Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Could we take a look at Tashaun Gipson?

He has a 2nd round tender at Cleveland. Meaning we can negotiate with him but if we come to a deal, the Browns have a right to match it. If they refuse to match it, then we would sign Gipson but give up our 2nd round draft pick next year.

I don't see why somebody hasn't already made him an offer. He is more than worth a 2nd round pick. He is 24, former pro-bowler. Only Richard Sherman has had more INTs since the beginning of the 2012 season than him. He is the very definition of a ballhawk.

If we agree on a deal with him, great. If the Browns match then it eats their cap space and costs us nothing. If not then we have spent a second round pick in a position of need, on a player who fits our scheme, and is a proven producer.

I'm honestly just venting here. But I can understand why the Colts didn't, with the contracts we're going to have to give out soon. But I'm surprised somebody hasn't.

I think we should grab Tartt in the 3rd/Geathers in the 5th/6th and Amos in the 4th/5th. That could possibly give us our fs and ss of the future.

Colts should draft 3 safeties in what is largely considered the worst safety draft in a long time. Now that's just smart.

Are these just suggestions or you want all three?

Colts should draft 3 safeties in what is largely considered the worst safety draft in a long time. Now that's just smart.

Sorry what I meant is either Tartt or Geathers for our SS spot and Amos for FS. Not all three. And I can't help that we have little depth at the position. 2 safeties for depth/potential starters isn't a bad idea.

Sorry what I meant is either Tartt or Geathers for our SS spot and Amos for FS. Not all three. And I can't help that we have little depth at the position. 2 safeties for depth/potential starters isn't a bad idea.

Ahhh ok thanks for the clarification, i completely agree we should def target a Safety within the first 3 rounds.