Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Reggie With The Peeps!

GoDeep

I was leaving the game Thursday night. Right ahead of us, still in the stadium, by the corridor that leads to the convention center, there was a big ruckus. As we got closer we heard chants of "Reggie".

Well holy moly, Reggie Wayne was out among the people hive-fiving and all. Very cool move.

Anyone else see this?

Saw the end of it on tv - I'm sure that's when he was heading out to his interview on the NFL Network. There is another thread on here about that. THAT was very cool as well. One of my favorite Colts ever.

Sorry, didn't see the other thread. Just thought it was so cool of him after catching the game winner!

Sorry, didn't see the other thread. Just thought it was so cool of him after catching the game winner!

No need to apologize - I just thought that you might appreciate the other thread. It must have been nice to have been there - but I have to say that his triumphant arrival on that stage was the perfect cap to a wonderful win. I have no idea if the video is available somewhere, but you'd probably get a kick out of it.

I did see that. Just to play Devil's advocate here....anyone else think he did that as a PR move? Gain the fans' support so the front office feels pressure to sign him and give in to his demands? I don't think that's the motive behind his actions, but I'm just sayin....

Probably didn't hurt his cause with that, or the game but I doubt it plays into management decisions. He did tell the NFL Channel guys that he'd be sitting with them after the game.

Besides, is there any other way to get to where they were sitting?

Go Deep - that was a cool experience, I wish I could have joined you there. We were at the game the previous week and it was a blast.

I did see that. Just to play Devil's advocate here....anyone else think he did that as a PR move? Gain the fans' support so the front office feels pressure to sign him and give in to his demands? I don't think that's the motive behind his actions, but I'm just sayin....

No.

I was leaving the game Thursday night. Right ahead of us, still in the stadium, by the corridor that leads to the convention center, there was a big ruckus. As we got closer we heard chants of "Reggie".

Well holy moly, Reggie Wayne was out among the people hive-fiving and all. Very cool move.

Anyone else see this?

We were going down the escalator as he was coming up. We waited at the bottom of the escalator for him once the interview was over in hopes of the kids we were with getting an autograph. It was very cool.

I believe he is genuinely in touch with fans as he has made effort to establish this throughout his career. He's one of those stars that isn't bigger than the little guy.

Not resigning Reggie would be a terrible PR move by our FO.

I believe he is genuinely in touch with fans as he has made effort to establish this throughout his career. He's one of those stars that isn't bigger than the little guy.

Not resigning Reggie would be a terrible PR move by our FO.

I'm sure the Colts would love to re-sign him, but at what price? I think he's getting somewhere around $6M for 11. How much is he worth next year? If Chad Ochocinco is any indication, he's maybe worth $2 to 3M? I don't know if any team is going to give him much more than that.

Would the Colts? I hope so.

We were going down the escalator as he was coming up. We waited at the bottom of the escalator for him once the interview was over in hopes of the kids we were with getting an autograph. It was very cool.

Oh, the KIDS you were with. Gotcha.

Where did you find them, and how much did you pay them? :P

That just makes it seem like devils advocate is making something out of nothing.

Things arent that controlled... Reggie told Deion Sanders before the game he'd be there...

They were favored to lose..

Things arent that controlled... Reggie told Deion Sanders before the game he'd be there...

They were favored to lose..

I always thought the took the best player from the game on to the set afterwards. Reg told Deion he would be there as a confident statement that he believed the team would win and he would have a solid performance, not as a guarantee. It would have been very possible to have someone else on the set, like Orlovsky

Folks are saying now that he'd accept a 2-year deal...

I'd give him $10 mil a year for 2 years....

....I am ignoring the 0-13 start.........We have playoff team with Manning. Clark, Bullitt and Brackett..

...lets let the overall record tell us when its time to become the Vikings and start over

I don't think the Colts, nor any other team, is going to offer him that much. I think the Colts will make an offer though. I just hope it's realistic and when he sees what other teams are offering, he stays.

I was there & watched him doing the interview. I love what he said about, "being a Hoosier." :thmup: His words about loving the fans were from the heart. There was no PR move there! We already love the guy! I want him back & I hope the Colts make a good offer! I just wish that security hadn't gotten pushy & started getting people out of Lucas! I've never been ordered out of there before. They were literally forcing people out! Nobody watching the interview was being nasty or jockeying for position.

Maybe, but Reggie in general has fun making a splash. I enjoy that about him