Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

He was a political science major and graduated with a 3.67 GPA

I did not say that RGIII had a "fluff" class schedule, i said that A LOT OF STUDENT ATHLETES DO! What i said about RGIII is that i have read on multiple scouting reports, that Baylor had to give him a simplified version of the playbook, and also that he didnt make his own reads on the defense, that the coaches in the booth would survey the situation and then tell the coaches on the sideline and they would signal a play into RGIII...i also said that he IS a running QB.

The fact that i didnt look up the sources to give you a link does not make that untrue...i do not write down every web address to every story i read, just so that i can provide them for people like yourself and Truckin' and Deano...if you want to read it, then its pretty simple to google it...ive already read it several times and feel no obligation to google it for any of you...and if you're too lazy and would rather just say that its untrue, then thats fine with me.

• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I did not say that RGIII had a "fluff" class schedule, i said that A LOT OF STUDENT ATHLETES DO! What i said about RGIII is that i have read on multiple scouting reports, that Baylor had to give him a simplified version of the playbook, and also that he didnt make his own reads on the defense, that the coaches in the booth would survey the situation and then tell the coaches on the sideline and they would signal a play into RGIII...i also said that he IS a running QB.

The fact that i didnt look up the sources to give you a link does not make that untrue...i do not write down every web address to every story i read, just so that i can provide them for people like yourself and Truckin' and Deano...if you want to read it, then its pretty simple to google it...ive already read it several times and feel no obligation to google it for any of you...and if you're too lazy and would rather just say that its untrue, then thats fine with me.

So youre saying coaches would call in plays that they think would work? Like they are trying to win the game or something. Am i getting this right? Youve never watched a Baylor game if you believe he is a running QB. Cam newton was a running quarterback he ran the ball 264 times to 280 pass attempts.. Andy Dalton passed the ball 209 times to 86 rush attempts, is he a running quarterback?

Maybe you need to research it some more. There was already a link posted about in on here awhile back. And it showed that the secondaries he faced were better than luck or the usc guy

Look the stats up. His conference is the worst in pass defense. Mel kipper said and I looked up the stats. Geez

Look the stats up. His conference is the worst in pass defense. Mel kipper said and I looked up the stats. Geez

Maybe you should look up thr national rankings of the secondaries he played against. All teams not just his conference. The national rankings of the secondaries he played against were tougher than lucks were. So sorry bud your wrong

Maybe you should look up thr national rankings of the secondaries he played against. All teams not just his conference. The national rankings of the secondaries he played against were tougher than lucks were. So sorry bud your wrong

Ur wrong I said his conference is the worst in NCAA. Bud

His conference. I wasn't talking overall just his conference. Let me say it one more time.his conference is the worst at pass defense.Big 12

His conference. I wasn't talking overall just his conference. Let me say it one more time.his conference is the worst at pass defense.Big 12

Ok you act like the pac 12 has top defenses? You cant base someones season just on the bad defenses he played against. When the only thing that matters is the overall talent of defense he played against. He didnt just play against just big 12 teams

Edited by Coltssouth
Personal Insult

Ok you act like the pac 12 has top defenses? You cant base someones season just on the bad defenses he played against. When the only thing that matters is the overall talent of defense he played against. He didnt just play against just big 12 teams

Edited by Coltssouth
Personal Insult

Ok you :edit: you act like the pac 12 has top defenses? You cant base someones season just on the bad defenses he played against. When the only thing that matters is the overall talent of defense he played against. He didnt just play against just big 12 teams

:edit:? Easy over the Internet bro. Why u crying?? I was just saying the conference he played was awful that's it. Don't need you... calling names with a keyboard. Fact are facts. I was just saying what I had discovered. ...

Did I say PAC 12 had good defenses nope lmao. Didn't even mention them. Cry me cry me

Edited by PeytonGirl
response to a deleted personal shot

He reminds me of Michael Vick. Like Vick he would have early success but would get banged up to the point

it would affect his passing and change his whole game. RG3 also has had his injury problems in college. This

was a season he was completely healthy. He will be a good pro but I think he not a player you build a team around

like the Colts want.

I prefer Luck, but if we got RG3, we could look a whole lot like the Eagles and that isn't a bad thing moving forward. The Eagles have the ability to dominate against most teams, they just weren't on the same page this year. Draft RG3, maybe Kendal Wright, and keep Garcon. RG3 has the ability to keep extending the play and that's not something we are used to.

the eagles.....really?

What makes RG3 a project? Or is this just your assumption because he has the ability to run and does it. Every prospect is some sort of "project". In no way is he a run first QB. If you think so you clearly have never watched him play and only look at box scores. It is not like he was running an option offense or an offense like Cam Newton where it is one read and if it is not there take off running.

It doesn't matter to us anymore anyway, with having the #1 pick. we don't have to settle for RG3 when we can have the best. Let the other teams deal with RG3's future, this makes me happy.

as a matter of fact, this "pass first" QB, as some of you try to call him, had double digit rushing attempts in every game this season but two...and ran over 20 attempts in a game...

if you go back over his college career, in 2008 he had MORE rushing attempts than complete passes...he had 173, 149 and 161 rushing attempts in 2008, 2010 and 2011....and that is a "pass first QB" in some of your opinions? seriously?

Baylor's SENIOR starting RUNNING BACK has 364 Total Rushing Attempts for his college career...but the JUNIOR QUARTERBACK has 528 rushing attempts to an even 800 complete passes...i guess "technically" that means he passes more than he runs...but not by a very large margin

First off in 08 he was a running QB. Fresh out of olympic trials he was not a college QB. But that was also 3 years ago when he was a freshman so that is irrelevant. He blew out his knee the following year and with that year off he took the time to learn how to play QB. He came back as a athletic QB.

Your seriously going to knock him for running? really? Thats like me saying that Peyton isnt great because he has to call audibles at the line. Foolish. Its apart of his game, so he is going to use it. Where RG3 gets a 7 yard run, most QBs get an incompletion, interception or sack. I'll take the 7 yards.

You have shown us all his rushing stats, why not show some passing stats. How about almost 8000 passing yds, 59 TDs, almost 70% completion, and a rating of 166.8 over the last 2 years. You dont take those stats into account? If those numbers arnt good enough to be a passing QB its a real shame for Luck because his numbers are around the same mark or lower, meaning by your logic he is not a passing QB either. and with his 500 rushing yards over the last 2 years he doesnt qualify as a rushing QB.

If you actually watched him play without being in denial, you would see that he is clearly a pocket passer. And lets put this "simplified" playbook myth to rest. The original source stated that he had never actually seen Baylors playbook and that he was just going by what he saw on the field. And taking into account that RG3 is already only 12 hours away from his masters degree I would say that he is not the kind of guy that would need anything "dumbed" down for him.

First off in 08 he was a running QB. Fresh out of olympic trials he was not a college QB. But that was also 3 years ago when he was a freshman so that is irrelevant. He blew out his knee the following year and with that year off he took the time to learn how to play QB. He came back as a athletic QB.

Your seriously going to knock him for running? really? Thats like me saying that Peyton isnt great because he has to call audibles at the line. Foolish. Its apart of his game, so he is going to use it. Where RG3 gets a 7 yard run, most QBs get an incompletion, interception or sack. I'll take the 7 yards.

You have shown us all his rushing stats, why not show some passing stats. How about almost 8000 passing yds, 59 TDs, almost 70% completion, and a rating of 166.8 over the last 2 years. You dont take those stats into account? If those numbers arnt good enough to be a passing QB its a real shame for Luck because his numbers are around the same mark or lower, meaning by your logic he is not a passing QB either. and with his 500 rushing yards over the last 2 years he doesnt qualify as a rushing QB.

If you actually watched him play without being in denial, you would see that he is clearly a pocket passer. And lets put this "simplified" playbook myth to rest. The original source stated that he had never actually seen Baylors playbook and that he was just going by what he saw on the field. And taking into account that RG3 is already only 12 hours away from his masters degree I would say that he is not the kind of guy that would need anything "dumbed" down for him.

I have seen him play and there is several plays were if his first read isn't there he runs. He doesn't have the best footwork which is fixable. We have seen a bunch of these hybrid qb put up great numbers in college and not do great in the nfl. Just because u r close to your masters doesn't mean ur football iq is tremendous. He might struggle picking up a nfl playbook. It wouldn't be the first time.