Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Reggie Wayne has Torn Tricep

TKnight24

• Replies 273
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

All I am saying is that...

I think Pagano (and the entire coaching staff for that matter) is one of our biggest weaknesses.

You can say that I am "off topic" with this being the Reggie Wayne posting...

But the relevance is that Pagano had to open his mouth, that the reason for Wayne's poor play is injury related.

Reggie didn't use that excuse.

For weeks triceps was never mentioned.

And if it's torn, it is not noticeable.

Granted Wayne does not look the same. He looks slower and less physical . But when you watch him play, he doesn't seem to be favoring his arm

He simply dropped a few passes. So out comes the injury news.

And if he's hurt, why wasn't he on the injury report like all the other players on this team, (some who may only have a hangnail)?

Just seems to me Pagano has been bad this year in many regards. On and off the field.

All I am saying is that... I think Pagano (and the entire coaching staff for that matter) is one of our biggest weaknesses.

Obviously.

That's fine. I just think that's a bogus/nitpicky complaint, in particular. Pagano isn't perfect. There's plenty of things to critique. This is a stretch, IMO.

And of course, I disagree with your overall assessment of Pagano, so that's probably the source of the dissent.

Maybe Luck can just throw it such that it gets stuck in his facemask every time.  He'll lose a couple inches in his vertical since he won't be able to extend, but hey...everyone loves it when a football gets stuck in a guys facemask.

haha great catch by Riddick  (is that the helmets they use) at the 48 yard line

I care about Pagano's rhetoric. Maybe he needs to just call a player out once in a while for poor play.

Instead of always using an old cliché or blaming an injury.

how do you know he doesn't? no reason to do it in the media just because some fans get a weird satisfaction out of such things

Obviously.

That's fine. I just think that's a bogus/nitpicky complaint, in particular. Pagano isn't perfect. There's plenty of things to critique. This is a stretch, IMO.

And of course, I disagree with your overall assessment of Pagano, so that's probably the source of the dissent.

How is it that, if I feel we have a poor head coach, and poor coaching staff,.. a bogus and nitpicking complaint.

how do you know he doesn't? no reason to do it in the media just because some fans get a weird satisfaction out of such things

It's not about personal satisfaction, I could care less about the media press conferences.

I am talking about Pagano doing his job, not playing politics.

It's about doing your best to win the damn game.

How is it that, if I feel we have a poor head coach, and poor coaching staff,.. a bogus and nitpicking complaint.

It's not. I'm saying this thing about saying Reggie is hurt and the complaining about it is nitpicky and bogus. IMO.

Your opinion of Pagano isn't nitpicky and bogus, even though I disagree with you.

Every time we play NE we get out coached

It's not. I'm saying this thing about saying Reggie is hurt and the complaining about it is nitpicky and bogus. IMO.

Your opinion of Pagano isn't nitpicky and bogus, even though I disagree with you.

Does it look to you like his arm is bothering him?

Does it look to you like his arm is bothering him?

Yes. I had a conversation with another poster about it last week. He doesn't look right.

Also, it's not surprising to me that we get outcoached by NE. Belichick is one of the very best coaches around. Pagano has less than 40 games.

Examples of him being out coached? I happen to think the patriots have a far better roster. It isn't close really

It's not even close with the NE game. Granted it was an awful performance by the players, but the coaching, gameplan, adjustments etc etc. Stunk.

Allowing them to run it up the middle all day long?

And why not try to run the football a little against the Browns? Obviously we had trouble with their press coverage.

Why go for 2?

Pagano just stands there clueless. But I will say... At least he... "Keeps Chopping Wood"!

Yes. I had a conversation with another poster about it last week. He doesn't look right.

Also, it's not surprising to me that we get outcoached by NE. Belichick is one of the very best coaches around. Pagano has less than 40 games.

It's not acceptable for an NFL team to be outcoached.

It's not even close with the NE game. Granted it was an awful performance by the players, but the coaching, gameplan, adjustments etc etc. Stunk.

Allowing them to run it up the middle all day long?

And why not try to run the football a little against the Browns? Obviously we had trouble with their press coverage.

Why go for 2?

Pagano just stands there clueless. But I will say... At least he... "Keeps Chopping Wood"!

and winning games

I think I saw an article where he has been struggling with this since the Cincinnati game.  Maybe it's not the same injury, but pretty sure it's nothing new, he hasn't been the same for awhile now.  He is most likely done for the season, but I don't think we IR him, only because they are pushing him to break records.  I believe that is the only reason why he played this week.  I don't think he got his 3 catches against the Browns did he?  All he has to do is line up next week and he gets the record for games played right?  Anybody tracking those records still that can fill me in?

We'll see. Maybe I will have to eat crow. But I have a bad feeling.

And I am afraid it all starts against the Texans this Sunday.

No point you've tried to make is acceptable. Every single coach in the NFL has been outcoached multiple times.

Perhaps, but once it becomes a regular pattern then its unacceptable

I think I saw an article where he has been struggling with this since the Cincinnati game.  Maybe it's not the same injury, but pretty sure it's nothing new, he hasn't been the same for awhile now.  He is most likely done for the season, but I don't think we IR him, only because they are pushing him to break records.  I believe that is the only reason why he played this week.  I don't think he got his 3 catches against the Browns did he?  All he has to do is line up next week and he gets the record for games played right?  Anybody tracking those records still that can fill me in?

Yes line up most games played and most wins . If we win.

You think it is acceptable?

1) In sports, sometimes it happens.  The other guy is on scholarship too.

2) More pertinent to the thread, I don't think you have any idea if Pagano has been out coached or not.  Fans lament coaching, adjustments etc and it is really just the nonsense that the clueless spew.

If your team gets outcoached. They need to find a new coach.

If it happens consistently then yes.  But we are talking about one who has either directly or indirectly helped lead his team to 11, 11, & now 9 wins so far along with 2 playoffs births, a division title and a playoff win so it does not appear it happens too frequently.

Ok. I know everyone always disagrees with me..,. for years.

But I just get tired of failed seasons

So do all but one team every year have a failed season?  

If so, that is a premise that I cannot get behind at all.  I think that is horribly faulty logic.

I was there, last year, at LOS screaming when we came from behind to beat KC, after an awful first half of football.

But the joy was short-lived, a week later, watching the debacle up in NE.

Perhaps we still would have lost, but to be humiliated? Pagano has to be held at least partly responsible for not at even being competitive.