Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

we didn't get blown out (Colts @ Broncos)

Stephen

I didn't think you would. I picked Denver slightly only because of home field. At the end, Fox and Manning had that 5000 mile stare, as things were starting to slip away. I don't see Denver as a Super Bowl winner.

I agreed....Peyton just needs to play...he NEEDS to stay in rythem...just like against NE...even when your running and being effective for him to be able to make the big throws you can't go to long without him throwing it. Why the Broncos didn't finish the game like they did against SD in the playoffs I will never know...just let him put a drive together....they need to learn how to finish games with a lead....even if its passing I would rather go down with Peyton throwing then running into a brick wall. Their LBs got exposed....they are weak there...but they left A TON of plays on the field too. LOTS of drops by DT and Caldwell and some stupid holding penalties...as much as we left out there...they did too..including a fumbled onside kick. They have been plagued by dumb plays and turnovers killing drives etc but they got lucky last night....if they take care of the ball I think there defense is good enough to win against most...and we will see about Seattle...that said NE is a match up nightmare for them.....they STRUGGLE to stop short passes, throws to the backs out of the backfield and covering TEs....their LBs are poor without Travethan...that is NEs bread and butter...that game will be close!

The Colts didn't spot the Broncos 24.  The Broncos score 24 points before the Colts were able to score any... big difference.

Too right. Several times they stopped themselves with drops and penalties too...it wasn't like we stoned them in the second half...they played like we did in the first...shot themselves in the foot.

Yes sir !!!  Bring the broncos back to Indy and we will beat them handily, just like we did last year !!!

Well...that might be hard since they are a game up and own the tie breaker now....but I agree it would be another good game.

You cant describe a 6 point win as beating them "handily". As of today, Broncos have the last laugh against the Colts.

The Broncos shouldn't be laughing at anything except for Indy in the first half and themselves in the second.  According to the media, Denver shouldn't have even had to take the field to win the game.  Why didn't that happen?