Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Maybe Peyton isnt coming back

oldunclemark

Brett Favre had his best year as a Viking. Let's not forget his career was ended because his head was piledriven into a frozen field. Not many people would come back from that.

Maybe, but most don't remember it that way.  They remember a man in his forties trying to relive his glory days similar to when he was on the Packers.

This is just going to turn into another Brett Favre spectacle and be super annoying.  Make a decision and stick to it, don't hold a press conference saying you're not sure and will need more time to think about it.  Hold a press conference AFTER you've had time to think about it and have made a decision.

He does have a lot of pizza's he needs to sell though, so im sure he loves the publicity this will create.

This is just going to turn into another Brett Favre spectacle and be super annoying.  Make a decision and stick to it, don't hold a press conference saying you're not sure and will need more time to think about it.  Hold a press conference AFTER you've had time to think about it and have made a decision.

He does have a lot of pizza's he needs to sell though, so im sure he loves the publicity this will create.

we all fall into the trap of comparing the future to the past..

Could be a Bret Farve ending or an John Elway ending....there's no way to know.

Obviously, Peyton didn't call a press conference to discuss his future..he got an award and he was asked.

Great players should play as long as they can. I know its annoying it is to someone who's from New England.

No, it is not going to turn into another Brett Favre spectacle.   Peyton has never announced retirement, although he's been asked that question for four years now.

FYI  He didn't hold a Press Conference.  He was asked some questions after receiving the Bart Starr Award yesterday, and he answered said questions.   

This is just going to turn into another Brett Favre spectacle and be super annoying. Make a decision and stick to it, don't hold a press conference saying you're not sure and will need more time to think about it. Hold a press conference AFTER you've had time to think about it and have made a decision.

he didn't hold a press conference. Are you ever right about anything?

I still disagree on the Favre exit being the worst choice. Obviously I don't want to see Peyton killed or put into a wheelchair but he wouldn't have to go that far to join Favre, Young, Aikman and the rest of those guys. Even Favre went ahead and "quit" after the Bears game before he got himself killed (he was cleared to play by week 17). If it gets that bad for Peyton than I wouldn't blame him and neither would anybody else. When you go down like that you're respected for it and forgiven for whatever went wrong before alot quicker.

Different case.  Elway didn't leave and return to a different team.  He won two in a row and retired.

Manning isnt leaving Denver...he already lives there and his teammates aren't changing..his coaches are..

Bottom line..until he was hurt..he was the No.1 QB in the AFC......

He speaks of wondering if he can really help.....he's having doubts ..but Elway will tell him he felt the same way...

Peyton Manning was the MVP and in the Super Bowl 2 years ago...he can do it again, in my opinion

I am pretty sure he is waiting to see who wins the SB.

If Brady gets ring #4, he might not come back. He has nothing to play for anyway. He blew his chance of getting the elusive second ring last year. He has all the stats, except for Favre's yardage record.

If the Pats lose tomorrow I expect him to return. 

I am pretty sure he is waiting to see who wins the SB.

If Brady gets ring #4, he might not come back. He has nothing to play for anyway. He blew his chance of getting the elusive second ring last year. He has all the stats, except for Favre's yardage record.

If the Pats lose tomorrow I expect him to return.

I don't think that has anything to do with his decision.

This is just going to turn into another Brett Favre spectacle and be super annoying. Make a decision and stick to it, don't hold a press conference saying you're not sure and will need more time to think about it. Hold a press conference AFTER you've had time to think about it and have made a decision.

Let me get this. You go the extra yards to convince everyone that Brady is innocent when logic says against it.

Peyton was asked by Elway to take time off and he clearly said he is following his orders. And you sit here and start running your mouth off, accuse him with garbage logic.

You and your team has a lot of s**t going on right now. Pipe down your whining on others.