Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

My Take on what will happen defensively in FA for the Colts....

First off I don't believe the Colts will go after Suh. Doesn't make sense from a schematic sense. The Colts need a true NT at this point.

I'm going to assume Houston won't be available, so my guess would be:

Colts will attempt to sign McPhee. My thinking is Colts will have Mathis but Mathis is likely gone next year. Newsome and McPhee for the future with werner and walden as edge setters.

Colts will attemt to sign Brandon Marshall and resign Freeman. Depending on Deqwells situation, adding Marshall would immediately help the interior backers regardless of deqwells status or not.

Colts will bring in Ngata. Ngata will be a stop gap on backend of his career, but will immensly improve our NT position in interm. Can be gotten inexpensively as well.

Colts will draft Holliman if there at 29 first overall. The FS we desperately need

Colts will take the ss from virginia in the second round Anthony Harris

our backend is now solidified

These moves right here will give our defense the over-haul it needs and vastly improve it without breaking the bank

Holliman is the worst possible option at 29. I'd even take Gordon over him if it came down to it.

first off this post is about defense, so melvin Gordon isnt an iption. realistically he is but not to this posting. Also Holliman is one of if not the highest ranked free safety in this years class.

Why opposed to Holliman? Colts desperately need a bal lhawking free safety. Tackling would need to improve, but that can be coached up

first off this post is about defense, so melvin Gordon isnt an iption. realistically he is but not to this posting. Also Holliman is one of if not the highest ranked free safety in this years class.

Why opposed to Holliman? Colts desperately need a bal lhawking free safety. Tackling would need to improve, but that can be coached up

Have you watched Holliman play? The guy is an atrocious tackler,who doesn't even try. Pagano likes interchangeable safeties, so Holliman isn't a scheme fit. He's also a one season wonder. If you want a good safety then you should try Jaquiski Tartt, Derron Smith, Cody Prewitt, or Adrian Amos.

Have you watched Holliman play? The guy is an atrocious tackler,who doesn't even try. Pagano likes interchangeable safeties, so Holliman isn't a scheme fit. He's also a one season wonder. If you want a good safety then you should try Jaquiski Tartt, Derron Smith, Cody Prewitt, or Adrian Amos.

Okay, well i won't disagree with your analysis, however I ask you this: if this guy holliman is sooo bad and a one year wonder as you say, then why is every "so called" draft slotting experts have this guy ranked at the top of the free safety boards and a first round grade?

Okay, well i won't disagree with your analysis, however I ask you this: if this guy holliman is sooo bad and a one year wonder as you say, then why is every "so called" draft slotting experts have this guy ranked at the top of the free safety boards and a first round grade?

Uh, nobody is giving him a first round grade.

Uh, nobody is giving him a first round grade.

I am.. Ha!! No seriously for some reason I thought i saw his name all over first round mocks, but alas I was wrong. Well either, I still beive my assessment to what the Colts may be thinking is pretty good regardless of my first pick at 29 botch.. Ha!!

First off I don't believe the Colts will go after Suh. Doesn't make sense from a schematic sense. The Colts need a true NT at this point.

I'm going to assume Houston won't be available, so my guess would be:

Colts will attempt to sign McPhee. My thinking is Colts will have Mathis but Mathis is likely gone next year. Newsome and McPhee for the future with werner and walden as edge setters.

Colts will attemt to sign Brandon Marshall and resign Freeman. Depending on Deqwells situation, adding Marshall would immediately help the interior backers regardless of deqwells status or not.

Colts will bring in Ngata. Ngata will be a stop gap on backend of his career, but will immensly improve our NT position in interm. Can be gotten inexpensively as well.

Colts will draft Holliman if there at 29 first overall. The FS we desperately need

Colts will take the ss from virginia in the second round Anthony Harris

our backend is now solidified

These moves right here will give our defense the over-haul it needs and vastly improve it without breaking the bank

Either you are clueless or being just plain disrespectful.........

Ngata's no stop gap. He's still a legitimate All-Pro. He would be the biggest, most important, most impactful and most expensive move of this entire scenario.

Landing him is an automatic win in the off-season.

7200bedff2f6c59cb6c2c87dfdce81b8.jpg

Either you are clueless or being just plain disrespectful.........

Ngata's no stop gap. He's still a legitimate All-Pro. He would be the biggest, most important, most impactful and most expensive move of this entire scenario.

Landing him is an automatic win in the off-season.

7200bedff2f6c59cb6c2c87dfdce81b8.jpg

I was referring towards his age, not his talent. I think he will be 34 or 35 this year. So in terms of age he would be a stop gap towards younger player development

LOL Ngata just turned 31 less than half a month ago, hardly old age for a NT/DE for a 3-4 defense. 

He's one of those players that seems like he's been in the league forever. e.g. Gronkowski seems like a household name for 10+ years now, but he's only 25.

recently I've been seeing some mocks that have landon collins slipping to our pick (not sure why he was a consensus top ten pick) but if that happened collins would be a heck of a pick

Because he is considered more of a box safety

I was referring towards his age, not his talent. I think he will be 34 or 35 this year. So in terms of age he would be a stop gap towards younger player development

You think Ngata is 34 have us taking Hollliman in the first kind of hard to take this seriously

I would like to have Prewitt in the second for my safety, and Tartt is moving up quick. I have seen him as high as third round, and will probably move up to second after combine. As far as top rated safety, it is not Holliman, it is Landon Collins. I don't know much about Holliman so I won't comment, but I would not touch Collins with a ten foot pole. I like Prewitt because of his ball skills. Collins looked lost in pass coverage this year, but he can come down in the box and tackle. How good have Alabama safeties been who have gone in the draft. Also, what about Louisville safeties? Jets pick last year. I know you cannot make blanket statements, but some teams schemes make players look better than they are. Alabama's defense is one of those. Don't know about Louisville, but I would rather take Prewitt and hope he is there in the second.

I would like to have Prewitt in the second for my safety, and Tartt is moving up quick. I have seen him as high as third round, and will probably move up to second after combine. As far as top rated safety, it is not Holliman, it is Landon Collins. I don't know much about Holliman so I won't comment, but I would not touch Collins with a ten foot pole. I like Prewitt because of his ball skills. Collins looked lost in pass coverage this year, but he can come down in the box and tackle. How good have Alabama safeties been who have gone in the draft. Also, what about Louisville safeties? Jets pick last year. I know you cannot make blanket statements, but some teams schemes make players look better than they are. Alabama's defense is one of those. Don't know about Louisville, but I would rather take Prewitt and hope he is there in the second.

That's why he gets labeled as a box safety. He can tackle and come down and make hits but he can't cover. That's how a lot of box safeties are. And before Collins there have been Barron in 2012 and Clinton Dix last year. Barron was a bust who got traded to the Rams for a 6th round pick. Dix has been good for the Packers, but he's a FS.

Agree with you about Alabama players are. They have a lot of scheme players. Not sure if Collins is one of them because I haven't seen enough tape to make a fair judgment.