Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Moncrief vs. Nicks

Jhaze55

Collectively, Fleener's back to back plays when he made a great diving catch near the goal-line, then on the next snap (?) he wrestled off the defender before getting free....many a player would have fell to the ground to get the flag. Coby kept the play alive and was rewarded with a TD. One of the best segments of the game. Give the guy a break.

Everyone is contributing in one way or another. They all can't be HOFers.

Both Nicks and Moncrief each did something very good today that won't show up in the stats.

On Luck's last pass of the game,  he threw up the field to Nicks along the far sideline, and it looked like Nicks deliberately punched it away so it couldn't be intercepted.    At least,  that was my read of it.

And Moncrief?    On the Bradshaw receiving TD he threw a fabulous downfield block that not only took the defender back I'd guess 5-8 yards, but also took him right out of bounds.    The corner got completely bulldozed.

Moncrief was greeted back on the sidelines by very happy coaches and teammates, each with a big pat on the back.

Tomorrow, when they review the film,  his block will get replayed several times so everyone sees how great it was and how unselfish and team oriented he was being.     Mad props to Donte!    :thmup:

Yes Moncrief, to replacing TY in the red zone.

His timing with Luck has been a bit off. It's like, blatantly obvious. Give him till week 8-9 to really start evaluating him. 

As for the rest of the WR corps, they look great. I love this spread the ball approach we are embracing more than we have ever before.

The TE duo is looking great as Allen gets more and more into form (back from injury), and Fleener is still soft but he gets separation in match ups that he should be winning. Doyle is another guy not getting enough credit.

Moncrief has played well, and is a heck of a blocker! I want to see more of him as he continues to develop. Nice hands too.

Wayne... I can't say enough about this guys, one of my favorite Colts ever. Amazing that he's still running routes and catching like he never left.

T.Y. Hilton, I get so worried about this guy after he gets hit sometimes, he has such a small frame--I hope he can stay healthy, it seems that teams are completely aware of him now after his breakout season. He still makes plays, but I don't think he'll be as explosive. He's do a couple of big games soon though, we have too many weapons on offense for him not slip passed a defense eventually.

The RBs are doing great in the passing game, especially Bradshaw. Trent improved from last season, still a bit slow on some of his decisions though. He is at least following blocks better this time around.

This is promising, we'll face our first true test against Baltimore. The first couple of weeks looked like an offense struggling to find an identity, and we honestly looked like we had no chemistry. But it seems like that is slowly starting to fade away with our player getting more comfortable.

So Fleener is soft? Sounds like some 'in' word which is doing the rounds. He had a defender draped all over him just prior to his TD catch, and just swatted him off like a pesky fly. Had that been Allen this board would have been in an orgasmic meltdown. Show some respect for the guy when it is due.

Not aimed at you directly, more at the general crowd who find him an easy target.

Posted · Hidden by SteelCityColt, October 4, 2014 - Baiting
Hidden by SteelCityColt, October 4, 2014 - Baiting

I'd like to see it suss out like our 2009 squad did. When Clark, Wayne and Harrison all had over 100 catches. Though we have more variety in weaponry than that Manning led Colts squad did, so having Nicks (or any other guy) getting 100 to match Hilton/Wayne would be a long shot. 

You might want to recheck that memory, cause it does not exist in real life.

Posted · Hidden by SteelCityColt, October 4, 2014 - Personal Shot
Hidden by SteelCityColt, October 4, 2014 - Personal Shot

You might want to recheck that memory, cause it does not exist in real life.

Ah, forgot Harrison was done by then. I'm sure most of us remember the snow game in Buffalo when our starters didn't need to play. They kept Wayne and Clark in just long enough to get  exactly 100 receptions. 

"It does not exist in real life". You came off like a bit of a tool. There are better ways to correct someone. 

Posted · Hidden by SteelCityColt, October 4, 2014 - Quoting Hidden Post
Hidden by SteelCityColt, October 4, 2014 - Quoting Hidden Post

Ah, forgot Harrison was done by then. I'm sure most of us remember the snow game in Buffalo when our starters didn't need to play. They kept Wayne and Clark in just long enough to get  exactly 100 receptions. 

"It does not exist in real life". You came off like a bit of a tool. There are better ways to correct someone. 

How can you forget that Harrison was done by then?

How can you forget that Harrison was done by then?

Because there's more going on in the last 5 years of my life than Colts football? 

Anywho....I would've bet money that we had 3 receivers over 100 that year. I would've lost money, obviously. This is why I don't bet. 

Nicks isn't exactly the receiver I thought Indy would be getting when they signed him. He doesn't seem to be open to get many targets, and hasn't looked that great, aside from his redone presence. (12 receptions on 18 targets)

Moncrief looks pretty promising on the other hand. He seems to be open when he's on the field, and catches what targets he gets. (8 catches on 9 targets)

Now, I know this is a small sample size, and it may be a bit early, but when do you start giving some of Nicks' playing time to Moncrief? I'm starting to doubt there would be much drop off in play, if any.

Or maybe I'm just being a bit premature here 

here , 

Because there's more going on in the last 5 years of my life than Colts football? 

Anywho....I would've bet money that we had 3 receivers over 100 that year. I would've lost money, obviously. This is why I don't bet. 

Yeah, I would stay away from making football bets if I were you. ;)

As to the bold text, It is impossible for me to have empathy. That is something that I just cannot comprehend. 

Yeah, I would stay away from making football bets if I were you. ;)

As to the bold text, It is impossible for me to have empathy. That is something that I just cannot comprehend. 

Are you being serious?

You find it egregious to forget Marvin's last year was 2009 instead 2008? I mean....if his last year was 2003, you'd have a point. 

That's a pretty dumb stance to take for someone pretending to be so smart. Smart guy. 

Are you being serious?

You find it egregious to forget Marvin's last year was 2009 instead 2008? I mean....if his last year was 2003, you'd have a point. 

That's a pretty dumb stance to take for someone pretending to be so smart. Smart guy. 

To the bold text, I will ask you the same thing. Are you Serious? 

I have no idea how anyone who avidly follows the Colts can be confused about Harrison playing for the Colts in 2009, the same year that the "Indianapolis" Colts lost to the Saints in the Super Bowl.

That kind of pain is not something easily forgotten.

Harrison was not on that team, because the pain says it is so.

I like Nicks and I really like what I think Moncrief Is going to become. Grigson's best two steals in the draft might very well end up being Moncrief and Hilton in a couple of years.

I agree. The wide receivers are certainly easy to measure with stats. 

To the bold text, I will ask you the same thing. Are you Serious? 

I have no idea how anyone who avidly follows the Colts can be confused about Harrison playing for the Colts in 2009, the same year that the "Indianapolis" Colts lost to the Saints in the Super Bowl.

That kind of pain is not something easily forgotten.

Harrison was not on that team, because the pain says it is so.

I wish I was a real fan like you. 

It was something I said off-the-cuff while likely doing any number of things IRL. Not a big deal, nor hard to wrap your head around. I'm actually taken aback by your attitude toward me about such a thing. I would've thought like 2 posts ago you'd say something like "No big deal, I forget stuff all the time" But no, you had to be all weird about it. 

mountain-or-molehill-350x280.jpg#mountai

Added to ignore. I simply cannot tolerate forum warrior jerks like you. 

Posted · Hidden by SteelCityColt, October 4, 2014 - QUoting H
Hidden by SteelCityColt, October 4, 2014 - QUoting H

I wish I was a real fan like you. 

Now.....@#$% off. 

There is no need to curse at me just because you were wrong about something.

You may feel a little embarrassed. Sure. I can see why after this statement:

I'd like to see it suss out like our 2009 squad did. When Clark, Wayne and Harrison all had over 100 catches. Though we have more variety in weaponry than that Manning led Colts squad did, so having Nicks (or any other guy) getting 100 to match Hilton/Wayne would be a long shot.

I am not sure how anyone can "remember" Harrison on the 2009 team, yet alone believe he had 100 catches. 

That just plain and simply did not happen.

You can curse at me all you want to about it, but it still will not change the facts. 

Added to ignore. I simply cannot tolerate forum warrior jerks like you. 

So you make a statement that is incorrect, someone corrects the statement, then you curse the person, ignore the person, and then edit the cursing to calling the person a jerk?

Is anyone else noticing a troubling trend here?

Next to Reggie, you could say that Nicks has one of the best hands in the NFL and he can get off press.  We just need him to get more targets, didn't he make a name for himself because of the back shoulder fade?  Moncrief has great speed, size and  has looked good.  I'd go with either.

I'm thinking Nicks will be targeted when coverage is tight. He really tends to shines when there's a battle for space. This Ravens game may very well that type.

Moncrief reminds me of Reggie in some ways; great hands, true professional, skilled technician, and no hype or drama! I'm seeing him as a player with a very, very bright future.