Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

If the latest reports are true

Bad Morty

from Ian Rappaort of the NFL Network, then I'd say the story of what happened with the footballs at halftime of the Colts-Pats game changes pretty dramatically. Again, if true, the story would be this:

- The Pats 12 gameballs all were tested pre-game and were legal

- At halftime, 1 of those balls still tested in the legal range, 10 were "just a tick" below minimum, and one ball was an anomaly, testing 2lbs lower than minimum

- That one anomaly ball just happened to be the one that the Colts equipment staff had possession of for the half...the one we were initially told that Jackson had "noticed" was deflated and turned it in. I remember finding it strange that Jackson went out of his way to say that that wasn't true and that the ball didn't feel strange to him at all...he just wanted to keep it as a souvenir.

So...what an interesting development. Wouldn't it be something if the investigation discovered that that one ball WAS tampered with...by the Colts.

• Replies 242
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The Colts pointed this problem out in week 11 and it was substantiated not once but twice in the playoffs.

The point is, as Tom pointed out in 2011, he likes using under-inflated/ deflated balls. Obviously the league was cool with it, but not anymore.

Now because of the Colts and Ravens, teams with Qbs who have small hands or weak grips will become obsolete.

Nice try on the spin-job though.

from Ian Rappaort of the NFL Network, then I'd say the story of what happened with the footballs at halftime of the Colts-Pats game changes pretty dramatically. Again, if true, the story would be this:

- At halftime, 1 of those balls still tested in the legal range, 10 were "just a tick" below minimum, and one ball was an anomaly, testing 2lbs lower than minimum

- That one anomaly ball just happened to be the one that the Colts equipment staff had possession of for the half...the one we were initially told that Jackson had "noticed" was deflated and turned it in. I remember finding it strange that Jackson went out of his way to say that that wasn't true and that the ball didn't feel strange to him at all...he just wanted to keep it as a souvenir.

So...what an interesting development. Wouldn't it be something if the investigation discovered that that one ball WAS tampered with...by the Colts.

Bull they are just trying to sweep it under the rug and try to turn it around on us some how.

I don't believe any reports anymore. The most telling part of this "investigation" was Goodell on Friday saying he was not sure an infraction occurred at all. That pretty much settled it for me ...

Next thing I expect to hear is Xrays proved there was a microfracture of the urethane bladder of the ball 2 psi low.  Thus nothing is amiss, and no sanctions will be handed out to the Patriots.

But to be sure , we are really beefing up the protocol with log books and armed NFL security guards on those game balls next year...

I'm so over and past this. I'm ding credits...not even anticipating the Well's report anymore.  I feel like it is a movie I've never seen, yet still know what's going to happen at each step just before it does.  We'll see if this has a shocker ending, or I yawn at the ending credits.

Like I said the NFL / Pats are going to leak story after story until they find one that will stick .... PATHETIC!

I don't expect much in terms of integrity from the Patriot organization.  They've proven a lack of it for more than the past ten years.  Come on, it's Tom Brady and the Patriots and you want truth?  lol.  

Nothing will ever come from this.  Just put another * next to them in the record books if they win this evening.  

Your pile of horse dung is getting deeper and deeper.

I don't believe any reports anymore. The most telling part of this "investigation" was Goodell on Friday saying he was not sure an infraction occurred at all. That pretty much settled it for me ...

You made up your mind long before Friday. Not one single person of sound mind here believes a thing you type.

Good Ol' Goodell doesn't think there was an infraction....excuse me while I try not to look surprised.

The lady doth protest too much, methinks

I don't expect much in terms of integrity from the Patriot organization. They've proven a lack of it for more than the past ten years. Come on, it's Tom Brady and the Patriots and you want truth? lol.

Nothing will ever come from this. Just put another * next to them in the record books if they win this evening.

Show me one * in any record book.

I still love how you Colt fans refuse to admit that you had a confirmed "cheater" as a DC for years. TAINTED!!!

lmao

The conspiracy theories from pats fans keep getting funnier and funnier.

There is just as much circumstantial evidence to support the theory that the Colts were setting them up as there is that the Pats tampered with any balls.

Colts fans ran with the very first report as if it was gospel.

Here's a timeline that definitely creates some questions based on circumstantial evidence:

- Colts supposidly thought Patriots were underinflating balls earlier in the year

- affcg the Pats submit 12 balls that were in compliance to start the game, ad confirmed by the refs

- before the half, freeman intercepts a ball and gives it to the equipment manager to keep

- Grigson makes a call to the league office saying the Pats are using non compliant footballs, claiming freeman brought it to their attention after his interception (which freeman publicly denied and said he didnt notice anything suspicious about the ball)

- Refs check the balls at half time, and if the latest reports are true, out of the 12 balls: 1 was in compliance, 1 was significantly deflated and the majority of the others were just under compliance. The 1 ball that was significantly under inflated just so happens to be the ball that was in the Colts possession going into the half from Freemans interception, the alleged smoking gun for all of this

- Kravitz, an indy reporter, runs with this story literally right after the game and it blows up into an epic media explosion and witch hunt

- nfl hires an independent investigation team to review the facts and determine if the accusations are true or not with the Pats tampering with footballs and is still actively ongoing

- Grigson later admits in an interview that they came into the game with the intention of "catching" the Patriots

- media starts to back off and lift their foot off the throat of the Pats organization as more and more reports are leaked from various anonymous "sources"

Like I said it is VERY, VERY suspicious if the only ball that was significantly below regulation was the one that the Colts had possession of and used as their smoking gun. Insanely suspicious actually.

If it's true that most of the balls were just a few ticks below regulation except that 1 ball, this investigation should do a 180 and point the magnifying glass right at the Colts front office.

I really hope it's not the case, because that would be a shocking low blow from the Colts organization to do such a thing, and if true I would imagine would have very serious consequences.

Maybe if they spent more time preparing to actually play the game rather than trying to set the Pats up they wouldnt have been blown out on national television.

If true, there would be some serious bad blood between the 2 franchises going forward similar to the Pats/jets.. you just don't do stuff like that if you have any honor whatsoever, only snakes and rats do that type of stuff.

Boomer Esiaison was on Boston radio this morning. He said you can take it to the bank that the sequence of events that led to this cluster-f went like this:

1) Harbaugh rants and complains about the 4 linemen formations being "illegal" even though they were 100% legal and he was caught with his pants down

2) Brady responded to the whining with his comment about how Harbaugh needs to check the rulebook

3) This comment sends Harbaugh over the edge and he and his buddy Pagano then scheme to get even with Brady by pulling this stunt

Whatever you think of Boomer, the guy knows the inner workings of the NFL and the above scenario sounds 100% plausible to me. That's not an excuse for the Pats, btw. If they in fact tampered with the game balls then it doesn't matter if they were "set up" or if they were simply caught in the moment...they should be penalized for it.

However, if the accusation turns out to be false, or exaggerated, OR (and yes, this really is a possibility) the Colts tampered with the one ball in order to avenge Harbaugh, then that is a real poor reflection on the Ravens and Colts.

Boomer Esiaison was on Boston radio this morning. He said you can take it to the bank that the sequence of events that led to this cluster-f went like this:

1) Harbaugh rants and complains about the 4 linemen formations being "illegal" even though they were 100% legal and he was caught with his pants down

2) Brady responded to the whining with his comment about how Harbaugh needs to check the rulebook

3) This comment sends Harbaugh over the edge and he and his buddy Pagano then scheme to get even with Brady by pulling this stunt

Whatever you think of Boomer, the guy knows the inner workings of the NFL and the above scenario sounds 100% plausible to me. That's not an excuse for the Pats, btw. If they in fact tampered with the game balls then it doesn't matter if they were "set up" or if they were simply caught in the moment...they should be penalized for it.

However, if the accusation turns out to be false, or exaggerated, OR (and yes, this really is a possibility) the Colts tampered with the one ball in order to avenge Harbaugh, then that is a real poor reflection on the Ravens and Colts.

I heard that when it aired...

It's out there, but I guess anything is possible. 

SMH at people who 100% bought into the original "according to a source" details in the ESPN story and are now either refusing to acknowledge or trying to downplay the way the story and some details have changed. 

I guess some people want a reason to crap on NE more than they want to know what actually happened. As for me, I'd just like to know the truth. 

I am pretty sure no one here would believe the truth if it was anything but "they cheated".

Not true.  If the NFL report comes out and says that they did nothing wrong, then I have no interest in it any further.  At this point we have conflicting reports from Mortensen, Florio and Rapoport.  I just want to know what the truth is.  

Not true.  If the NFL report comes out and says that they did nothing wrong, then I have no interest in it any further.  At this point we have conflicting reports from Mortensen, Florio and Rapoport.  I just want to know what the truth is.  

The pats won so don't expect to hear anything you want.

The Colts pointed this problem out in week 11 and it was substantiated not once but twice in the playoffs.

Where do you get this stuff from? Substantiated twice in the playoffs? No one besides the Colts accused them of this, so you're literally just making stuff up. Harbaugh said publicly that there were no issues with the balls in their game.

Nice try on the spin-job though.

Thats ironic.

Show me one * in any record book.

I still love how you Colt fans refuse to admit that you had a confirmed "cheater" as a DC for years. TAINTED!!!

Well your Patriots are confirmed cheaters and have the fines and loss of a draft pick to prove it. That is fact, not speculation.

You made up your mind long before Friday. 

In fairness, Corgi, I would put it somewhere around 95% of the Indy fans on this board had their minds made up on the Monday morning after the Pats-Colts game. 

The "leaks" have slanted in the Patriots' favor since then, but let's see what the end result is. 

I'm absolutely tired of you and other Pats fans trying to blame the Colts for the Patriots trying to cheat.

Idk what crazy world you live in, but in the real world the Colts weren't the ones with the deflated footballs.

Why are you guys even here? Shouldn't you be celebrating in your own forum?

I'm absolutely tired of you and other Pats fans trying to blame the Colts for the Patriots trying to cheat.

Idk what crazy world you live in, but in the real world the Colts weren't the ones with the deflated footballs.

Why are you guys even here? Shouldn't you be celebrating in your own forum?

I thought you put me on ignore?

You guys are hilarious with your spins. Ever consider going ito politics?