Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

All things Jonotthan Harrison (Merge)

CR91

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I just don't get how this all started.  The timeline with our Center situation is very confusing.

We finally get rid of Satele in the off-season. Then we sign Phil Costa and it's supposedly and "Open" competition at center. Along the way Grigson says that no one is going to just be handed the job and coast into it. Then Costa retires and Grigson says affirmatively that "Khaled is our center". Pre-season comes and Khaled is injured early and out for a few weeks. In that time Harrison starts, and looks every bit like an UDFA and we also sign Shipley. Then we start Shipley for a few games, and Holmes is healthy but they go back to Harrision, even though Shipley looked good.

Only conclusion I can draw is that they were never high on Holmes from the beginning. He must really not be great at all if he couldn't get his job back from an UDFA. My issue is how quiet they've been on what's going on at Center.

I just don't get how this all started.  The timeline with our Center situation is very confusing.

We finally get rid of Satele in the off-season. Then we sign Phil Costa and it's supposedly and "Open" competition at center. Along the way Grigson says that no one is going to just be handed the job and coast into it. Then Costa retires and Grigson says affirmatively that "Khaled is our center". Pre-season comes and Khaled is injured early and out for a few weeks. In that time Harrison starts, and looks every bit like an UDFA and we also sign Shipley. Then we start Shipley for a few games, and Holmes is healthy but they go back to Harrision, even though Shipley looked good.

Only conclusion I can draw is that they were never high on Holmes from the beginning. He must really not be great at all if he couldn't get his job back from an UDFA. My issue is how quiet they've been on what's going on at Center.

They haven't been quiet about.  Someone on this forum posted that a reporter asked Grigson about Holmes and his response was something to the effect of Holmes knows what he needs to do, he needs to stay out of the training room.

The offensive line should be

Castonzo-Mewhort-Shipley-Reitz-Nixon

Nixon should play until Mr. Cherilus gets his act together! He's been very disappointing this year

I actually completely agree with this^

Castonzo and Mewhort have been pretty good this year, while Thorton and Cherilus have been really mediocre... in my opinion at least.

Reitz seems more of a complete Guard, I would start him over Thorton and Louis.

Nixon is a good run blocker and should perform better than a banged up Cherilus.

.... Shipley should stay at center right now obviously, but Harrison will get better down the line.