Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Officiating

coltsfanmilyman

I you want to call it that?? Exactly what do you call it? Grong getting pushed around? You have to be kidding, right?

Not exactly sure what you are talking about.  Gronk was not pushed around...  But it was made clear by Gronk that Sergio was talking a lot of trash about breaking his arm.  And if you have been in competitive sports before that is not a good thing to talk about because if you don't do anything about that you will eventually be an easy target and could end up getting hurt worse.  Gronk took care of himself, whether it was late and extracurricular is moot as Gronk got punished for that as he should have, but lets not turn this into a "Gronk is the king of evil and does nothing but dirty plays".  

• Replies 230
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Wow, that mentality is why there are killings and whatnot, because a large percentage of young people don't understand there is consequence in this world and run their mouths.  And when people do not put them in their place that young kid whose running his mouth gets a hold of a gun and thinks he is a big boy and gets shot by a guy who doesn't back down or vise versa. 

Oh good lord there is no way you can be that backwards. The consequence of someone running their mouth should be an eye roll, or a middle finger. If you shoot someone because they ran their mouth you are a special kind of stupid.

For one, you should stay off these forums. I mean seriously. If I were a Patriots fan, the last place I would WANT to be posting on is the Colts forum. :blueshoe: :blueshoe: :blueshoe: :blueshoe: :blueshoe: :blueshoe:

Football players talk trash all the time but I guess I miss out on the parts where you are supposed to throw the other person into a metal television cart because the person ran his mouth too much. Is that what happens a lot or something or am I missing something here? Rob Gronkowski is pure scum.

So, now it's your right to tell member's that they're not welcome on this site?

Come on now...

But it was made clear by Gronk that Sergio was talking a lot of trash about breaking his arm.

So by Gronk pushing Sergio out of bounds that unbroke Gronks arm in the past? You can push a guy out of bounds, but that doesn't unbreak your arm last year.

Oh good lord there is no way you can be that backwards. The consequence of someone running their mouth should be an eye roll, or a middle finger. If you shoot someone because they ran their mouth you are a special kind of stupid.

You must have lived a sheltered life, because stuff like that happens every day.  And I agree they are a special kind of stupid, but that doesn't mean it doesn't happen.  Again I'm not sure if any of you have played high competitive sports, but if someone is talking about how they broke your arm that is very serious.  (And sometimes even considered a threat).  If you don't respond to that players talk and people start to target you because they know you will not do anything.  Its just part of the game.  I may have dealt with it because I'm a smaller person but I know for a fact that happens.

Lol.  So tell me.  If Sergio was the one who broke his arm.  And Gronk is constantly giving him hell for it, you'd expect the NFL to take care of it huh?  And when Sergio gets targeted because he doesn't say anything and his arm is broken again or worse, you'd be fine with it because at least the NFL is going to fine Gronk for his dirty play?  Wow, that mentality is why there are killings and whatnot, because a large percentage of young people don't understand there is consequence in this world and run their mouths.  And when people do not put them in their place that young kid whose running his mouth gets a hold of a gun and thinks he is a big boy and gets shot by a guy who doesn't back down or vise versa. 

You are literally making a mountain out of a mole hill.  If Gronk was the smaller man and Sergio the taller, everyone would be praising him for standing up for himself instead though it is seen as a exasperating dirty play.  Again get over it...

What on Earth are you saying in this jumbled mess of a paragraph? :loco::facepalm:

You must have lived a sheltered life, because stuff like that happens every day.  And I agree they are a special kind of stupid, but that doesn't mean it doesn't happen.  Again I'm not sure if any of you have played high competitive sports, but if someone is talking about how they broke your arm that is very serious.  (And sometimes even considered a threat).  If you don't respond to that players talk and people start to target you because they know you will not do anything.  Its just part of the game.  I may have dealt with it because I'm a smaller person but I know for a fact that happens.

Usually the person running their mouths are the victim of a gunshot wound. AKA - Aaron Hernandez

Not exactly sure what you are talking about.  Gronk was not pushed around...  But it was made clear by Gronk that Sergio was talking a lot of trash about breaking his arm.  And if you have been in competitive sports before that is not a good thing to talk about because if you don't do anything about that you will eventually be an easy target and could end up getting hurt worse.  Gronk took care of himself, whether it was late and extracurricular is moot as Gronk got punished for that as he should have, but lets not turn this into a "Gronk is the king of evil and does nothing but dirty plays".

Gronks mentality is such. He has a long history of being and doing stupid things. Grong not only deserved the flag but also needed to be ejected. So Gronk let trash talking take over his limited mentality?

Gronks mentality is such. He has a long history of being and doing stupid things. Grong not only deserved the flag but also needed to be ejected. So Gronk let trash talking take over his limited mentality?

I don't know about his "long history" of stupid things, but I may be wrong there though as I'm not a fan of his and choose not to follow him, but for him to be ejected is overdone.  And yes we actually agree Gronk did let trash talking take over his limited mentality and I don't see a reason why it wouldn't as that is something you usually shouldn't trash talk about.  And Gronk got his penalty and perhaps a fine.  That is it... 

No I'm not remotely sheltered. It does happen, but it's because people are dumb. It's a deviation from the norm to harm someone for talking.

Here's the thing...I played baseball until I was 16. The last year I played a pitcher on the other team hit me with a pitch and broke my finger in the process. He mouthed off about it before we played again and I hit a triple off of him. Baseball is a different sport, but had he hit me again I wouldn't have charged the mound and risked getting thrown out. I would have taken my base and done everything I could to score a run. I let the scoreboard talk, I didn't sweat the jerk-weed.

No I'm not remotely sheltered. It does happen, but it's because people are dumb. It's a deviation from the norm to harm someone for talking.

Here's the thing...I played baseball until I was 16. The last year I played a pitcher on the other team hit me with a pitch and broke my finger in the process. He mouthed off about it before we played again and I hit a triple off of him. Baseball is a different sport, but had he hit me again I wouldn't have charged the mound and risked getting thrown out. I would have taken my base and done everything I could to score a run. I let the scoreboard talk, I didn't sweat the jerk-weed.

This is how real athletes are suppose to play and lead themselves. Great story.

That's not a contact sport though... It's completely different when people have the availability to intentionally hurt you.  The world isn't made of sugar and rainbows.  There are stupid people everywhere.  I had issues playing college ball in which I was targeted because I said and did nothing.  I got hurt pretty bad and I learned you've got to stand up for yourself (not hurt the other guy, just let them know you won't be pushed around) because the rules don't prohibit talking, and when that person "decides" to hurt you it will be too late.  Heck I even went through that in soccer, FLIPPING SOCCER, where people would intentionally attempt to injure the people who refused to speak or act or push.  You have to impose yourself on the field it is just how it is.  If everyone had a sense of morality then it wouldn't be a problem, but the fact is around 50 % of the people you play the game with aren't decent people and a big flag is the ones who talk about how they hurt you... 

D would be the more appropriate letter. You can decipher that however you'd like. He was flagged and still doesn't get that it was a stupid/pointless thing to do. I don't think Gronk has the mental capacity to unlearn his natural tendencies.

The Patriots have a complex playbook.  I think "Gronk" has the mental capacity to flourish in it.  If he's a mental midget, he's a titan among mental midgets.  Many of whom have done quite well in the NFL.  Chad Ochocinco may not have been a Rhodes scholar, he could not grasp the playbook that "Gronk" has mastered.

The Colts would do well to have a TE with Gronkowski's limited mental capacity and football ability.

That's not a contact sport though... It's completely different when people have the availability to intentionally hurt you.  The world isn't made of sugar and rainbows.  There are stupid people everywhere.  I had issues playing college ball in which I was targeted because I said and did nothing.  I got hurt pretty bad and I learned you've got to stand up for yourself (not hurt the other guy, just let them know you won't be pushed around) because the rules don't prohibit talking, and when that person "decides" to hurt you it will be too late.  Heck I even went through that in soccer, FLIPPING SOCCER, where people would intentionally attempt to injure the people who refused to speak or act or push.  You have to impose yourself on the field it is just how it is.  If everyone had a sense of morality then it wouldn't be a problem, but the fact is around 50 % of the people you play the game with aren't decent people and a big flag is the ones who talk about how they hurt you... 

Then those people need to be disciplined for their actions. You should not be doing that but play the game and let that do the talking. It's unfortunate that you were injured but that is NOT how sports are supposed to be played.

Then those people need to be disciplined for their actions. You should not be doing that but play the game and let that do the talking. It's unfortunate that you were injured but that is NOT how sports are supposed to be played.

You see, that is where you are living in a fantasy land.  Sports aren't that way.  Once your 10 years old sports change.  Competitive nature brings out the best, but also worst in people who will do anything to win or get their money.  Plus who are you to say I shouldn't be doing that?  All I did was not let myself be pushed around and I may have gotten a flag or 2 for it, ut I never was considered a dirty player nor out of line.  Under your mentality I should just sit and be ok with everyone who is that way and just let myself get hurt, then the League can deal with it. 

Also to your first point disciplined for what actions?  For talking?  Letting them talk allows them and they will not be punished until they actually do the act which means I will already be hurt.  That doesn't make sense.

Him being ejected would not have effected the outcome of the game at that point which is probably why he waited until then to do it.

It doesn't effect much for the score of last nights game. However, it could effect if he misses the next game if suspension arises.

Also to your first point disciplined for what actions?  For talking?  Letting them talk allows them and they will not be punished until they actually do the act which means I will already be hurt.  That doesn't make sense.

Whatever man... I can't believe you are arguing the fact that them whooping your butt was the correct thing to do. :scratch:

Whatever man... I can't believe you are arguing the fact that them whooping your butt was the correct thing to do. :scratch:

You must be confused. When did I ever say they were right? My point is they aren't breaking a rule but they will be eventually. So back to the point talking about hurting or how you hurt another player is a very big red flag and I wouldn't blame anyone for standing their ground against it. So again I'm not condoning what Gronk did as I was in the same position and handled it better, but let's not act like he's some horrible person because of this one act. Because Sergio talking about hurting him is definitely edging him on and is just as "thuggish".

Lol.  So tell me.  If Sergio was the one who broke his arm.  And Gronk is constantly giving him hell for it, you'd expect the NFL to take care of it huh?  And when Sergio gets targeted because he doesn't say anything and his arm is broken again or worse, you'd be fine with it because at least the NFL is going to fine Gronk for his dirty play?  Wow, that mentality is why there are killings and whatnot, because a large percentage of young people don't understand there is consequence in this world and run their mouths.  And when people do not put them in their place that young kid whose running his mouth gets a hold of a gun and thinks he is a big boy and gets shot by a guy who doesn't back down or vise versa. 

You are literally making a mountain out of a mole hill.  If Gronk was the smaller man and Sergio the taller, everyone would be praising him for standing up for himself instead though it is seen as a exasperating dirty play.  Again get over it...

Say what?  A) your analogy/comparisson is way off base, the ones mouthing off are the ones picking on kids, being bullies, not shooting up the school.  Today's teenager mentality is to ridicule anything different and to be a bully.  B) These are PROFESSIONAL GROWN MEN, not teenagers. 

The point isn't that Gronk was standing up for himself, the point that I was originally making is that it was too much.  Again, never once did I justify Sergio's actions, and if you mess with the bull, you may get the horns.  The TE took it too far simple as that.  He had already punked him all the way across the field.  No need to take him 7 yds out of bounds then throw him into a camera truck.

By definition Sergio was the punk for running his mouth all game.. he just couldn't back it up and Gronk humiliated him.

And no, there is no evidence you could ever get that would prove or make me believe that Gronk was trying to injure him by blocking and shoving him out of bounds

Even if there was no intent to hurt him that doesn't mean anything because he still could have hurt Brown. It was dirty. Brown is an * for talking smack about hurting Gronk, but it doesn't make what Gronk did ok.

Say what? A) your analogy/comparisson is way off base, the ones mouthing off are the ones picking on kids, being bullies, not shooting up the school. Today's teenager mentality is to ridicule anything different and to be a bully. B) These are PROFESSIONAL GROWN MEN, not teenagers.

The point isn't that Gronk was standing up for himself, the point that I was originally making is that it was too much. Again, never once did I justify Sergio's actions, and if you mess with the bull, you may get the horns. The TE took it too far simple as that. He had already punked him all the way across the field. No need to take him 7 yds out of bounds then throw him into a camera truck.

You misunderstood my analogy. I know the ones shooting the schools are the bullied, I'm talking about when they get out of school the bullies are usually the ones who wind up dead in an alley because they don't understand that in the real world they may actually confront someone who will fight back. Anyways

I can agree that it might have been too much, thus why he got the flag, but I don't see how he purposely threw him into a camera truck. I don't see that as his intention I just think he's a big guy and threw him farther than he thought. Everyone here wants to burn Gronk at the cross and act like there isn't another side to the story. Everyone is now labeling him (exaggerating of course) the dirtiest player in NFL history on an act that I can actually understand where he's coming from. Whether he has past actions of this I don't know, nor have ever heard so until I'm shown proof I don't see this as anything but a big man getting angry with a little man mouthing off about something pretty darn serious, that you shouldn't mouth off about.

I don't know why people here seem to think you can't discuss how much the officials sucked without bringing up "we would have lost anyways". That doesn't matter, they suck. People don't say "Trent fumbling doesn't matter, we would have lost anyone". The occurance is troubling no matter what affect it had on the game.

I agree.  Officials have been garbage and it does appear that the Pats get a lot of the calls going their way.  Not just against the Colts, but other teams as well.  I saw the Bills get raped by the officials against the Pats.  It was so blatant, I decided to check a Bill's message board and they were going ballistic, rightfully so.  It should be an embarrassment to the NFL, but I doubt it.  

Officiating sucked big time last night . For as long as I remember BB teams are allowed to bump , hold and knock receivers to Kingdom come. Hell... they even won a SB by Mugging Marshall Fault for 60 minutes. That said , Indy sucked worse than the officiating.

ALL this is true we were mugged and held all night by there DB's and the Oline is great at holding!! Go back and look at the game our Dline could not get off blocks threw out the game becuase the were held. Given that we still got our butt's kicked in though! The hoodies team seems to get a LOT of love from the referee's

Gronk was a punk long before that play.  And Brown may be a punk as well.

I know, there is no evidence that would make you change your preconceived ideas.  That is pretty typical of Patriots fans.  All I can say is watch the replay.  He has Brown engaged, when the whistle blows is when he drives him, not out of bounds but towards a piece of equipment and then picks him up and slams him down.  He has about 80lbs and quite a bit of strength on Brown, he could have done that at any point.

Like I said Gronk is a chicken ***t little punk but the incident was handled correctly on the field a 15 yard penalty, and if he gets fined for it, then like Gopats said, it would be money well spent.  I am more disappointed that a Colt player let himself be bullied like that any animosity towards Gronk for doing it.

And yet you can't cite any prior evidence.

Yeah, great argument.

Basically, he's a Patriot player who put a Colt player in his place. Therefore, based on your logic, he's "always" been a punk.

Yeah, great argument.

Basically, he's a Patriot player who put a Colt player in his place. Therefore, based on your logic, he's "always" been a punk.

I guess saying "watch the play" and then describing the play is not citing any "evidence".

Oh well.  I thought he was a punk before the Pats played the Colts so that play really has nothing to do with it.  But nice try.

By definition Sergio was the punk for running his mouth all game.. he just couldn't back it up and Gronk humiliated him.

And no, there is no evidence you could ever get that would prove or make me believe that Gronk was trying to injure him by blocking and shoving him out of bounds

How do you know Sergio ran his mouth all game were you on the field? You know because Gronk said soo! Hum

Yeah, great argument.

Well ya. All patriot players,coaches,fans. Don't feel too bad though cause I feel that way about every other team and their fans, coaches, cities. HECK you'll never catch me in Bawston, between the pats and the Sox, I hate red. Isnt that Fandom? Go Yankees! Kidding.

Or am I?

ALL this is true we were mugged and held all night by there DB's and the Oline is great at holding!! Go back and look at the game our Dline could not get off blocks threw out the game becuase the were held. Given that we still got our butt's kicked in though! The hoodies team seems to get a LOT of love from the referee's

Can we stop with these tin foil hat conspiracies ?

The Patriots are the most penalized team in the NFL. Bar none.

With many tickytack PI and illegal contact calls.

Holding?

Seriously?

I guess saying "watch the play" and then describing the play is not citing any "evidence".

Oh well.  I thought he was a punk before the Pats played the Colts so that play really has nothing to do with it.  But nice try.

You said "always."

But only have yesterday's example.

Well ya. All patriot players,coaches,fans. Don't feel too bad though cause I feel that way about every other team and their fans, coaches, cities. HECK you'll never catch me in Bawston, between the pats and the Sox, I hate red. Isnt that Fandom? Go Yankees! Kidding.

Or am I?

Nice point overall.

But as I said earlier, this "rivalry" is relatively one sided. I don't dislike one current Colt. Luck is a good , talented kid. Pagano is a nice guy, too.

Still loathe the Yankees though :). Although not as much since '04.

Nice point overall.

But as I said earlier, this "rivalry" is relatively one sided. I don't dislike one current Colt. Luck is a good , talented kid. Pagano is a nice guy, too.

Still loathe the Yankees though :). Although not as much since '04.

The rivalry isn't what it used to be with Manning gone but us colts fans HATE, no LOATHE losing to NE more than any other team, sans maybe SD(personally) I respect and loathe your organization at the same time. [emoji2]

On the Yankee tip. They won't be good again until the develop their farm team again. RE2PECT! Sorry had too