Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Lions will not fine or suspend Lions Raiola

B~Town

It's about intent. I'm sorry you don't understand this.

Gronk did not intend to injure Sergio Brown. He didn't say, "Man that guy's been talking for this whole game. I think I'll block him out of bounds on this next play and slam him into a TV cart... if there's even one over there" 

Raiola stated, rather directly, that his intent was to injure someone. 

Pretty clear cut to any person who is actually thinking it through.

So to intend to injure someone, you have to SAY that you intended to injure them to make it official?

Gronkowski's actions showed intent by taking him out of bounds.

If Raiola didn't state that he was intended to hurt someone, then does that mean he didn't have any intent?

• Replies 152
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

:facepalm:  What he said was stupid, yes. But that wasn't the point. I'm guessing you must have skimmed over the last couple pages or didn't read the comments, I don't know.

I'll try to catch you up to speed.

Basically a couple Patriot fans in here say since Sergio was fine after hitting the television cart, then why should Colts fans even make a big deal of it.

Raiola cut Moore, but Moore was fine and the game ended. That was that.

But all of a sudden it's a big deal and we should punish Moore, bad... because he meant to harm Moore, but didn't.

:loco:

What Patriots fan is making a big deal about Moore. It was a pretty lame cut block. The Lions couldn't even fall down right. 

I'm native Californian and was a very good baseball player. When I started realizing I was better than everyone my age and baseball could possibly get me though college I was 10 and the team I played for was the Pirates. Roberto Clemente and Yaz were my favorite players. The Angles and Sox were my AL teams and the Dodgers and Pirates in the NL. Dad was a Boston guy so I spent a lot of time back east. Central NY is what NY'ers call the Albany area right?

My son was a nice BB player also. Played college ball uniti he was hurt . Central NY would be a little more West... Syracuse area. Funny you mention baseball and Albany as I coached a college age bunch of guys for 6-7 years and we played teams from Albany in the state qualifiers . I'm lucky or unlucky being old enough to see Clemente play for years. Went to the 60 WS in NYC for the 3 gas played there. Craziest series ever. Yaz was also one of a kind.

Talking about dynasties .  Celtics 11 out of 13 wit 8 in a row is in a class by itself. That was done without any "extra recourses " such as the Yankees had during their glory years. Even if you throw the Wooden UCLA era into the mix .. it can't compare. They no doubt had a monster recruiting advantage . I guess you can say it's because of Wooden but still not apples to apples. 

My son was a nice BB player also. Played college ball uniti he was hurt . Central NY would be a little more West... Syracuse area. Funny you mention baseball and Albany as I coached a college age bunch of guys for 6-7 years and we played teams from Albany in the state qualifiers . I'm lucky or unlucky being old enough to see Clemente play for years. Went to the 60 WS in NYC for the 3 gas played there. Craziest series ever. Yaz was also one of a kind.

You're a bit older than me. I should show some more respect. You know for elders and all. I went to BC and met a Northeastern girl and have lived in the Foxboro area ever since. I have a lot of clients (dairy farms) in the Syracuse area and really like it there. Heading west out of Albany into the hills is a beautiful area as well.  

You're a bit older than me. I should show some more respect. You know for elders and all. I went to BC and met a Northeastern girl and have lived in the Foxboro area ever since. I have a lot of clients (dairy farms) in the Syracuse area and really like it there. Heading west out of Albany into the hills is a beautiful area as well.  

Naaa. I was being not very nice. Happens when you hit 65.

Yeah.. lots of Dairy Farms on Syracuse outskirts. I lived in Canastota and Manlius for 55 years. Now in CA. Knew a few guys in that business. Are they doing any better now ? Back when I remember the price of milk was always held down. 

Believe me when I say it's not an area you want someone slicing and dicing.

I'm gonna go ahead and take your word for it!  :thmup:

Honestly though, hope you're feeling 100% asap. Message board nonsense aside, we're all good peeps here. Wish you the best! 

So to intend to injure someone, you have to SAY that you intended to injure them to make it official?

Gronkowski's actions showed intent by taking him out of bounds.

If Raiola didn't state that he was intended to hurt someone, then does that mean he didn't have any intent?

I give up. You either don't see it, or you don't want to. It's all good though. Happy Turkey Day. 

I'm gonna go ahead and take your word for it!  :thmup:

Honestly though, hope you're feeling 100% asap. Message board nonsense aside, we're all good peeps here. Wish you the best! 

Yes , this is a pretty good message board. It's the only one I've lasted on for more than a year or so.

And some of these threads do morph into some really ridiculous threads. 

• 4 weeks later...

This guy is a scumbag and has a long history of dirty play. He punched a Pats defender in the head twice and also dove at the Pats nose tackles leg on a chop block when they were KNEELING the ball.

He's dirty and malicious with the intent to injure and they should suspend him for 2 games just like they did to Suh last year for stepping on a guys arm.

These types of players have no respect for the game or their fellow man while playing, and will stoop to any low necessary to get a win.

He said it was unintentionally. Does he know we have the video?

I had heard he stomped on a players leg, but I just saw the video.  I don't know how in the world he thinks people are going to believe him, I'm sure some will but he easily could have avoided that.  When did he take over Suh's role of stomping on opposing players?

So your point is that fanbases don't like the Pats? We already knew that but that is because of all the winning.

Riola is just a meathead and you know it.

Yep, AMF that's exactly it. I don't hate the Patriots just the Cowboys. Yes, I know they demolished my Colts far & square both Dallas & NE. Just promise me Tommy, that you will obliterate Jerry Jones club if they get to the SB. Thanks man. 

Who has won as much and as for long as the Patriots?

Their winning record since 2000 has been incredible no denying that fact TPLK. 

Spygate has lost its luster. Everyone just based it on the amount of the fine. Now bigger ones have come along and everyone knows how erratic Goodell can be. There's no rime or reason. After all these years not one person has been able to lay out just how Spygate worked. Weird huh?

Absolutely right. Spygate means nothing now after getting to 2 SBs vs the NY Giants after the scandal broke & playing in the AFC Championship Game vs the Broncos last season. 

This guy is a scumbag and has a long history of dirty play. He punched a Pats defender in the head twice and also dove at the Pats nose tackles leg on a chop block when they were KNEELING the ball.

He's dirty and malicious with the intent to injure and they should suspend him for 2 games just like they did to Suh last year for stepping on a guys arm.

These types of players have no respect for the game or their fellow man while playing, and will stoop to any low necessary to get a win.

Suh is a good representative for the 3rd world city of Detroit.

suspend for 2 games.?

I'd throw him out for one year..

To be fair though, cheap shots after the whistle are more common than we think, mainly for intimidation factors. But there is a difference between a late shot and a shot meant to hurt someone, this one falls under that realm.

I remember Jeremy Shockey getting in that extra hit constantly on Colts LBs in the Saints SB right after the whistle. Rodney Harrison and Cortland Finnegan constantly did that and got away with it. Even Ninkovich in the recent Colts-Pats game took a few shots after the whistle and even got a 15 yard penalty for one of those. Refs give some leeway but when it happens again and again, they will give a penalty but certain players like Brandon Browner or the Seahawks players might continue to push it even after a penalty. That is my take on it.

It is not just Pats players, Jeff Fisher's Rams coached by Gregg Williams on D take late shots a lot of times, and as recently as last week when Ogletree took a shot at Odell Beckham Jr. and at some point, teammates will fight back for their own.

To be fair though, cheap shots after the whistle are more common than we think, mainly for intimidation factors. But there is a difference between a late shot and a shot meant to hurt someone, this one falls under that realm.

I remember Jeremy Shockey getting in that extra hit constantly on Colts LBs in the Saints SB right after the whistle. Rodney Harrison and Cortland Finnegan constantly did that and got away with it. Even Ninkovich in the recent Colts-Pats game took a few shots after the whistle and even got a 15 yard penalty for one of those. Refs give some leeway but when it happens again and again, they will give a penalty but certain players like Brandon Browner or the Seahawks players might continue to push it even after a penalty. That is my take on it.

It is not just Pats players, Jeff Fisher's Rams coached by Gregg Williams on D take late shots a lot of times, and as recently as last week when Ogletree took a shot at Odell Beckham Jr. and at some point, teammates will fight back for their own.

Rodney was one of the dirtiest players of all time. He made a habit of hitting after the whistle. Players used to vote him as the dirtiest almost every year. Now he has morphed into maybe one of the most arrogant broadcasters.