Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

future at safety

GOCOLTS_ROLLTIDE

It would be Sooooooo amazing if we can grab landon Collins from Bama next yr... I know I'm being a Homer but I love my Colts as much as I love the tide

I knew this was coming haha

The moment he made the play I was like "I know GoColtsRollTide has to be doing backflips watching this game"

haha

Off-topic.... But since this is talking about college, if Tevin Coleman is there in the 2nd round from IU and we don't resign Bradshaw... We should absolutely draft him, that kid is an absolute stud. 

I'd love to get Ryan Mathews to take over for Bradshaw.

I love Collins and would definitely draft him as I think he's a perfect scheme fit for what we want at safety.

Off-topic.... But since this is talking about college, if Tevin Coleman is there in the 2nd round from IU and we don't resign Bradshaw... We should absolutely draft him, that kid is an absolute stud. 

Being from IU he might be there a lot later that the 2nd . I think his running style fits us perfect good cuts tuff runner get north and south through about any crease . Would love to see that kid play for the Colts next year .

Ryan Matthews that plays for the Chargers?

Always injured Ryan?

Ryan who's when not injured fumbling Ryan?

Yes. I was speaking in terms of replacing Bradshaw who himself isn't exactly renowned for being an iron man but splitting carries hopefully reduces the potential injury risk he'd otherwise be facing. Every running back fumbles, its just important to make sure not to fumble at critical times.

Yes. I was speaking in terms of replacing Bradshaw who himself isn't exactly renowned for being an iron man but splitting carries hopefully reduces the potential injury risk he'd otherwise be facing. Every running back fumbles, its just important to make sure not to fumble at critical times.

Doubt SD let's him go and even then it'd be a long look at signing him. Not exactly good to bring a injury prone player to a team that struggles with injuries

Indy is a walking health hazard seems like

Doubt SD let's him go and even then it'd be a long look at signing him. Not exactly good to bring a injury prone player to a team that struggles with injuries

Indy is a walking health hazard seems like

Yea, I'm not sure how likely he is to hit the market, just a fan of his and like what he could potentially bring to the team. The yearly rash of injuries is intriguing and I wonder what it is about Indy that is so different from the rest of the league that results in so many injuries.

Yea, I'm not sure how likely he is to hit the market, just a fan of his and like what he could potentially bring to the team. The yearly rash of injuries is intriguing and I wonder what it is about Indy that is so different from the rest of the league that results in so many injuries.

Well, I'm in the playoffs in Madden 15 so I'll see if Matthews is available in FA and if he is I'll sign him and let you know how it works out haha

From watching our defense I think the lber positions are more important than the safety position. We need some work at ilber and olber. I think Werner is more suited for Sam. Mathis is getting up there so we will need to groom a rush backer. Unless Werner can make huge strides this year. While I like our ILbers and they are decent. They are no too teir strike fear backers ala Lewis, Willis type.

From watching our defense I think the lber positions are more important than the safety position. We need some work at ilber and olber. I think Werner is more suited for Sam. Mathis is getting up there so we will need to groom a rush backer. Unless Werner can make huge strides this year. While I like our ILbers and they are decent. They are no too teir strike fear backers ala Lewis, Willis type.

While I agree that ILB is an important position and needs an upgrade, I'm not sure its any more important than safety. The safeties allow the corners to play on islands and take away the pass more effectively. I also think Werner will be best at Sam and another rush will be needed. I think Jabari Hunt-Days from Georgia Tech would be an excellent pick in the third or fourth rounds.

Safety is our #1 need next season. 

#2 is pass rush.

Bradshaw if he isn't broken should be re-signed. 

I don't think so.

Replacing Mathis is our #1 need.     Gotta have the push rush.     We're going to go all season long without much of one.

Safety is #2.      2nd round should be fine for getting a safety.

I don't think so.

Replacing Mathis is our #1 need.     Gotta have the push rush.     We're going to go all season long without much of one.

Safety is #2.      2nd round should be fine for getting a safety.

Mathis has another year on his contract.

In terms of draft, we need safety and pass rush but you take the better player.

We also might want to consider FA for maybe a 1 year deal til our younger players are ready.

Mathis has another year on his contract.

In terms of draft, we need safety and pass rush but you take the better player.

We also might want to consider FA for maybe a 1 year deal til our younger players are ready.

Mathis could have 10 more years on his contract, and my view would be the same.

Because he also has a blown Achilles tendon and he's about to be 33.  

The Colts must proceed as if Mathis is NOT coming back.     He might.   But he might not.   The odds can't be better than 50-50 and might even be worse.     And even if he makes it back,  it's possible he won't be the same quality, and it's also possible he won't make it back until after the season starts.

Guys at Mathis' age often take longer to come back than someone 5-10 years younger.

I honestly don't think the Colts have a choice.