Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Bucky Brooks Top 5 at Every Position

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000459787/article/top-five-2015-nfl-draft-prospects-by-position

I love the fact that unlike Mayock, he didn't just lump all linebackers together and separated DE and DT's. I won't copy and paste the whole thing but here are a few of his rankings

Running Backs

1. Todd Gurley, Georgia
2. Melvin Gordon, Wisconsin
3. Tevin Coleman, Indiana
4. Duke Johnson, Miami (Fla.)
5. Jay Ajayi, Boise State

Inside Linebackers

1. Benardrick McKinney, Mississippi State
2. Denzel Perryman, Miami (Fla.)
3. Eric Kendricks, UCLA
4. Stephone Anthony, Clemson
5. Ramik Wilson, Georgia

Outside linebackers

1. Vic Beasley, Clemson
2. Shaq Thompson, Washington
3. Alvin "Bud" Dupree, Kentucky
4. Paul Dawson, TCU
5. Hau'oli Kikaha, Washington

Safeties

1. Landon Collins, Alabama
2. Gerod Holliman, Louisville
3. Derron Smith, Fresno State
4. Damarious Randall, Arizona State
5. Anthony Harris, Virginia

Just how good is Vic Beasley at the #1 outsdie linebacker position? I ask, because I saw a mock draft that had him falling to the Colts.

Link to said mock: http://www.nfl.com/draft/2015/mock-drafts

IMO Beasley will be a superstar. A lot of teams are underrating him because of his size, and he does need to get a little stronger, but I think he's the closest to being a sure thing as any of the other edge rushers in this class. That's just my opinion of him though. I see a little Mathis in him personally. When he adds some strength, the sky's the limit.

IMO Beasley will be a superstar. A lot of teams are underrating him because of his size, and he does need to get a little stronger, but I think he's the closest to being a sure thing as any of the other edge rushers in this class. That's just my opinion of him though. I see a little Mathis in him personally. When he adds some strength, the sky's the limit.

I hope we get a nice pass rusher with our first pick, whoever is left. I personally don't think Beasley will make it into the 20's. I hate the off season before the draft. The suspense kills me.

Ranking is just opinion. He didn't list Ameer Abdullah on the list of running backs, even though I personally think he's better than Jay Ajayi. So it is what it is.

Ajayi is overrated. Abdullah is way better. Plus there is a scout saying he gave him the highest character grade he's ever given to a prospect which says a lot.

Ajayi is overrated. Abdullah is way better. Plus there is a scout saying he gave him the highest character grade he's ever given to a prospect which says a lot.

Definitely. Abdullah reminds me of Bradshaw. I'm anxious to see if Grigs pulls the trigger on a RB in the 2nd or 3rd.

Beasley probably won't make it past the Atlanta Falcons. They definitely need edge rushers, especially with the switch they just made to a Seahawks style defense.

I don't think teams are underestimating Beasley, they see the incredible potential. The reason he has slipped in mocks lately is scouts are afraid he is a one trick pony right now. He wins on speed, and does not have enough strength yet to help him in his rush. I personally want an ILB for us at #29, but I don't believe Beasley will be there for us anyway. He will be a star at the combine, and rush back up any boards where he has fallen. The guy is a stud athlete, and once he gets stronger, he is going to be good, just don't know his ceiling.

One other thing, when you see the rating of Shaq Thompson, Mayock rates him as a safety, and has him right behind Collins. I believe he will be better than Collins, in fact I think Collins will fall. Was not good in coverage. Thompson on the other hand is a stud, played safety, OLB, and RB. He will be long gone by our pick, which is sad. He would have looked great with a horseshoe on his helmet.

Why is Fowler not rated, makes no sense.