Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Houston (+ 5 1/2) at Dallas (10-5-14)

oldunclemark

The 'Texas Super Bowl'...

....very interesting and no consensus of opinion..

I've found one odds guy who has this as a 3-point game..

I've heard great praise of the Dallas O-line but I doubt them and we'll see this Sunday..

I dont think you can be too impressed by the Dallas wins so far...bt the same could be said of Houston, which has offensive 'issues'

..what if JJ Watt smacks Tony Romo all the way to New Mexico on the first play? Who's favored then?

If I can get 6 points, I'd take Houston

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hate the Cowboys...this kid from highschool always harasses me telling me they are going to win the Superbowl....yet we need the Texans to lose. Luckily desires matter not. I see the Cowboys winning and I don't think it will be all that close. If you don't believe in their OL, you should see that stat where Murray has over 300 yards BEFORE contact, which is more than any other running back has total. Houston's offense won't be able to overcome Dallas's scoring. 

Hate the Cowboys...this kid from highschool always harasses me telling me they are going to win the Superbowl....yet we need the Texans to lose. Luckily desires matter not. I see the Cowboys winning and I don't think it will be all that close. If you don't believe in their OL, you should see that stat where Murray has over 300 yards BEFORE contact, which is more than any other running back has total. Houston's offense won't be able to overcome Dallas's scoring.

Don't be a stat head...'D'

I dont buy it, ...lets see them block Houston...then we'll talk

The 'Texas Super Bowl'...

....very interesting and no consensus of opinion..

I've found one odds guy who has this as a 3-point game..

I've heard great praise of the Dallas O-line but I doubt them and we'll see this Sunday..

I dont think you can be too impressed by the Dallas wins so far...bt the same could be said of Houston, which has offensive 'issues'

..what if JJ Watt smacks Tony Romo all the way to New Mexico on the first play? Who's favored then?

If I can get 6 points, I'd take Houston

I'd bet a sum of 1 dollar on the Cowboys winning this game. The only reason is that run game is making Romo look good which is kind of like the 90's team with Aikman. Give the ball to D. Murray & all should be fine.

You think they're running on Houston....really?

Texans run defense is actually awful. Opponents are averaging 130 yards per game on them, and they are allowing 5.0 ypc to opposing backs. On the flips side, the Cowboys run game has been absolutely stellar through the first quarter of the season.

It would be foolish NOT to think the Cowboys are going to run all over them.

I'd feel a lot better about this game if Romo, Murray and Bryant all simultaneously came down with ebola before sunday.

(And you know, survived)

You know there was just a case down that way too. As long as they avoid Watt because he has a bright future & I like him.

Thanks HTC.....other than the 11-point loss to a very shaky SF team

Dallas has played ,.,Tennesse, St. Louis..NOLA On the road.

...all busters

......Nobody can be buying this Dallas team,. can they?

Some might but they can score and without Foster can the Texans ?

The signs are starting to show that Arian Foster is declining as far as his health is concerned.  He always seems to be out for this and for that.  He'll get back in shape and be reliable for 2 or 3 games and be back out for this and for that. I'm wondering if he'll even be on the team next year.  Not totally sure!

As far as this game is concerned I'm going with the Cowboys.  I totally believe in that offensive line, they have a really good group and the Texans are not great against the run.  I like the Cowboys receivers as well.  I think the offense will continue to play at a high level because that running game will keep Romo from having to play Hero ball with the bad throws.  The real question is will that defense continue to show up or will they revert back to trash.

I can see Romo throwing three picks to JJ Watt alone in this game. Should be close I think but Romo makes the mistakes to lose it in the end.

Nothing annoys me quite as much as the perpetuation of the false pretense that Romo is the premiere choke artist of the NFL. Dude ranks 18th all time in 4th quarter comebacks.

Is he woefully inconsistent? At times, yes.

Is he some laughing stock choke artist? No. We all need to let go of that image of him * up a hold during his first year as a starter and look at Romo for what he is. A good QB who has an inconsistent streak.

Nothing annoys me quite as much as the perpetuation of the false pretense that Romo is the premiere choke artist of the NFL. Dude ranks 18th all time in 4th quarter comebacks.

Is he some laughing stock choke artist? No. We all need to let go of that image of him * up a hold during his first year as a starter and look at Romo for what he is. A good QB who has an inconsistent streak.

I agree but that only supports my belief that he could choke away this game especially against a very tough Houston D.

The Texans run d isn't good. And the cowboys have played better teams than the Texans

Yep. I expect the Cowboys to win this game on the back of DeMarco Murray.

Rashad Jennings tore them up on the road in New York. The Texans play like paper tigers on the road, I feel. I have seen that before when they get off to a good start in the past.

While the Cowboys may not blow them out, I don't think that with Arian Foster hurting, they have enough at the QB position to hurt the Cowboys, not on the road. If the Cowboys can handle Brees at home, this should be a breeze, IMO.

You think they're running on Houston....really?

You don't watch much football, I guess.

You're asking if the top running offense in the league will be able to run against one of the worst run defenses in the league?  lol

Did you wonder if Luck would be able to throw effectively against Jacksonville too?

You're asking if the top running offense in the league (against a dishwater schedule) will be able to run against one of the worst run defenses in the league?  (with the NFL's best defensive lineman)

Yes I am....anyone would

You know this is the Dallas Cowboys we're talking about?

The 'Dallas 8-8's

You must be new to the sport

But the question still stands..

would you take Dallas Sunday and give 8 points?

No, you wouldn't ...nobody would

and the Houston 2-14's

by a playoff team in 2012...

Its okay not to like the Texans,..but you need more than 4 games to get on Dallas' bandwagon.

..Look at who they have beaten..

..and again..what you don't see on this thread is anyone who will take Dallas and give you 6 points.

Its okay not to like the Texans,..but you need more than 4 games to get on Dallas' bandwagon.

..and again..what you don't see on this thread is anyone who will take Dallas and give you 6 points.

Look right above you. Also count me as person #2.

Who have the Texans beaten?

Oakland, Washington, and Buffalo. All of which are 3-9 combined.

Same record as Dallas' opponents.

If you're going to say Dallas hasn't beaten anybody, at least be fair and look at Houston's wins.

The Colts have no competition in the AFC South. I think you guys bandwagon for Houston and hype them up when they barely get by a win cause you want some kind of competition to scare you at night. The AFC South is just what it was 6 years ago when Manning was around, a weak division dominated by the horseshoe. Always was, always will be.

Who have the Texans beaten?

Oakland, Washington, and Buffalo. All of which are 3-9 combined.

Same record as Dallas' opponents.

If you're going to say Dallas hasn't beaten anybody, at least be fair and look at Houston's wins.

The Colts have no competition in the AFC South. I think you guys bandwagon for Houston and hype them up when they barely get by a win cause you want some kind of competition to scare you at night. The AFC South is just what it was 6 years ago when Manning was around, a weak division dominated by the horseshoe. Always was, always will be.

But the question isn't about Houston.....its..how good is Dallas....

after how many 8-8s?

I keep hearing how Dallas is good because Houston isn't? and the AFC South is bad

Like I said..its okay to think Houston is mediocre..by why does that make Dallas good.?

That's like saying that you like cats because dogs suck

You know this is the Dallas Cowboys we're talking about?

The 'Dallas 8-8's

You must be new to the sport

You're argument is baseless and weak.

Most people above the age of 8 who have watched even a single minute of NFL football wouldn't be as befuddled as you are at the concept of a superior offensive unit having an advantage over an inferior defensive unit.  I guess i've overestimated you and you're one of the rare exceptions.  Or you're 7.  Either way, you aren't worth any more effort.

Have fun in your fantasyland where the Cowboys can't run the ball and the Texans have a stellar run D......lol

I didn't say i was on the cowboys band wagon. I said the Texans run d hasnt been good and the cowboys will be able to run on them.

You're argument is baseless and weak.

Most people above the age of 8 who have watched even a single minute of NFL football wouldn't be as befuddled as you are at the concept of a superior offensive unit having an advantage over an inferior defensive unit.

Have fun in your fantasyland where the Cowboys can't run the ball and the Texans have a stellar run D......lol

Its only an argument if you're serious and I sense you are not..

Just new and trying to kick up a fuss..

By the way...most kids above the age of 8 don't write 'LOL'.

The point again...don't use ranking and decide who's good after 4 weeks of a 16-week season..

I'll take Houston if you give me 6 points