Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

AFC Championship Mock Draft

Round 1 Pick 31 (DEN): Ronnie Stanley, OT, Notre Dame (A-)
Round 2 Pick 27: Josue Matias, OG, Florida State (A)
Round 2 Pick 30 (DEN): Reese Dismukes, C, Auburn (A)
Round 3 Pick 27: Christian Covington, DT, Rice (A)
Round 5 Pick 2 (TENN): Eric Rowe, CB, Utah (B)
Round 5 Pick 27: Devin Smith, WR, Ohio State (A)
Round 6 Pick 27: David Johnson, RB, Northern Iowa (A)
Round 6 Pick 29 (TENN): James Sample, SS, Louisville (B)
Round 7 Pick 9 (NYG): Deion Barnes, DE, Penn State (A-)
Round 7 Pick 26 (DAL): Titus Davis, WR, Central Michigan (A)

This is a draft I decided to do that focused on the trenches a little bit. Offensive and Defensive Line draft that could really help us. A couple of trade downs and some solid picks. Only problem is that we won't have the 27th pick, but it's not too unrealistic from where we are at or can be.

If we could execute a couple trades and pick up Eric Rowe, Devin Smith, and David Johnson in the middle rounds, I would be very pleased. I really like Rowe, and I think he could be a great safety. I have read he could play corner or safety.

I like Titus Davis, but I am not sure he will be available that late.

It seems like Khaled Holmes is establishing himself at center. If Ronnie Stanley happens to be available in the late first, I would be more than happy to take him. Hopefully he will return to Notre Dame to improve his game and help the Irish rebound.

Round 1 Pick 31 (DEN): Ronnie Stanley, OT, Notre Dame (A-)

Round 2 Pick 27: Josue Matias, OG, Florida State (A)

Round 2 Pick 30 (DEN): Reese Dismukes, C, Auburn (A)

Round 3 Pick 27: Christian Covington, DT, Rice (A)

Round 5 Pick 2 (TENN): Eric Rowe, CB, Utah (B)

Round 5 Pick 27: Devin Smith, WR, Ohio State (A)

Round 6 Pick 27: David Johnson, RB, Northern Iowa (A)

Round 6 Pick 29 (TENN): James Sample, SS, Louisville (B)

Round 7 Pick 9 (NYG): Deion Barnes, DE, Penn State (A-)

Round 7 Pick 26 (DAL): Titus Davis, WR, Central Michigan (A)

This is a draft I decided to do that focused on the trenches a little bit. Offensive and Defensive Line draft that could really help us. A couple of trade downs and some solid picks. Only problem is that we won't have the 27th pick, but it's not too unrealistic from where we are at or can be.

I like the Ronnie Stanley pick, but I don't think we need Matias and Dismukes. Stanley could play RG or RT right away, and I think we could be capable with Cherilus at RT or Lance Louis at RG one more year.

I would like to use that 2nd rounder on either Perryman or Kendricks at ILB. Or if a guy like DE Michael Bennett fell to us in the 2nd take him. And we need help at safety and need more than a 6th rounder to fill that.

As much as I would like it if we could get him, Ronnie Stanley is going back to school for the 2015 season. As far as O-linemen go, I like Jake Fisher from Oregon in round 2. I'm also interested in watching another guy who isn't a particularly highly rated prospect but could be a good player based on some of the stuff I've read on him - that's Jamil Douglas from Arizona St.

As much as I would like it if we could get him, Ronnie Stanley is going back to school for the 2015 season. As far as O-linemen go, I like Jake Fisher from Oregon in round 2. I'm also interested in watching another guy who isn't a particularly highly rated prospect but could be a good player based on some of the stuff I've read on him - that's Jamil Douglas from Arizona St.

Yeah, I typed this last night with the assumption he would declare for the draft. This draft is pointless now without Stanley. Fisher is solid 100%. Jamil Douglas sounds good, but not as a day 2 guy, which I think is where he will go (3rd round). Guess we'll have to see who else declares and goes back to school for the underclassman as anything can happen.

Jamil is a bit raw(has to understand different blitz pickups....But really that is a matter of coaching him to use is off hand to help his teammate while still facing forward with head up watching for the blitz INSTEAD of him turning towards his teammate and subsequently leaving a hole for a blitzer to come right through) but as a late round prospect I love his upside, Hard nosed, tough, athletic O Lineman who I think can play LT, LG. RT, RG but has the potential to be a Pro Bowler at either Guard spot or RT

Definitly worth our late 3rd round pick if he is there

Jamil is a bit raw(has to understand different blitz pickups....But really that is a matter of coaching him to use is off hand to help his teammate while still facing forward with head up watching for the blitz INSTEAD of him turning towards his teammate and subsequently leaving a hole for a blitzer to come right through) but as a late round prospect I love his upside, Hard nosed, tough, athletic O Lineman who I think can play LT, LG. RT, RG but has the potential to be a Pro Bowler at either Guard spot or RT

Definitly worth our late 3rd round pick if he is there

I appreciate the insight. I know he moved from LG to LT and his measurements did sort of suggest to me maybe an athletic guard with fill in at tackle potential - but like I said I haven't seen him play myself. He's supposed to be extremely strong and a very bright guy, but yeah I got the vibe he's isn't quite as "pro ready" as some other guys just yet. 

I appreciate the insight. I know he moved from LG to LT and his measurements did sort of suggest to me maybe an athletic guard with fill in at tackle potential - but like I said I haven't seen him play myself. He's supposed to be extremely strong and a very bright guy, but yeah I got the vibe he's isn't quite as "pro ready" as some other guys just yet. 

The link below is by no means a way of me saying this is how you evaluate an O Lineman just from highlight tape...That's not how I go about it lol but some of these highlights do demonstrate his abilities and shortcomings https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uXPKRz4aZWk

:47 Athleticism and ability to Pull is excellent

2:59 Plays with a wide base (feet shoulder width apart)

3:06 When not covered will sometimes turn his body to help out a teammate leaving his own hole open....Shows a good hand punch as you see though

3:16 Communicates well with his surrounding O Linemen in double team blocks up the second level

3:23 has to learn different types of blitzes

3:30 Shows ability to anchor well

5:03 Here he is at RT

5:10 will sometimes duck his head and leave his feet causing him to whiff

And the rest of the tape

The link below is by no means a way of me saying this is how you evaluate an O Lineman just from highlight tape...That's not how I go about it lol but some of these highlights do demonstrate his abilities and shortcomings https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uXPKRz4aZWk

:47 Athleticism and ability to Pull is excellent

2:59 Plays with a wide base (feet shoulder width apart)

3:06 When not covered will sometimes turn his body to help out a teammate leaving his own hole open....Shows a good hand punch as you see though

3:16 Communicates well with his surrounding O Linemen in double team blocks up the second level

3:23 has to learn different types of blitzes

3:30 Shows ability to anchor well

5:03 Here he is at RT

5:10 will sometimes duck his head and leave his feet causing him to whiff

And the rest of the tape

For whatever it's worth,  Scouts Inc,  that's the McShay crew from ESPN,  they have Douglas with a 7th/FA grade for right now.

That might change,  but I can't imagine it's going to move all that much....

For whatever it's worth,  Scouts Inc,  that's the McShay crew from ESPN,  they have Douglas with a 7th/FA grade for right now.

That might change,  but I can't imagine it's going to move all that much....

He is a combine invite, I expect that combine will raise that, CBS Sports has him in the bottom of the 3rd-4th round...sounds right to me or at least where he will end up given his athleticism and versatility

Here is my draft for our Colts...

Round 1 Pick 28 (DAL): Ronnie Stanley, OT, Notre Dame (B+)
Round 3 Pick 1 (T.B.): Eric Kendricks, ILB, UCLA (A)
Round 3 Pick 27: Ameer Abdullah, RB, Nebraska (A)
Round 3 Pick 28 (DAL): Jay Ajayi, RB, Boise State (A)
Round 4 Pick 10 (T.B.): Ladarius Gunter, CB, Miami (Fla.) (A)
Round 4 Pick 27: Henry Anderson, DE, Stanford (B)
Round 5 Pick 27: Stefon Diggs, WR, Maryland (A)
Round 6 Pick 27: Quandre Diggs, CB, Texas (C+)
Round 6 Pick 31: Ben Beckwith, OG, Mississippi State (B-)
Round 7 Pick 28: Kyshoen Jarrett, SS, Virginia Tech (C+)

In free agency, sign either Safety Marcus GilChrist or DaNorris Searcy. Then sign OLB Brandon Graham and we are set.