Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

If the latest reports are true

Bad Morty

• Replies 242
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Show me the actual videos.

I posted a different one in another post. They are all the same. Nothing that would confirm what Virdunderdant is saying here...

• 1883 posts

Posted Today, 06:21 AM

bababooey, on 06 Feb 2015 - 06:20 AM, said:snapback.png

You and I both know that all the tapes were so grevious, he could not implicate winners of 3 of the most recent superbowls just as he was taking his job as commissioner. Look at how bad he fumbled the Rice situation, you know he saw the tape, just like he did with spygate, and barely did anything about it to try to make the situation go away.

Did you see the tapes? I did; they were boring shots going from the clock to the DC, then back again.

Once more, the videotaping was of something that EVERYONE could see. 

http://www.si.com/nfl/2014/09/17/roger-goodell-spygate-ray-rice-arlen-specter

http://www.secsportsfan.com/belichick-spygate-scandal.html

Posted · Hidden by Nadine, February 6, 2015 - quoting removed post
Hidden by Nadine, February 6, 2015 - quoting removed post

What's happening?!!

I, a Colts fan, start a thread about the PatriotS cheating on a Colts forum. Multiple Colts and Patriot fans beg for it to be locked.

It gets locked!!

A Patriot fan starts a thread about the Colts setting the Patriots up with deflated footballs. The thread thrives like we're in Boston.

This forum is a joke if we're gonna play favorites and let Patriot fan's takeover the board and troll.

Bad Morty is dominating this forum like he owns it, and the Colts forum moderators let him do it.

Sad.

Yes I agree it would be nice if the Colts Fans could have control of their own forum board again.  :thmup:

I assume you did not mean to quote me. If you did, I am not sure why you did.

No you are not the one that just lies and hopes people won't check them out. I actually have pinned them down so badly on them saying that "ALL THE BALLS WERE A TICK UNDER" and thus saying the Colts could have "doctored the one badly defaulted ball " when the report from Rapoport never said that. They have the ignorance to keep posting it anyway. Then they come up with the Kravitz report and leave out that Kravitz said 'If they were found guilty.. then.....When you call them out , they go into hiding for a day and then come back with the same lies. 

No you are not the one that just lies and hopes people won't check them out. I actually have pinned them down so badly on them saying that "ALL THE BALLS WERE A TICK UNDER" and thus saying the Colts could have "doctored the one badly defaulted ball " when the report from Rapoport never said that. They have the ignorance to keep posting it anyway. Then they come up with the Kravitz report and leave out that Kravitz said 'If they were found guilty.. then.....When you call them out , they go into hiding for a day and then come back with the same lies. 

"A source told me that dw49 is guilty of murder! If guilty then here is a 3 paragraph essay on all the punishments that this murderer should be subjected to..."

Yellow journalism is what that's called....using 2 words (if, and, guilty) as a disclaimer to slander people. Oldest trick in the book.

"A source told me that dw49 is guilty of murder! If guilty then here is a 3 paragraph essay on all the punishments that this murderer should be subjected to..."

Yellow journalism is what that's called....using 2 words (if, and, guilty) as a disclaimer to slander people. Oldest trick in the book.

Ridiculous.. Kravitz didn't start the investigation. If he did , then what you have would have merritt

Lol, a poster asks you to back up what you wrote with evidence and somehow that is a poor argument. Talk about poor arguments.

Poor logic. If a video is not posted online, that does not mean it wasn't shown.

Anyone who paid attention to the issue when it came out saw the videos.

More misinformation .

Do you even know what the tapings were of?

They were of signals that EVERYONE in the stadium could see!

He could have had someone take notes on them by hand, but chose to record them because it was easier!

I am honestly confused as to how many people do not understand the issue.

The Pats were fined and had a draft pick taken away because they got caught doing something illegal.  It's not really as simple as you try to portray it to be.  What's confusing about all of this?  BB paid a hefty $500,000 fine for being a cheater, that's just a fact.

Poor logic. If a video is not posted online, that does not mean it wasn't shown.

Anyone who paid attention to the issue when it came out saw the videos.

The only poor logic is coming from you. You were asked to back up what you wrote with evidence and you have so far refused to do so. You also stated that you saw the videos referring to those that were part of the Spygate investigation and only cite those that were on "TV" as if those were the only tapes that were part of the Spygate investigation. Not just poor logic on your part, but very poor logic.

All anyone needs to know is that Jerry Rice, while doing an interview and criticizing the Pats for supposedly deflating balls also admitted that he used stickum long after the league had banned its use. So all of those 49ers titles are now "tainted" too...lol...it's so funny reading all this...

All anyone needs to know is that Jerry Rice, while doing an interview and criticizing the Pats for supposedly deflating balls also admitted that he used stickum long after the league had banned its use. So all of those 49ers titles are now "tainted" too...lol...it's so funny reading all this...

He mentioned it in the past.

http://articles.latimes.com/1993-11-29/sports/sp-62205_1_jerry-rice

All he was doing is being hypocritical.

I'll say this to you because you are reasonable. There are a lot of people that really do believe that the deferred payments were made because of a cash flow problem. I posted some links to that premise above. In any event , there is no way the Broncos would have been without Elway or Davis. I'm sure they could have made a couple of WAY , WAY less significant cuts if they needed to do so. I really don't remember that team as a star studded team that should have a major problems getting within the cap. 

Probably all true. 

But you're doing exactly what everyone has been RAKING US (Pats fans) ACROSS THE COALS for doing for more than two weeks now. You're rationalizing and justifying something that, when turned into a black-and-white issue, was a clear violation of the rules.

If the Internet and message boards had truly come to prominence back then, the Broncos would have been vilified around the league. Unfortunately for us the Patriots have the distinction of being the most controversial team in the social media era here. 

Probably all true.

But you're doing exactly what everyone has been RAKING US (Pats fans) ACROSS THE COALS for doing for more than two weeks now. You're rationalizing and justifying something that, when turned into a black-and-white issue, was a clear violation of the rules.

If the Internet and message boards had truly come to prominence back then, the Broncos would have been vilified around the league. Unfortunately for us the Patriots have the distinction of being the most controversial team in the social media era here.

Agreed.

Blame social media and life.

Craziness... against my better judgement here: 

When the Spygate press conference was held, Goodell played the tapes for reporters ahead of time. They were also run on a loop during the PC.

(Rich Eisen had the famous line that went something like, "This is the first time any sports journalist has watched a video at a hotel without paying $9.99 for it.")

Here is an image from that PC:

http://www1.pictures.gi.zimbio.com/NFL+Commissioner+Roger+Goodell+Press+Conference+JERwZgdlkxUm.jpg

The tapes literally just showed coordinators signaling in plays. The cameraman would pan to the scoreboard for the time, down, and distance in between plays. 

The Patriots readily admitted what they were doing. Belichick acknowledged it again two weeks ago when he said, "The guy is giving signals in front of 80,000 people." 

I've always said that misconceptions about Spygate are borne of people wanting certain things to be true when they were not. But if what's happened since 2007 doesn't convince people that it had little impact, nothing ever will, because to hang your hat on it you have to ignore a mountain of evidence to the contrary. 

Probably all true. 

I never did anything of the kind. All I said was that they may have not done this with the intent od circumventing the cap. It's all in balck and white and it was common knowledge that Elway received deferred compensation. They were punished by the NFL with fines and draft picks . I never say they shouldn't have. I also said that Pats fans were jumping the gun and making ridiculous comments that they would have played without Elway oe Davis if not for the violations. Once again really stupid stuff by posters that just spout stuff out of their rumps. Heck.. I never compared Sypgate to Denvers cap issue. You people just have a problem with anyone that just doesn't accept all the poop you throw at this board.

Now as far as me "raking you over the coals for the past 2 weeks." That's also false. What I've been doing is attacking Morty and Virdumdant for posting things that are not true. Such as Rapoport saying 11 balls were just a tick under. They do that to come up with a stronger conspiracy theory vs the Colts. I have not said one word as to the guilt or innocence of this matter since the new reports have been released. I may have said I don't like BB . Brady or Kraft and I thought they were lying , but I'm waiting for all the evidence to come out before I make a decision on their guilt or innocence . So I guess I have a problem with both points in your post.

Probably all true. 

Yes and the Pats also handled it better than anyone. Kraft's presser before the Super Bowl was in a word - fantastic. He was able to summarily knock down deflategate, install confidence in his team by backing Bill and Tom so strongly and setting the direction for the entire week toward the Super Bowl. Maybe his best press conference ever and what makes him such a great owner.

Now compare to Elway and the way he handled things with Fox and company prior to their playoff game and subsequent loss and staff firing and you see the difference in spades.

I feel confident in saying that this Super Bowl was won as much from the podium as the field.

I never did anything of the kind. All I said was that they may have not done this with the intent od circumventing the cap. It's all in balck and white and it was common knowledge that Elway received deferred compensation. They were punished by the NFL with fines and draft picks . I never say they shouldn't have. I also said that Pats fans were jumping the gun and making ridiculous comments that they would have played without Elway oe Davis if not for the violations. Once again really stupid stuff by posters that just spout stuff out of their rumps. Heck.. I never compared Sypgate to Denvers cap issue. You people just have a problem with anyone that just doesn't accept all the poop you throw at this board.

Now as far as me "raking you over the coals for the past 2 weeks." That's also false. What I've been doing is attacking Morty and Virdumdant for posting things that are not true. Such as Rapoport saying 11 balls were just a tick under. They do that to come up with a stronger conspiracy theory vs the Colts. I have not said one word as to the guilt or innocence of this matter since the new reports have been released. I may have said I don't like BB . Brady or Kraft and I thought they were lying , but I'm waiting for all the evidence to come out before I make a decision on their guilt or innocence . So I guess I have a problem with both points in your post.

Didn't say you personally.

I just thought it was interesting that you would present any sort of defense for Denver when most people (not you) have stopped listening to facts in the Ballghazi case. 

When the Spygate press conference was held, Goodell played the tapes for reporters ahead of time. They were also run on a loop during the PC.

(Rich Eisen had the famous line that went something like, "This is the first time any sports journalist has watched a video at a hotel without paying $9.99 for it.")

http://www1.pictures.gi.zimbio.com/NFL+Commissioner+Roger+Goodell+Press+Conference+JERwZgdlkxUm.jpg

The tapes literally just showed coordinators signaling in plays. The cameraman would pan to the scoreboard for the time, down, and distance in between plays.

The Patriots readily admitted what they were doing. Belichick acknowledged it again two weeks ago when he said, "The guy is giving signals in front of 80,000 people."

I've always said that misconceptions about Spygate are borne of people wanting certain things to be true when they were not. But if what's happened since 2007 doesn't convince people that it had little impact, nothing ever will, because to hang your hat on it you have to ignore a mountain of evidence to the contrary.

Exactly. It's become an trial of absurdity to try to convince those who refuse to look at the actual evidence.

How does that feel? It feels fantastic! It's pretty much THE reason I frequent the boards of other teams fan-bases. I always find a bunch of fun and well versed people who are great to discuss real football with, and then for side-entertainment there are always that handful of cry-babies who post stuff like this ^ thinking that Pats fans will feel "zing-ed" by it. We don't...we find it hilarious and funny...it's THE sign that the team we root for has gone beyond simply winning games on the field and have moved into a stratosphere where their success has begun to negatively impact the lives of some individuals. We all rubber-neck at accident scenes...yeah, we feel bad for the victims, but you can't help but look. That's kind of how it feels for me reading obsessive rants about "spygate" and "cheating".  

Seriously?  You go on other boards so you can see how your team success negatively impacts the lives of other people?  Are you really that unhappy?  

Yes and the Pats also handled it better than anyone. Kraft's presser before the Super Bowl was in a word - fantastic. He was able to summarily knock down deflategate, install confidence in his team by backing Bill and Tom so strongly and setting the direction for the entire week toward the Super Bowl. Maybe his best press conference ever and what makes him such a great owner.

Now compare to Elway and the way he handled things with Fox and company prior to their playoff game and subsequent loss and staff firing and you see the difference in spades.

I feel confident in saying that this Super Bowl was won as much from the podium as the field.

You must be so proud.  Your team is filled with inspirational cheaters.  And, cheating that wasn't necessary.  It's too bad.

Didn't say you personally.

I just thought it was interesting that you would present any sort of defense for Denver when most people (not you) have stopped listening to facts in the Ballghazi case. 

When you stated ....

"But you're doing exactly what everyone has been RAKING US (Pats fans) ACROSS THE COALS for doing for more than two weeks now. You're rationalizing and justifying something that, when turned into a black-and-white issue, was a clear violation of the rules."

Sure sounds like me personally . English is my first language and I would think 16 years of education would afford me the intelligence to rest that first sentence. 

As far as defending denver , to be honest I was more curious than anything else as I never knew they were fined twice and found it interesting this all happened like 6-7 years after the violations took place. At the time this was not a "cut and dry case" , it went on for years. I also knew that there was no way they were in such cap hell that they would have been forced to play without Elway or Davis. I hope that answers why I researched it. It really started with a ridiculous comment saying Denver would have been forced to not sign one of those two guys.

I think the question is how many were shown and how many were destroyed. To be honest I never paid much attention to the whole deal... then or now. But you might want to look at the 3 links I posted and it appears that at the time many were upset that all those tapes were destroyed with people having access to see them. There is no way , from the little I read < that Goodall could have played what was a library full of tapes in that little time. So did he show what he wanted to show them ? 

When you stated ....

"But you're doing exactly what everyone has been RAKING US (Pats fans) ACROSS THE COALS for doing for more than two weeks now. You're rationalizing and justifying something that, when turned into a black-and-white issue, was a clear violation of the rules."

Sure sounds like me personally . English is my first language and I would think 16 years of education would afford me the intelligence to rest that first sentence. 

As far as defending denver , to be honest I was more curious than anything else as I never knew they were fined twice and found it interesting this all happened like 6-7 years after the violations took place. At the time this was not a "cut and dry case" , it went on for years. I also knew that there was no way they were in such cap hell that they would have been forced to play without Elway or Davis. I hope that answers why I researched it. It really started with a ridiculous comment saying Denver would have been forced to not sign one of those two guys.

When I said I "didn't mean you" I was acknowledging that you've been more open-minded than most, and are willing to postpone judgment in light of the facts of deflate-gate coming out. 

However, your comments about the Denver situation, if made by a Patriots fan about Belichick and Brady, would immediately be ridiculed as "deflection." Or Pats fans being defensive. It's strikingly similar. I'm not imaging it. 

I think the question is how many were shown and how many were destroyed. To be honest I never paid much attention to the whole deal... then or now. But you might want to look at the 3 links I posted and it appears that at the time many were upset that all those tapes were destroyed with people having access to see them. There is no way , from the little I read < that Goodall could have played what was a library full of tapes in that little time. So did he show what he wanted to show them ? 

There were 6 tapes. One was shown at first then all six in a very short time (like hours at Fox by Glazier) before being pulled. I watched two of them then got bored- same ol' pan to DC pan to scoreboard as others haven mentioned.  Supposedly Glazier kept his 6 copies.

In the end- what else could they show?

When I said I "didn't mean you" I was acknowledging that you've been more open-minded than most, and are willing to postpone judgment in light of the facts of deflate-gate coming out. 

However, your comments about the Denver situation, if made by a Patriots fan about Belichick and Brady, would immediately be ridiculed as "deflection." Or Pats fans being defensive. It's strikingly similar. I'm not imaging it. 

No I wouldn't go down that road. I was only posting stuff I found and didn't know. Not like some of your buddies , I even posted a likk that said Denevr gained a big advantage and the cash flow thing was nonsense. I gave both sides.. just threw it out there. I wouldn't even bother to try to determine which was more egregious , Spygate or that... cause I really don't care

Hypothetically... what else could have been on the tapes? Honest question. I don't even understand what people are digging for. Would it have helped to see 100 hours of video of the same thing? Supposedly it had been done on and off for years, so it was probably pretty extensive. 

The NFL accused the Patriots of a specific act (filming signals from disallowed locations). The Patriots never denied a thing and turned over the tapes. 

There were 6 tapes. One was shown at first then all six in a very short time (like hours at Fox by Glazier) before being pulled. I watched two of them then got bored- same ol' pan to DC pan to scoreboard as others haven mentioned.  Supposedly Glazier kept his 6 copies.

In the end- what else could they show?

I was under the impression that there would have been a lot more than 6 tapes in the NFL's possession. But if that's the case then  thats' the case. I really have no idea of why people would want to revisit this now.

I was under the impression that there would have been a lot more than 6 tapes in the NFL's possession. But if that's the case then  thats' the case. I really have no idea of why people would want to revisit this now.

They said 6 were turned over by NE and that's all they had. I think the 2nd tape I saw was of the Vikings.

I couldn't sit thru 6 tapes full games for the rest tho of the same thing :)

But not the second of the two, right? 

Just looked it up and here's the deal. He was signed in 2005. So his rookie contract would have run 4 years 2005 2006 2007 and 2008. It appears that Denver extended him after 3 years. His 2.6 cap hit for 1998 looks to be market price for good RB's for that year. Bottom line is the second Denver title came the year they extended him and if they were having trouble paying him and being under the cap , they could have just let him play his rookie contract out ... no ?

The accusations, hatred and constant bickering here has gotten way out of hand.

I predicted this back on January 11.  I knew the week leading up to the Colts/Pats game would be crazy.

I actually even considered having my account deactivated, and requested such.

I was convinced by several friends here to just take some time, and reconsider.

At the time, Never in my wildest dreams did I ever think something like deflategate would happen and the outrage that would come from it, not only here on the forum but across the country would ensue.

It has shattered some long standing friendships here, even with the most  level headed.

I hate it.