Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Don't pop the champagne yet

12isthenew18

Not only don't I understand the RJF hate, I also don't understand why this needed to be its own thread.

I agree & thought he played much better this year. Maybe the OP believes he hasn't played up to his contract as reason for his release? That I could agree with but I still would like to see RJF stick around for next year. Hopefully he keeps improving.

The guy wants 85 new players this offseason.

now you're not trying to tell me that 85 new players seems unreasonable are you?  Next thing you know you're going to put the kaibash on the whole new coaching staff he probably wants as well.

:nutz:

And one's man's "fair and impartial assessment" is another man's "I wonder if people actually watch the games."

RJF:

• Graded out as the Colts best dlineman in 2014.
  • Has shown he is versatile enough to play the DT and DE positions equally well
  • Is just entering the prime of his NFL career
  • Is still under contract
  • Has been the primary back-up to a player that may retire

But yeah, let's cut him because THAT is the way to build a team.

He does have a pretty high cap number. I don't think he should be cut, if he's willing to restructure that may be best for both but that's a big IF

I want everyone gone...except andrew luck, ty and the tight ends...oh yea and davis!

Can't we at least keep Castonzo?  SMDH.

Boomstick, Mathis, Moncrief, Newsome (showed promise on a defense that lacked a real pass rush outside of him), Ballard (if healthy, he showed promise), Freeman, Id take Vini for another year as well...   

How could you forget all those people?

He does have a pretty high cap number. I don't think he should be cut, if he's willing to restructure that may be best for both but that's a big IF

I never mind if a player restructures but RJF takes up 4.28% of the cap  His cap hit is not going to stop the Colts from signing anyone they want.  And I think his production warrants 4.28% of the cap.

Dlineman are very important and he played 60.7% (2nd only to Redding among the dline) of the snaps and played effectively during that time.

I never mind if a player restructures but RJF takes up 4.28% of the cap  His cap hit is not going to stop the Colts from signing anyone they want.  And I think his production warrants 4.28% of the cap.

Dlineman are very important and he played 60.7% (2nd only to Redding among the dline) of the snaps and played effectively during that time.

Ya, I'm not saying he should restructure and I don't think that he should be cut. He may be somewhat overpaid for the production but I think he's a decent player that is underappreciated for his versatility.