Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Are the Saints in rebuild mode?

MrNLM

Saints are definitely in the beginnings of a rebuild. I believe if they got the right offer, they'd trade Brees. They are trying to get some solid picks right now it seems as they are having trouble getting under the cap. They won't be doing much in Free Agency. Time to dump some contracts and get young again. Interestingly enough, the Graham trade put them more above the cap if I remember right. They will be in a hole for awhile.

Saints are definitely in the beginnings of a rebuild. I believe if they got the right offer, they'd trade Brees. They are trying to get some solid picks right now it seems as they are having trouble getting under the cap. They won't be doing much in Free Agency. Time to dump some contracts and get young again. Interestingly enough, the Graham trade put them more above the cap if I remember right. They will be in a hole for awhile.

We draft poorly most the time. If they were smart, they'd do a full scale rebuild next year and dump Brees and Payton both. But now Brees will have no weapons. And this isn't 2008-2009 Brees. He does not distribute the ball. They just got rid of his #1 target, which means he will go back to keying on Cooks and Colston like he did most of last year when Graham was injured. 

On the sad side, we just gave Seattle a weapon they needed. No doubt in my mind Seattle will be a threat next year. 

Posted · Hidden by Superman, March 11, 2015 - inflammatory, off topic
Hidden by Superman, March 11, 2015 - inflammatory, off topic

They are in self destruction mode and they will deserve it this year. 

F.E.M.A. SAVE THEM!

Wait, if they are in destruction mode... they should call Katrina, right?

We draft poorly most the time. If they were smart, they'd do a full scale rebuild next year and dump Brees and Payton both. But now Brees will have no weapons. And this isn't 2008-2009 Brees. He does not distribute the ball. They just got rid of his #1 target, which means he will go back to keying on Cooks and Colston like he did most of last year when Graham was injured. 

On the sad side, we just gave Seattle a weapon they needed. No doubt in my mind Seattle will be a threat next year. 

Bogie gets it.

Brees and Payton gotta go.

Pep, start brushing up on your french and get your digestive system used to the Cajun food.

F.E.M.A. SAVE THEM!

Wait, if they are in destruction mode... they should call Katrina, right?

Nice Katrina jokes clown. You're talking to someone that actually did lose their house in that storm, along with various possessions from my childhood and family that is dead and I will never get to see again. Precious photographs and things they left you when they passed. Katrina was one of the hardest things I ever went through in my life, and I know many people that had it worse than me and it's not something we laugh about when we think about the memories. 

I lived in a FEMA trailer thank you very much. 

Hope it makes you feel good about yourself to joke and laugh about a tragedy that killed a lot of people in a natural disaster and still has effected us tremendously, emotionally and personally. Be proud of yourself for that.  :thmup:

Nice Katrina jokes clown. You're talking to someone that actually did lose their house in that storm, along with various possessions from my childhood and family that is dead and I will never get to see again. Precious photographs and things they left you when they passed. Katrina was one of the hardest things I ever went through in my life, and I know many people that had it worse than me and it's not something we laugh about when we think about the memories. 

Hope it makes you feel good about yourself to joke and laugh about a tragedy that killed a lot of people in a natural disaster and still has effected us tremendously, emotionally and personally. Be proud of yourself for that.  :thmup:

Not proud at all. I had considered taking it down actually. My apologies, friend.

Not proud at all. I had considered taking it down actually. My apologies, friend.

My family lost their jobs and work from that storm when the floods wiped out the seafood industry down here. They still haven't fully recovered from that (BP Oil spill made it worse) and I lost my house from it. Tree fell and collapsed my dinky little trailer. Was very hard to go through.

I'll accept your apology, I just take it harshly cause that was a very bad experience for me, and I know it was worse in New Orleans when people drowned. 

My family lost their jobs and work from that storm when the floods wiped out the seafood industry down here. They still haven't fully recovered from that (BP Oil spill made it worse) and I lost my house from it. Tree fell and collapsed my dinky little trailer. Was very hard to go through.

I'll accept your apology, I just take it harshly cause that was a very bad experience for me, and I know it was worse in New Orleans when people drowned. 

That's kind of you. i would not be so kind but i am obviously a bit thick at times. This was one of them.

You usually do not see those kinds of comments on this forum. I hope a mod cleans it up later.

Honestly, the Saints are really the winner. They needed picks to fix that defense and that O-Line, and they are pretty much getting the best of both worlds.

Jimmy wasn't a game changer, and he demanded huge money, also the drama this last off season probably caused the Saints to re-think keeping him with this franchise. 

I think the Saints feel comfortable about getting some good picks this year in the draft.

The NFC South will be dominated by the Panthers for a long time.

No, they're not rebuilding. They got a 29-year-old All Pro Center, who actually cost them an extra $2.5 million on their salary cap. They're changing things up, moving from a passing team to a power run/play action team. Which is why they have signed Mark Ingram and drafted deep threats in Stills and Cooks. They may not be a great team next year but they're not in rebuild mode either.

There are some seriously unknowledgable people around here these days. LOL

Expecting Atlanta or Carolina to win the NFC South next year. The Saints are continuing to spiral out of control.

I think Atlanta will be solid next year, but it look out for Tampa if Winston is as advertised. If he came in and started lighting it up, the Bucs would be a fun team to watch with VJax and Evans at WR, and Seferian Jenkins could have a breakout year at TE too. They already have some nice pieces on defense, and just added Bruce Carter and Henry Melton.

I think Atlanta will be solid next year, but it look out for Tampa if Winston is as advertised. If he came in and started lighting it up, the Bucs would be a fun team to watch with VJax and Evans at WR, and Seferian Jenkins could have a breakout year at TE too.

True that, they'd be great to watch, but I feel bad for all the crabs out there on Tampa beach. The days of them having legs is over if Winston lands there :P

Just saw your update about the new guys they added. They were just terrible last year so rightfully the only way should be up, a team always has a chance in the NFC South.