Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

RT Barksdale signs with SD

akcolt

Sorry if this has been posted. The signing was a couple of days ago but I didn't see anything

The 26 year old RT coming off two solid seasons with the Rams. I was hoping he would be a late addition for us.

I thought had the potential to the late signing that had a positive impact. This years Adams.

If Godser was unable to go we could plug him in at RT. A stop gap with potential to be a solution IMO.

I am a little surprised we never took a look. They must like someone at RT. If nothing else Barksdale adds solid depth at T.

Oh well that option is gone now he's a Charger for 1 yr can make up to 1M dollars this year with incentives.

I really think Barksdale would have been a good add. If nothing else back up both T's.

We can only work with the information that we possess as Colts fans. Based on that information, the front office not having an interest in Joe Barksdale doesn't perfectly add up.

A few possibilities:

• Maybe Joe does not want to play for the Colts.
  • Maybe Joe doesn't have enough "grit".
  • Maybe Joe is not a good locker room guy (He was cut by Oakland back when Reggie McKenzie cleaned house).
  • Maybe Joe is not better than our current right tackles and/or his skills do not offer position flexibility.
  • Joe has length, but maybe not enough speed, burst, or power.
  • Maybe Joe is not a Horseshoe guy.

It could really be anything, but I do agree that as a Colts fan, it does create questions.

Per Rotowirkd The 27-year-old is one of the better players left on the market after he likely missed his bite at the apple in the opening of free agency by getting married and then leaving the country for his honeymoon

Hope we have a plan if GC can't go

I thought this was a weird signing as well....

I had read that St. Louis still wanted him back, despite investing 4 draft picks on the OL in this year's draft.

And it's not like he got big dollars that St. Louis couldn't beat.....

As for the Colts and Barksdale.....     for whatever reason, one gets the feeling that Grigson is confident this line can do the job.