Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

What's Worse Than 6-3?

John Waylon

Since the game ended insanely late last night and I had to get up insanely early (4:30) I waited to start this.

What's worse than 6-3?

The wife being out of town, and having no desire to cook, all the while my stomach is in need of sustenance. If someone comes over and cooks I swear I will share the food. Just throwing it out there...

What's worse than 6-3?

Paying a kings ransom to draft Ryan lead 2.0. Looking at you, Snyder.

What's worse than 6-3?

My pick sheet this weekend. I got a grand total of 4 points. Everyone had trouble covering the spread this week.

What's worse than 6-3?  Let's see here...

5-4

4-5

3-6

2-7

1-6

ANNNNNDDDD the Oakland Raiders lol

Well, it does say "if HE be worthy". But really, it's just a lazy, eye rolling marketing trick. And if they are trying to capture a female audience, try developing an original idea.

I agree, or if they are going to steal an idea at least do something like Thorina.  But Thor is a Norse god, not a Norse goddess.

Well, it does say "if HE be worthy". But really, it's just a lazy, eye rolling marketing trick. And if they are trying to capture a female audience, try developing an original idea.

I'm not a giant Marvel fan, but I do know that the comic books had a female "Thor" at some point. I think it's an iteration of that story line, and as such, not just a marketing trick to get female viewers (if you can't get women to watch Marvel movies with Chris Hemsworth and Tom Hiddleston, then give it up). And I don't think they're changing Thor's character. I just think he loses his hammer, and this woman proves worthy and gets his power for a while. 

::shrug::  I don't think it's a big deal, personally.

I'm not a giant Marvel fan, but I do know that the comic books had a female "Thor" at some point. I think it's an iteration of that story line, and as such, not just a marketing trick to get female viewers (if you can't get women to watch Marvel movies with Chris Hemsworth and Tom Hiddleston, then give it up). And I don't think they're changing Thor's character. I just think he loses his hammer, and this woman proves worthy and gets his power for a while. 

::shrug::  I don't think it's a big deal, personally.

There has been something like Thor Girl, but no woman actually became Thor....that I recall anyway.....unless you count Marvel's "What If" series.

There has been something like Thor Girl, but no woman actually became Thor....that I recall anyway.....unless you count Marvel's "What If" series.

I confused myself. It's a new comic book storyline. I was thinking that a new movie was picking up on an old comic book storyline.

Anyways, the real point is that other people have picked up Thor's hammer in the past, and had his powers. Including Steve Rogers, I believe (and that's probably going to be a twist in one of the new movies...) It doesn't bother me, personally, that it's going to be a woman this time. I don't really see it as a ploy to attract women, but I understand that thinking. To me, it's not a woman becoming Thor, anymore than anyone else who picked up Mjolnir became Thor. It's a woman proving worthy, and gaining his power.

To me, having Pepper Potts put on the Iron Man suit was clunky and poorly done.

I confused myself. It's a new comic book storyline. I was thinking that a new movie was picking up on an old comic book storyline.

Anyways, the real point is that other people have picked up Thor's hammer in the past, and had his powers. Including Steve Rogers, I believe (and that's probably going to be a twist in one of the new movies...) It doesn't bother me, personally, that it's going to be a woman this time. I don't really see it as a ploy to attract women, but I understand that thinking. To me, it's not a woman becoming Thor, anymore than anyone else who picked up Mjolnir became Thor. It's a woman proving worthy, and gaining his power.

To me, having Pepper Potts put on the Iron Man suit was clunky and poorly done.

Well, I can see I don't pay as much attention to comics as other people.  I was just watching a thing on tv last night about Marvel getting into the movies with Iron Man and how big a risk it was and then they said they are doing more things to appeal to female audiences and showed a cover of a generously gifted woman and "Thor" as the title.

Well, I can see I don't pay as much attention to comics as other people.  I was just watching a thing on tv last night about Marvel getting into the movies with Iron Man and how big a risk it was and then they said they are doing more things to appeal to female audiences and showed a cover of a generously gifted woman and "Thor" as the title.

I don't pay a whole lot of attention to them myself. 

But it's ironic to me that a comic book company would try to appeal to women with a "generously gifted" lady Thor. Women just generally aren't the target demographic for comic books, and if you want to reach out to them, I don't think a big chested heroine is the way to do it. And I think Marvel knows that. Maybe it will attract some attention, but really, it's just more of the same as far as female comic book characters go. 

Marvel could easily do more with the female X-Men characters, and just refrain from making them so bosomy. But that's how comic books do. And that's because they're written and illustrated by men, for men (mostly).

But it's ironic to me that a comic book company would try to appeal to women with a "generously gifted" lady Thor. Women just generally aren't the target demographic for comic books, and if you want to reach out to them, I don't think a big chested heroine is the way to do it. And I think Marvel knows that. Maybe it will attract some attention, but really, it's just more of the same as far as female comic book characters go. 

Marvel could easily do more with the female X-Men characters, and just refrain from making them so bosomy. But that's how comic books do. And that's because they're written and illustrated by men, for men (mostly).

Well, given the success of female super heroes, I don't think think they are targeting young males with this move.

I agree, just paraphrasing what happened during the show.

The people who drink all the beer they could handle last night, and had to get up to vote this morning. Please don't barf in the voting booth.

[Mod edit: no politics, please]

kinda like what curtis painter did 2011. But I really think him being a hoosier, he was just trying to look out for us. Without his performance, no andrew luck along with the rest of the 2012 draft picks.  

Edited by Superman

Since the game ended insanely late last night and I had to get up insanely early (4:30) I waited to start this.

What's worse than 6-3?

The wife being out of town, and having no desire to cook, all the while my stomach is in need of sustenance. If someone comes over and cooks I swear I will share the food. Just throwing it out there...

What's worse than 6-3?

Paying a kings ransom to draft Ryan lead 2.0. Looking at you, Snyder.

What's worse than 6-3?

My pick sheet this weekend. I got a grand total of 4 points. Everyone had trouble covering the spread this week.

Steak+grill= dinner, even a caveman can do it. Jk