Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

The Beat Goes On For Texans

dw49

Do they ever get any good news ?

adeveon Clowney (knee) is listed as out for Week 13.

Clowney recently admitted to experiencing a "lot of pain" in his surgically repaired knee. As a rookie, Clowney has undergone meniscus surgery, sports hernia surgery, and suffered a concussion. He has zero sacks through four games.

No matter how he turns out the Texans should have addressed their QB situation first before drafting a player to help Watt contain Luck. I say this because history of the AFC south is the Texans, Titans and Jags all drafted to stop Manning. That never worked and now they seem to have the same mindset with Luck. The very first words spoken by Clowney when he was drafted was he was coming after Luck. We shall see I guess.

Most overrated team in the AFC.

Thanks all to you guys that pretend they are a threat to the Colts when you know; double dosing it on failed Belichick coaches for both sides of the ball, overrated QB's, and a defense that don't utilize their talent normally means the team isn't all that good.

Maybe next year they'll beat a better team besides the Browns and everyone can go OMG TOLD YA SO!

The Colts won't have anything to worry about in the AFC South for the next 5 more years at the least.

No matter how he turns out the Texans should have addressed their QB situation first before drafting a player to help Watt contain Luck. I say this because history of the AFC south is the Texans, Titans and Jags all drafted to stop Manning. That never worked and now they seem to have the same mindset with Luck. The very first words spoken by Clowney when he was drafted was he was coming after Luck. We shall see I guess.

Agree to an extent but they may have been in a tough spot. I didn't like Bortle's at all at the top of round one , didn't like Bridgewater and Manziel is Manziel. Then look at the 2013 draft. The top 4-5 rated QB's in that class could all be out of football in 2-3 years. 2012 had Luck and RG3 at the top and not a lot after that was rated highly.  2012 was a disaster for all those 1st round QB's.

Bradford looks maybe done and what about Cam ? What I'm trying to say is other than Andrew Luck , finding a franchise QB has proved to be murder. Yeah there's Russell Wilson but that was just a pop shot as the guy is so small. So I think it's easier said than done.

Agree to an extent but they may have been in a tough spot. I didn't like Bortle's at all at the top of round one , didn't like Bridgewater and Manziel is Manziel. Then look at the 2013 draft. The top 4-5 rated QB's in that class could all be out of football in 2-3 years. 2012 had Luck and RG3 at the top and not a lot after that was rated highly.  2012 was a disaster for all those 1st round QB's.

Bradford looks maybe done and what about Cam ? What I'm trying to say is other than Andrew Luck , finding a franchise QB has proved to be murder. Yeah there's Russell Wilson but that was just a pop shot as the guy is so small. So I think it's easier said than done.

I totally agree. Maybe a trade out of the #1 pick for some other picks and or a QB? I don't know who would have been offered had that pick been shopped. Those picks are pretty valuable now that the rookie contracts are more affordable.

I totally agree. Maybe a trade out of the #1 pick for some other picks and or a QB? I don't know who would have been offered had that pick been shopped. Those picks are pretty valuable now that the rookie contracts are more affordable.

They could have no doubt had Manziel , Carr or Bridgewater plus probably another player in the first round. But if they really liked Clowney and didn't like any of those three guys a whole lot more than Savage ... why do it ? I totally agree with you that they would have been best served to have found their QB in that draft but it's possible that all those guys won't be top level QB's.  Sometimes it takes forever to find your guy. Maybe they will end up looking smart with Clowney and Mallett going forward ?

Oakland*

Tampa Bay 

Minnesota*

Jacksonville*

Tennessee

Jets

Buffalo

Cleveland*

* drafted QB's high in 2012 but none of them has done a whole lot of good things yet  Bottom line is these teams have really struggled to find their QB.

They could have no doubt had Manziel , Carr or Bridgewater plus probably another player in the first round. But if they really liked Clowney and didn't like any of those three guys a whole lot more than Savage ... why do it ? I totally agree with you that they would have been best served to have found their QB in that draft but it's possible that all those guys won't be top level QB's.  Sometimes it takes forever to find your guy. Maybe they will end up looking smart with Clowney and Mallett going forward ?

Oakland*

Tampa Bay 

Minnesota*

Jacksonville*

Tennessee

Jets

Buffalo

Cleveland*

* drafted QB's high in 2012 but none of them has done a whole lot of good things yet  Bottom line is these teams have really struggled to find their QB.

The only QB you mentioned might have been Carr. He has looked pretty good at times. I don't know if the Texans would have pulled the trigger on Derek after what happened with David. David did look good at times but he took a serious pounding at Houston when he was there.

Do they ever get any good news ?

adeveon Clowney (knee) is listed as out for Week 13.

Clowney recently admitted to experiencing a "lot of pain" in his surgically repaired knee. As a rookie, Clowney has undergone meniscus surgery, sports hernia surgery, and suffered a concussion. He has zero sacks through four games.

Remember how everybody said he was smart to jake it and give half effort his final year in college so he'd be full speed for the pros?

The only QB you mentioned might have been Carr. He has looked pretty good at times. I don't know if the Texans would have pulled the trigger on Derek after what happened with David. David did look good at times but he took a serious pounding at Houston when he was there.

He sure did.

Thats sad to hear on their part. Clowney has freakish athleticism...and if he could get on the field and play I think he could be something special. I think that its too early to say he is going to be a bust but certainly it isn't the start he would like. All that said the team is still around a 500 team so if they could get some better play at the qb position they could be very dangerous. They have a couple good receivers a good running game and a defense that could be pretty decent and make some big plays if they could get some rest. I think pairing them up is a good thing. I know most rookie pass rushers struggle anyways so perhaps just watching tape and learning he will come out better next year. I know Mario Williams didn't really start becoming a good pass rusher until his contract was almost up. With a ton of college football going to spread offenses I think rookie qbs come into the league with more passing experience and skills than ever before but they are stunted in learning drops and reading defenses...thus they may have inconsistant success. If Houston didn't see their qb in last years draft I got no problem going after a playmaker on defense.

Most overrated team in the AFC.

Thanks all to you guys that pretend they are a threat to the Colts when you know; double dosing it on failed Belichick coaches for both sides of the ball, overrated QB's, and a defense that don't utilize their talent normally means the team isn't all that good.

Maybe next year they'll beat a better team besides the Browns and everyone can go OMG TOLD YA SO!

The Colts won't have anything to worry about in the AFC South for the next 5 more years at the least.

Well, I don't know if I'd go that far....yet....but aside from JJ Watt, the Texans undeniably have some major challenges ahead.

Between Arian Foster....who's as gifted a RB as there is but is also utterly incapable of staying healthy for 16 games....Andre Johnson on the back end of his career, complete uncertainty at QB and a sub-par secondary on defense....it looks like a hell of a lot to fix.

And by the time they get QB squared away with the options they have now....Fitzpatrick and an injured/unproven Mallett....Foster and Johnson could be out of the picture entirely.

Add in a stunningly fragile Clowney, who LOOKS like he was custom-made for the role of pass rusher....but shows even less durability than Foster....and you may wind up being correct.

If the Redskins do not resign RG111, what do you all think about him signing with the Texans or other AFC South opponent, and what that would mean to the Colts.

No. All signs point to us re-signing Mallet and going with him. Bortles and Mettenburger aren't the answers yet, but their teams seem to be hitching the wagons to them.

No. All signs point to us re-signing Mallet and going with him. Bortles and Mettenburger aren't the answers yet, but their teams seem to be hitching the wagons to them.

Mallett seems like the best short term solution. Any word on how Savage is progressing?

If the Redskins do not resign RG111, what do you all think about him signing with the Texans or other AFC South opponent, and what that would mean to the Colts.

I don't believe anyone would want him as a starter. He has not learned how to read his receivers and cannot grasp the pocket passer requirements. To me he is done.

I don't understand throwing to Watts doe TD. Where are their tight ends. If I played TE on the team I would not be happy with the love affair for JJW. A TE gets bonus money for touchdowns and they are told to sit the bench because JJW is better.!!!???

If you were a TE on Houston, you wouldn't be happy about who your QB was..

You'd wish you played for Indy..

With the QBs, if you were a TE for Huston, no one would care who you were anyway