Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Called For Or Not

LUVTHESHOE

Does any think that BP owes Pat an apology for his comments on his show. I heard Pat on the radio Tues. and felt he was as candid as he could be. He said he kinda was ok with what BP had to say, but also said openly he did not like the manner in which it was done. He felt that BP should have brought this up to him in person and felt a little blindsided. With all the problems this team has and Pat having the best hangtime and 8th in the league in kicks out of bounds, and I believe top ten in touchbacks. I thought BP comments were all litte odd.

Does any think that BP owes Pat an apology for his comments on his show. I heard Pat on the radio Tues. and felt he was as candid as he could be. He said he kinda was ok with what BP had to say, but also said openly he did not like the manner in which it was done. He felt that BP should have brought this up to him in person and felt a little blindsided. With all the problems this team has and Pat having the best hangtime and 8th in the league in kicks out of bounds, and I believe top ten in touchbacks. I thought BP comments were all litte odd.

I hope Pat is not holding his breath waiting for that apology.

Not wrong. But when your 0-13 and you call out seemingly the only guy who has legitimately done his job, it rubs people wrong.

Bill rubs people wrong daily, sometimes multiple times a day. That is who Bill Polian is. I think we just need to look at Bill as just not your normal GM/Vice Chairman and basically understand that he is a pain in the butt but someone who knows his job.

Two things:

I didn't hear the show but what I've read about it and heard about it seems like what he said about Pat has been taken out of context by a lot of people. I've heard several people say it came during a very long list of things the team needs to do to get better and it wasn't like he singled out Pat only bashed on only Pat like he's the only thing wrong with the team. The other thing is all he really said is that Pat needs to work on kicking the ball out of bounds. Something Pat himself said on the radio earlier this year. He didn't say Pat was doing a bad job. He didn't say they weren't happy with Pat and he didn't say that Pat is the reason the special teams is bad. He labeled something that the guy can improve on. All players have something they can improve on and the great ones do.

Secondly, Clearly for whatever the reason it has blown up into something huge. If it were me I would go to Pat and explain what I was trying to say to make sure he understands you aren't trying to blame him for the bad Special teams, or that you weren't happy with him or that you thought he was doing bad job. I don't think that is a public converstaion though and I don't think the public needs to know about it. I heard an interview with Pat on Tuesday on 1260 where he said he talked to Polian which tells me that converstation probably already took place. Just because it's not going to be made public doesn't mean it didn't happen.

Bill rubs people wrong daily, sometimes multiple times a day. That is who Bill Polian is. I think we just need to look at Bill as just not your normal GM/Vice Chairman and basically understand that he is a pain in the butt but someone who knows his job.

Your not getting the point. Pat has been doing his job better than anyone else on the team. To say something like that about the guy who is having a great year is kind of odd. Like IndyTrav said, it rubs people the wrong way

Your not getting the point. Pat has been doing his job better than anyone else on the team. To say something like that about the guy who is having a great year is kind of odd. Like IndyTrav said, it rubs people the wrong way

For just about any other GM I would agree, but Bill isn't any ole normal GM/Vice Chairmen. His weekly shows are always filled with "What did he just say" type of comments, the one directed to Pat this week is nothing new or shocking. It's Bill being Bill which usually rubs most people the wrong way.