Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Ngata could be released, reports Baltimore Sun

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The problem for the Ravens is they are not going to give a 31 year old 18 million. They have Timmy Jernigan ready to go. That being said, Ngata is very valued in Baltimore, and if he wants to remain a Raven, he will have to spread out money like Suggs did. If not, maybe he would go with Coach Chuck. Wouldn't want to see him go, but you can't pay out that kind of money to linemen over 30.

The report is that he needs to take a pay cut to stay in Balt. His base is 8 million which is very reasonable for his age and skill set. To say he needs to take a pay cut ands the ball is in his court is pretty much slapping him in the face and putting a foot to his rump. What do you mean by the 18 million you mention ? 

It's going to be interesting to see what happens.  You've got Jernigan, Free Agency, and then you've got the draft as a means to replace the big fella if he doesn't want to cut his pay.  It seems they would do their best to keep him, but all these guys have to go at some point.  It wouldn't surprise me if he ended up leaving when the terms are put to him like that.

Haloti Ngata: $12m/year, $27m guaranteed

Art Jones: $6.6m/year, $16m guaranteed

RJF: $5.5m/year, $8.5m guaranteed

Total: $12.1m/year, $24.5m guaranteed

Grigson has been much more likely to sign a lower rated guy to save money than to break the bank on a premium talent. And that basically works out to 2 for the price of 1.

These three guys don't even play the same position though. Doesn't NGata play NT while RJF plays DE and Jones pretty much rotates from DE to NT?

These three guys don't even play the same position though. Doesn't NGata play NT while RJF plays DE and Jones pretty much rotates from DE to NT?

Ngata is not a NT. He's a DE/DT like Jones and RJF, just better. The Ravens NT is Brandon Williams. Ngata might play nose a few snaps here and there.

The report is that he needs to take a pay cut to stay in Balt. His base is 8 million which is very reasonable for his age and skill set. To say he needs to take a pay cut ands the ball is in his court is pretty much slapping him in the face and putting a foot to his rump. What do you mean by the 18 million you mention ?

I was a little bit high, but the Ravens generally want to pay their best players , so they can retire with the team. Ngata will be given a competitive deal, but there will be more money from outside teams. One thing I've noticed about Ngata is he usually goes with the big money . Let the buyer beware, he is 31, had some injuries , and got clipped on Adderall. Like many others, the Raven's system showcases the strength of defensive players , when they may not do as well elsewhere. That being said, I hope they get a deal with Ngata, but the fallback is Jernigan.

I was a little bit high, but the Ravens generally want to pay their best players , so they can retire with the team. Ngata will be given a competitive deal, but there will be more money from outside teams. One thing I've noticed about Ngata is he usually goes with the big money . Let the buyer beware, he is 31, had some injuries , and got clipped on Adderall. Like many others, the Raven's system showcases the strength of defensive players , when they may not do as well elsewhere. That being said, I hope they get a deal with Ngata, but the fallback is Jernigan.

I'd prefer signing Ngata to breaking the bank for Suh certainly.

Getting a D-line of Ngata, Jones and maybe Terrance Knighton? Lets see the Patriots run against that...

Cheaters would just bring in 9 linemen and have brady had it off to blount, who'd still gash us........then, when the refs aren't looking, they rub blount down with veggie oil or KY jelly and hand it off to him.

Sarcasm alert^