Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

as a matter of fact, this "pass first" QB, as some of you try to call him, had double digit rushing attempts in every game this season but two...and ran over 20 attempts in a game...

if you go back over his college career, in 2008 he had MORE rushing attempts than complete passes...he had 173, 149 and 161 rushing attempts in 2008, 2010 and 2011....and that is a "pass first QB" in some of your opinions? seriously?

Baylor's SENIOR starting RUNNING BACK has 364 Total Rushing Attempts for his college career...but the JUNIOR QUARTERBACK has 528 rushing attempts to an even 800 complete passes...i guess "technically" that means he passes more than he runs...but not by a very large margin

• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

as a matter of fact, this "pass first" QB, as some of you try to call him, had double digit rushing attempts in every game this season but two...and ran over 20 attempts in a game...

if you go back over his college career, in 2008 he had MORE rushing attempts than complete passes...he had 173, 149 and 161 rushing attempts in 2008, 2010 and 2011....and that is a "pass first QB" in some of your opinions? seriously?

Baylor's SENIOR starting RUNNING BACK has 364 Total Rushing Attempts for his college career...but the JUNIOR QUARTERBACK has 528 rushing attempts to an even 800 complete passes...i guess "technically" that means he passes more than he runs...but not by a very large margin

Thats becasuse people had no idea who RG3 was before this season and then jumped on the bandwagon after he started getting hyped from the media(who I might add knew very little about the guy too.) RG3 is not in the least bit impressive to me. Just watching the bowl game last night, the Wash. QB had a better game than RG3 and Wash. is a terrible team.

Thats becasuse people had no idea who RG3 was before this season and then jumped on the bandwagon after he started getting hyped from the media(who I might add knew very little about the guy too.) RG3 is not in the least bit impressive to me. Just watching the bowl game last night, the Wash. QB had a better game than RG3 and Wash. is a terrible team.

Oh i definitely agree...i've been a big time Colts fan since i was a kid, but i told my best friend that if "the unthinkable" happens, and we release Peyton, keep Caldwell/the Polians and then draft RGIII, i will just follow whoever Peyton goes to...that would be like the perfect crap storm of a terrible offseason, huh?

But i DO NOT want RGIII...he's overhyped and i just dont see him being very good in the NFL. Andrew Luck is over hyped also, but at least i can see him being a big time franchise QB for whoever he goes to...and i would have no problem with Luck playing for Indy, as long as its AFTER Peyton retires...but i would really rather trade the #1 if we get it for as much as we can get out of it to build a solid team...

If we get the #2 pick, it just depends on how our free agency looks, as far as Wayne/Garcon/Mathis and the health of Ijalana (Blackmon, Coples or Kalil as picks, accordingly)

RG3 is a raw talent. But he has several things that will make him attractive to many teams at or near the top of the draft. His intangibles seem to be off the chart - this is a guy you will want leading your team. His athleticism & speed are remarkable for any athlete, let alone QB. And his arm is out of this world. Did anyone see his first completion last night? Running to his right and without his feet set, he threw an absolute dart about 15-20 yards downfield for a 1st down. It was the type of throw that made you sit up and notice.

Lots to learn with him but if it all can be harnished...

So he's not a running QB, as the nut huggers on here claim...yet when you compare his rushing attempts in the bowl game last night to his complete passes, its a 40/60 split percentage-wise

great posts!

But Blue..you saw him Thursday..

Did you see a running QB or a pass first guy...?

I saw what I've seen before....a natural leader with an NFL-plus arm and top caliber speed.

He needs work on his footwork...as you can see...but his composure is strong...leadership unquestioned

He's rare. If I said he has a stronger arm than anyone in the NFL and is faster than anyone in the NFL...

..would you agree...

...then why would you not select him as a backup QB...?

If the Colts want a rookie starter NEXT YEAR.....it Andrew Luck..

But if we arent looking for a new QB until 2014 or 2016.....go with the power of 3 ..

I dont see us taking RGIII, and i hope that we do not, either. The "news" on him, in his scouting report now, says that Baylor has had to "dumb down" and use a very simplified playbook for him...so if he cant handle the playbook in college, i'd hate to see how he would handle one in the NFL...also, what does that say about his overall learning ability?

Coltsblue1844........ I will ask again your sources, "news" or link for your above statement.

RGIII is graduating early with honors from a tough academic school, Baylor.

I highly doubt that anything was dumbed down for him, but I am very curious as to where you are seeing this

(I havent seen anything like this)

But Blue..you saw him Thursday..

Did you see a running QB or a pass first guy...?

I saw what I've seen before....a natural leader with an NFL-plus arm and top caliber speed.

He needs work on his footwork...as you can see...but his composure is strong...leadership unquestioned

He's rare. If I said he has a stronger arm than anyone in the NFL and is faster than anyone in the NFL...

..would you agree...

...then why would you not select him as a backup QB...?

If the Colts want a rookie starter NEXT YEAR.....it Andrew Luck..

But if we arent looking for a new QB until 2014 or 2016.....go with the power of 3 ..

Yes, i did see him last night....and he had 15 rushing attempts and only 24 complete passes....to me, that IS a running QB...and i dont want to draft a BACK UP QB, i would much rather draft one that will be a future starter...but career back up would be much more likely for RGIII.

As for my "sources" on Baylor using a simplified playbook for him, it is in several of the recent scouting reports on him...graduating early does not make someone above average intelligence...for all you know, he couldve had Crayola 101 for most of his classes....several top level athletes have easy class schedules, in order to keep their GPA high enough as needed.

Yes, i did see him last night....and he had 15 rushing attempts and only 24 complete passes....to me, that IS a running QB...and i dont want to draft a BACK UP QB, i would much rather draft one that will be a future starter...but career back up would be much more likely for RGIII.

As for my "sources" on Baylor using a simplified playbook for him, it is in several of the recent scouting reports on him...graduating early does not make someone above average intelligence...for all you know, he couldve had Crayola 101 for most of his classes....several top level athletes have easy class schedules, in order to keep their GPA high enough as needed.

You probably need to let go of this whole point you are making. The last sentence in your rant is just ridiculous and strikes me as stereotyped nonsense.

Coltsblue1844

I will ask a 3rd time for a link, a specific publication, a writer's quote, or anything else SPECIFIC.

If you cant share one....just one..... can you see how your loose statements stating "recent scouting reports"

statements can be viewed as a bit thin?

You have your opinion, I have mine on this guy. He may or may not make it in the NFL, but...... please

dont throw your opinions, and claim these mysterious scouting reports as sources

If you have a published document of any kind that backs up your statements, I will apologize.

But.... still waiting for a substantive reply...........

I wanted to show you an actual link, like I am looking for, this so happens to have academics

associated in regards to RGIII.

Please open it

http://www.bu-rg3.com/academics/

A few of the highlights for this "dumbed down" player :

• 2011 Spring Big 12 Commissioner's Honor Roll
  • Arthur Ashe Overall Sports Scholar Award finalist, 2010
  • 2010 Academic All-District VI (ESPN/CoSIDA)
  • 2010 Academic All-Big 12 (first team)
  • 2011 Spring Baylor Dean's List
  • 2010 Fall Baylor Dean's List
  • 2010 Fall Big 12 Commissioner's Honor Roll
  • 2010 Spring Big 12 Commissioner's Honor Roll
  • 2009 Fall Big 12 Commissioner's Honor Roll
  • 2009 Spring Baylor Dean's List
  • 2009 Spring Big 12 Commissioner's Honor Roll
  • 2008 Fall Big 12 Commissioner's Honor Roll
  • 2008 Spring Big 12 Commissioner's Honor Roll
  • Graduated No. 7 in senior class at Copperas Cove (Texas) High School

I dont see anything on crayola on this list.

I am not sure if you graduated early with honors, from College, while playing a time consuming sport.

I know I didnt graduate 7th in my class

He must be much smarter than me (a low hurdle)

Baylor is a tough school

I live just north of Dallas Texas, and Baylor is very close by.

I get the local news

All the news on him this year is he is a VERY intelligent person, with off the chart physical skills

I will reiterate, if we have the first pick, we take Luck.... no questions

If we have the 2nd pick, RGIII is my personal choice

I wanted to show you an actual link, like I am looking for, this so happens to have academics

Please open it

I am not sure if you graduated early with honors, from College, while playing a time consuming sport.

Baylor is a tough school

I get the local news

All the news on him this year is he is a VERY intelligent person, with off the chart physical skills

Well, I have heard they used a simplified playbook too, but I honestly don't remember where I read it.

Here is an article that seems to suggest that RG3 will have a tough time making the move to the NFL because he's never read a defense while at Baylor, amongst other reasons they point out.

http://www.nfl.com/n...?module=HP11_cp

He is a smart guy, but im not convinced at all that he can be successful at the NFL level.

Thought this quote was telling.

Another NFC exec said, "It's a very good system, and they've done a heck of a job recruiting for it. ... But it's simple, and he'll have to adjust. He's really smart, accepted to law school and all that, but it'll be an adjustment. … You're not gonna come in and put him in a Peyton [Manning] offense."

RGIII isnt Peyton Manning

And there is no comparison between the two

PM is a top 5 QB of all time, no question

Luck isnt Manning. It sounds like he is similar to Manning, and could adjust quicker than any QB in awhile.

If we cant draft Luck, then RGIII, in my humble opinion, should be our choice.

If we get RGIII, it would be a mistake to run a "Peyton Manning Offense"

We would need to make adjustments to our current offense to utilize his talents.

Your quote says nothing other than it will be an adjustment, and that he isnt the Peyton Manning Offense type

(we agree) Not that he is dumbed down, or on the crayola college plan as stated

Making him out to be less than intelligent is of no value to anyone.

(I bet he is much smarter than MANY of us on the board)

RGIII is a special talent that may or may not make it in the NFL (As I stated)

However, I bet he will do just fine.

I would still like to see the link that stated the "dumbed down"

If its on the net, its an easy search....... (I couldnt find it, from the "reports") that are on the web

RGIII isnt Peyton Manning

And there is no comparison between the two

PM is a top 5 QB of all time, no question

Luck isnt Manning. It sounds like he is similar to Manning, and could adjust quicker than any QB in awhile.

If we cant draft Luck, then RGIII, in my humble opinion, should be our choice.

If we get RGIII, it would be a mistake to run a "Peyton Manning Offense"

We would need to make adjustments to our current offense to utilize his talents.

Your quote says nothing other than it will be an adjustment, and that he isnt the Peyton Manning Offense type

(we agree) Not that he is dumbed down, or on the crayola college plan as stated

Making him out to be less than intelligent is of no value to anyone.

(I bet he is much smarter than MANY of us on the board)

RGIII is a special talent that may or may not make it in the NFL (As I stated)

However, I bet he will do just fine.

I would still like to see the link that stated the "dumbed down"

If its on the net, its an easy search....... (I couldnt find it, from the "reports") that are on the web

I don't know if you're directing this to me or not but I never said "dumbed down" or "crayola college plan". I just posted something that does state that some NFL execs. think he may have trouble going to the NFL. However, the article does state that the offense at Baylor is simple, I don't know if the other poster took that word and turned into "dumbed down" just to make it sound worse or not, but again, not my words. I think he is a smart kid, but I would rather wait and get a kid like Ryan Tannehill in the 2nd rd. if we can't get Luck.

Please open it

Baylor is a tough school

I get the local news

Honestly, i couldnt care less if you believe me or if you say sorry or whatever...but here is a little tid bit that will revolutionize your entire world, apparently....its called "GOOGLE"....its the strangest thing, you can type into a little box what you're hoping to find, and it does a very good job of finding what you're looking for, for you!

SO, now that you know this, perhaps you can find things for yourself instead of just assuming that everyone that doesnt give you links is dishonest.

As for your school list for RGIII, it doesnt list a single class on there...and i never said that they guy was or wasnt a smart person...i simply said that its not out of line to think that some top flight college athletes school records/grades etc are "fixed" at times, to ensure their playing in the games each week....for example, Derrick Rose may not have even taken his own SAT tests....there is a former student that swore under oath that HE took them for him, so that he would be able to play basketball....

Finally, you are right, we are all entitled to our opinions...and mine says that anyone who thinks that RGIII is going to be a franchise QB is in for a rude awakening...but then again, i do not consider Vick to be a franchise QB, either...anyone who misses half of every season, and has to "extend the play" because he is unable to correctly/quickly survey the field and make his reads, isnt considered someone i'd build my team around, if it were me.

Oh i definitely agree...i've been a big time Colts fan since i was a kid, but i told my best friend that if "the unthinkable" happens, and we release Peyton, keep Caldwell/the Polians and then draft RGIII, i will just follow whoever Peyton goes to...that would be like the perfect crap storm of a terrible offseason, huh?

But i DO NOT want RGIII...he's overhyped and i just dont see him being very good in the NFL. Andrew Luck is over hyped also, but at least i can see him being a big time franchise QB for whoever he goes to...and i would have no problem with Luck playing for Indy, as long as its AFTER Peyton retires...but i would really rather trade the #1 if we get it for as much as we can get out of it to build a solid team...

If we get the #2 pick, it just depends on how our free agency looks, as far as Wayne/Garcon/Mathis and the health of Ijalana (Blackmon, Coples or Kalil as picks, accordingly)

So ur saying your a manning fan not a colts fan? Or u really don't like rg3??

I don't like rg3 either but if the colts take him and manning goes elsewhere I'm still rooting for my colts and hoping I'm wrong about rg3

So ur saying your a manning fan not a colts fan? Or u really don't like rg3??

I don't like rg3 either but if the colts take him and manning goes elsewhere I'm still rooting for my colts and hoping I'm wrong about rg3

No, i said that im a lifelong Colts fan...but IF we KEEP Caldwell, LOSE Manning and TAKE RGIII, that would be three HUGE negatives for me, as far as the team. I do not like RGIII and think he will be very mediocre in the NFL...and i think that Caldwell is a terrible coach...and Manning is my favorite player of all time....so like i said, if those three things ALL happen, it will be extremely disheartening. But please dont question my fanhood as you did...i'm about as big a Colts fan as there is.

I don't know if you're directing this to me or not but I never said "dumbed down" or "crayola college plan". I just posted something that does state that some NFL execs. think he may have trouble going to the NFL. However, the article does state that the offense at Baylor is simple, I don't know if the other poster took that word and turned into "dumbed down" just to make it sound worse or not, but again, not my words. I think he is a smart kid, but I would rather wait and get a kid like Ryan Tannehill in the 2nd rd. if we can't get Luck.

Not directed at you....... I get tired of people that act like they read something, and that is the new fact that everyone should listen to but are unable to share specifics....... even when they are getting called on it

If The Rams take Andrew Luck or trade the No.1 overall to someone who does...

..what are the ups and downs of the Colts drafting Robert Griffin III?

He is a world class sprinter who could be used to return kicks while he's not playing...

The has a very strong arm but a very high TD to interception ratio...

RG3 would not mind riding the bench in 2012 because he wants to run in the Olympic Games//

he's a world class hurdler...

I dont know if he's Michael Vick or Joe Webb in the long run ..but he is the Heisman Trophy winner and a premier athlete..far beyond anyone else..

#2 pick is WAY too high for a project pick like RG3. He would be okay if we used our 2nd round pick on him, but anything sooner is a waste. He is a run first QB, and we all know that is a bad idea in a pass first league.

No, i said that im a lifelong Colts fan...but IF we KEEP Caldwell, LOSE Manning and TAKE RGIII, that would be three HUGE negatives for me, as far as the team. I do not like RGIII and think he will be very mediocre in the NFL...and i think that Caldwell is a terrible coach...and Manning is my favorite player of all time....so like i said, if those three things ALL happen, it will be extremely disheartening. But please dont question my fanhood as you did...i'm about as big a Colts fan as there is.

Not questioning your fanhood just was asking a question simmer down.

I too hope Caldwell is gone and no rg3 but wouldn't break my heart if we got luck and parted ways with manning if they didn't think he was back at 100%.

lol i'm not mad, so no need to simmer down...i guess we both worded things a little wrong...

anyhow, if we get the #1, i would prefer we trade it...but if we were to take a QB, i wouldnt be upset with having Luck for the future...but if we end up at #2 i just do NOT want RGIII, and think that there are several other players that could make a huge/imediate impact

I've said it before in other threads-- I'm not sure that he fits into an NFL system yet... Although I was adamantly against him as an NFL QB before, the more highlights I watch of him, the more I like him. However, time will tell how he plays in the NFL (like any prospect, really). If he comes to Indy, I'd be excited to see how he learns. He seems to be a smart kid in the pocket, and under Manning, he could only improve his game. I'm wondering what the FO thinks of Jones as well. Gonna be a very exciting offseason for sure!

We cant really say what he will learn under Manning...

just ask Curtis Painter and Jim Sorgi. I think that Peyton tells them the opposite because he doesnt want anyone learning his secrets to success! :)

#2 pick is WAY too high for a project pick like RG3. He would be okay if we used our 2nd round pick on him, but anything sooner is a waste. He is a run first QB, and we all know that is a bad idea in a pass first league.

agreed. it is too high of a pick. I can kind of imagine RG3 ending up like Brady Quinn did waiting almost the whole first round to get picked

There is absolutely zero chance he will be available in the 2nd round,

Nice try though.

What makes RG3 a project? Or is this just your assumption because he has the ability to run and does it. Every prospect is some sort of "project". In no way is he a run first QB. If you think so you clearly have never watched him play and only look at box scores. It is not like he was running an option offense or an offense like Cam Newton where it is one read and if it is not there take off running.

He is the single fastest player in college football

Um no. Look up Jeff Demps.

Lawl what a fail argument. You had to go back all the way to 2008 when he was a FRESHMAN in college. How about the fact he is 4th in yards thrown this year? 35th in attempts(thats a lot for a guy that runs sooooo much). Also note he lead the entire NCAA in yards per attempt so he is not just checking down but going down field.

Only 24 passes? Do you want him to be throwing the ball 50 times a game? Does that get your approval to him being a passer? Yes several top athletes have easy class schedules but has nothing to do with padding their GPA that is just pure ignorance. These guys spend 3 hours a day at practice then also have to study their playbook and have film sessions. They barely get time for school work, so please excuse more of these guys for not being doctors.

The conference is relevant because he played the worse passing defenses in NCAA. When he played good defenses they lost twice by 24 points or more. I would not waste a 2nd pick in him. I've considered it. I was neutral on rg3 till I did research watched videos and asked my cousin who graduated from Baylor and has seen all rg3 games. He says he's an amazing college qb but wouldn't take him at number 2. Granted he's just a fan like me and u. I just don't see it. It's great he has amazing straight line speed is a hurdler and the stuff but he's a qb not a rb/WR and undersized.

Just thought you should do a little more work on your research. Rg3 played against the toughest pass defenses statistically out of any.of the top qbs in the draft

I prefer Luck, but if we got RG3, we could look a whole lot like the Eagles and that isn't a bad thing moving forward. The Eagles have the ability to dominate against most teams, they just weren't on the same page this year. Draft RG3, maybe Kendal Wright, and keep Garcon. RG3 has the ability to keep extending the play and that's not something we are used to.

What makes RG3 a project? Or is this just your assumption because he has the ability to run and does it. Every prospect is some sort of "project". In no way is he a run first QB. If you think so you clearly have never watched him play and only look at box scores. It is not like he was running an option offense or an offense like Cam Newton where it is one read and if it is not there take off running.

Um no. Look up Jeff Demps.

Lawl what a fail argument. You had to go back all the way to 2008 when he was a FRESHMAN in college. How about the fact he is 4th in yards thrown this year? 35th in attempts(thats a lot for a guy that runs sooooo much). Also note he lead the entire NCAA in yards per attempt so he is not just checking down but going down field.

Only 24 passes? Do you want him to be throwing the ball 50 times a game? Does that get your approval to him being a passer? Yes several top athletes have easy class schedules but has nothing to do with padding their GPA that is just pure ignorance. These guys spend 3 hours a day at practice then also have to study their playbook and have film sessions. They barely get time for school work, so please excuse more of these guys for not being doctors.

Dont say "you had to go all the way back to 2008"...because THIS YEAR, he only had 12 fewer rushing attempts than he did in 2008...

And no one said they have to be doctors, or that it was all about having a high GPA...but GPA IS involved in keeping their scholarships, thus the easy classes for lots of athletes

Just thought you should do a little more work on your research. Rg3 played against the toughest pass defenses statistically out of any.of the top qbs in the draft

Lol eeeerrrrnt wrong. Research it real quick. I'll wait.......

Dont say "you had to go all the way back to 2008"...because THIS YEAR, he only had 12 fewer rushing attempts than he did in 2008...

And no one said they have to be doctors, or that it was all about having a high GPA...but GPA IS involved in keeping their scholarships, thus the easy classes for lots of athletes

and THIS YEAR he had 135 more pass attempts than he dd in 2008. Seriously stop trying you have failed to make a single relevant point.

He was a political science major and graduated with a 3.67 GPA

Maybe not a relevant point in your mind, but then again, unless someone is on the RGIII bandwagon, you disagree with them *shrug*

You mean I disagree with them when they throw baseless facts and make a faulty argument? Well isn't that a novel concept. Apparently you are a bandwagoner now if you point out how somebody is wrong *shrug*