Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

defense minus 2

OLD FAN MAN

our defense has lost 2 starters, mathis and landry, do we have the players on the roster to take over so this will not be a big weakness for us? if so who? could be 4 if freeman and jones don't come back. what now?

We have been without Mathis since week one no change there and Landry's play hasnt been stellar (i will give him points for stepping up the past two games). IMO we will be fine we've always played under the next man up mantra so the next guy up will have to step up to the plate. 

mcdonald showed flashes so id like see what we have in him. I have zero confidence in anderson or brown to play safety

Apparently Brown is starting.....i have zero confidence in him also. Hopefully Freeman and Thornton come back. Those will help me cope with the loss of Jones and Mewhort lol

Losing Landry may actually be addition by subtraction.  He has done nothing for the team going all the way back to last year

Landy's arms are so big he cant raise them high enough over his head to stop passes. Guys like McDonald & Sergio Brown are going to have to step up. I think I'd rather see McDonald out there. Serg is one heck of a special teamer though.