Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

No doubt after Colts Texans Game

danlhart87

I think Watt is the best defensive player that's played in a very long time. The only thing he does that gets under my skin is the needless celebrations after every play he makes. You would have thought the Texans were ahead the whole game with the way he was acting. I guess I must be too old school in believing you celebrate after the game is won.

Yeah, it's the age old debate of rally your troops/teammates around vs act like you've been there before & will be back with another TD if necessary. I understand both sides of the coin on this 1. 

I do like the waging finger "Not on my watch son" after a deflected or knocked down pass. It takes me back to his WI Badgers college days. Good memories there & I am glad to see continued success at the next level. 

Have you seen Lucks output in the Colts wins? He handles the ball every play. I am not saying that Luck will win the MVP , I just use that for reference to your comment about Watt making a few plays. Sorry, the QBs are the one most responsible for wins not one defensive player. There is a reason that only one defensive player has won a MVP.

Watt is the most dominant defensive player in the league and the one most responsible for Houston's record. Will have to see if he can keep it up though and how Houston finishes.

I think Watt is the best defensive player that's played in a very long time. The only thing he does that gets under my skin is the needless celebrations after every play he makes. You would have thought the Texans were ahead the whole game with the way he was acting. I guess I must be too old school in believing you celebrate after the game is won.

Watt annoys me as well. I know everybody celebrates but he goes crazy like he won the Super Bowl after every play, and as noted, many of those plays come while his team is losing.

Yeah, it's the age old debate of rally your troops/teammates around vs act like you've been there before & will be back with another TD if necessary. I understand both sides of the coin on this 1. 

I do like the waging finger "Not on my watch son" after a deflected or knocked down pass. It takes me back to his WI Badgers college days. Good memories there & I am glad to see continued success at the next level. 

I think there is a third option. I have absolutely no problem with players celebrating. Be fired up; that's great. However, going crazy when your team is losing or doing absurd, extended, dancing after every play is just foolish.

i agree but not enough. Just like Luck got only 2 last year. That will be what Watt will get too. Texans are just not that popular and consistent. The media votes and they drool over the Broncos and Cowboys...

It's not just the media.  The Fans have voted Broncos #1 Americas Team favorite.  Dallas is still #4.  Indy doesn't even crack the top 10 list.  I'd even be inclined the media gravitates to where the fans are...

I thiink JJ gets it if he maintains his current pace not just becuase of his talent but because he is the talk of the league and he is everywhere in the Houston media. Manning won't get it becuase is is not the most valuable player. Tak JJ Watt off the team and they will be the Jags.

Lol, whatever you say.

He's gonna get votes, though. He's that good.

History and precedence are on my side, not yours.  If Watt gets numerous MVP votes, then you can come on here and crow about it. 

But he won't.  Because, again, a great DE on a 7-9 loss team isn't the most valuable player in the NFL. 

You can't deny he makes some unbelievably bad throws to easy targets.

They all miss badly now and then. Sometimes bad mechanics , sometimes QB and receiver not on same page. His complete rate seems up there with the better QB's. 

Watt is awesome even when he's not on the field. 

jj-watt-box-jump-o.gif

That guy is such a freakish athlete.

And his combine 40 time wasn't that good, but I swear he's probably faster now.  Because he doesn't look slow when he's streaking down the sidelines with the football.  And no one on the field can seem to catch him.

They all miss badly now and then. Sometimes bad mechanics , sometimes QB and receiver not on same page. His complete rate seems up there with the better QB's.

Luck was a Lil more than now and then compared to others. You're just telling me that his rate should be higher if he would make those. Had he been better this year? Ya so far.