Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Duke Johnson vs Jeremy Langford

What say you?  

In some ways they both seem similar, although I give the edge to Duke.

I like the fact that Langford is 6'0" 205.  There's room there to add more weight, plus he's

just as fast if not slightly faster than Duke.  I still think Duke is quicker and more decisive than Langford though.  Duke is going to get picked higher than Langford, but I see quite a bit of similarity.

To be honest with you on some of Jeremy Langfords runs I also see some Arian Foster in him.  Like I can totally envision him running those stretch zones like Arian does in Houston.  Seems they were running more power at MSU though so he's versatile. 

Love Johnson too!  I see some good value in Langford though, however Duke is the one I want.

Langford I like a bit but just not as much shift, acceleration and speed as Johnson. I can see him being better in pass protection in the NFL because of size but he doesn't really do anything as good or better then Johnson with the exception of pass protect

I prefer Duke. I think he's a second or third round prospect, and I think Langford is a fourth or fifth round prospect. I'd take either of them as RB3.

As an RB3? 1.) If we take one of these guys, they'll be splitting time with Gore most likely and be preparing to be our rb of the future. 2.) After watching Duke and Langford's highlights, do you honestly think Herron is better than either of them, especially with the fumbling issues? 

As an RB3? 1.) If we take one of these guys, they'll be splitting time with Gore most likely and be preparing to be our rb of the future. 2.) After watching Duke and Langford's highlights, do you honestly think Herron is better than either of them, especially with the fumbling issues? 

I wouldn't call Boom better, and they both have more upside, but I'm assuming he's RB2 to start. They both have a little bit of fumble history themselves, and Langford has really small hands which might be more of a problem in the pros. I'd be good with Duke as RB2 right away, but I'd have Langford behind Boom on merit.

If we take one of the better rb's in Draft, they won't be rb3 IMHO.

They will be listed in depth chart as #2 but I think by around mid-season they will actually be our #1 back. It may not be listed in the Depth chart(you know how much respect Pags gives his vets) But in everyone's mind that's the way it will play out.

I wouldn't call Boom better, and they both have more upside, but I'm assuming he's RB2 to start. They both have a little bit of fumble history themselves, and Langford has really small hands which might be more of a problem in the pros. I'd be good with Duke as RB2 right away, but I'd have Langford behind Boom on merit.

That's fair. I'm actually thinking we might not draft an rb this year, but I could be wrong. I think it depends on how high we draft a rb that depends on whether he is the 2 or 3. If we take Johnson and Langford, I think based on round priority, it will make them the no2 with high expectations. If we take a late round flier on an rb, boom will be the starter. Not sure about you, but I think boom is a bit overrated on these boards when in reality he is just a nice improvement over what we had last year.

If we take one of the better rb's in Draft, they won't be rb3 IMHO.

They will be listed in depth chart as #2 but I think by around mid-season they will actually be our #1 back. It may not be listed in the Depth chart(you know how much respect Pags gives his vets) But in everyone's mind that's the way it will play out.

I don't see a rookie overtaking Gore this season, unless the rookie is just outstanding.

That's fair. I'm actually thinking we might not draft an rb this year, but I could be wrong. I think it depends on how high we draft a rb that depends on whether he is the 2 or 3. If we take Johnson and Langford, I think based on round priority, it will make them the no2 with high expectations. If we take a late round flier on an rb, boom will be the starter. Not sure about you, but I think boom is a bit overrated on these boards when in reality he is just a nice improvement over what we had last year.

There's some Ohio State fans on the board, so Boom gets a lot of love. Still, he was the starter at the end of the year, and did a pretty good job. He showed some big play ability, made himself a factor in the passing game, etc. As an RB2, I think he's fine. And I think a rookie would have to catch on quickly, particularly in protection, to prove better than Boom right away.

Of course there's injuries, which could change everything in the blink of an eye. But if I had to project the depth chart right now, I'd say Gore is the starter/lead back, Boom is the #2 back, and #3 is up for grabs. If we draft someone, he'll have the upper hand. Ballard is also in the mix, if he's upright.

RBs I would draft in the round I think they would be available for the Colts

RD3: Langford, Allen, Johnson, Jones

RD4: Cobb

RD5: Malcom Brown, Karlos Williams, Terence Mcgee

Langford > Duke ( Duke Stair-steps his runs more... He won't be able to do that much at the next level. Langford run more north-south

IMO