Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

After week 2

Warhorse

So I believe we play the #1 and #2 offense in back to back weeks. Considering the monster is still stretching after rehab, I would consider getting one win out of those two a good start. Regardless of how it looks, 1-1 will still be ok, although 0-2 is certainly not the gloom and doom that will likely be purveyed here like a street corner preacher calling for the end of all things. 

Yes, 2-0 is possible, but an honest look tells me that recent position filling, missing key members, a young oline will have not insurmountable, but undeniable effects on these first two games. It would do well to remember that this is the first time since Lucks Sophomore year that he has had the same OC 2 years in a row. By week 4, I think defenses will be saying oh crap....we have to play that? 

I think Denver is very lucky they are at home. No Welker or Moreno those were Peyton's security blankets last year. I think they are going to miss Moreno's blocking more than they realize. Last year might have been the first time Ball saw a pass not a lot of that in Wisconsin. Decker is gone I don't think in the long run that is a huge deal but week 1... He certainly won't be as dialed in with the other WR's as he was with Decker. They have a lot of new pieces on D to get working on the same page.  We have a huge advantage on special teams.  I think we match up better in that game than people are giving us credit for. 

We will win the home owner.

Well we have the same DB unit beside Bethea and we did ok against Denver then and I think we will be fine this year against them. What I can't wait to see is how our ILB core is with Jackson, Freeman, McNary and Muamba. A lot of the improvement will be due to the D-line but even with that I really like what we have at the inside backers position. The truth is we will know alot about our team after weeks 1@2.. 

I think Denver is very lucky they are at home. No Welker or Moreno those were Peyton's security blankets last year. I think they are going to miss Moreno's blocking more than they realize. Last year might have been the first time Ball saw a pass not a lot of that in Wisconsin. Decker is gone I don't think in the long run that is a huge deal but week 1... He certainly won't be as dialed in with the other WR's as he was with Decker. They have a lot of new pieces on D to get working on the same page.  We have a huge advantage on special teams.  I think we match up better in that game than people are giving us credit for. 

We will win the home owner.

The Bronco's have known about Welker's suspension for four weeks. They have been preparing for him not to be on the field. Manning knew there was a strong possibility Welker would not be there so I think he will be tuned in just fine. Welker missed three games last season and the Bronco's still scored over 30 points a game. That was without the knowledge of Welker missing games. It is no big deal in week one knowing ahead of time. I do agree that we do match up better than most think.

The Bronco's have known about Welker's suspension for four weeks. They have been preparing for him not to be on the field. Manning knew there was a strong possibility Welker would not be there so I think he will be tuned in just fine. Welker missed three games last season and the Bronco's still scored over 30 points a game. That was without the knowledge of Welker missing games. It is no big deal in week one knowing ahead of time. I do agree that we do match up better than most think.

Do you have a link everything reported on sports radio and NFL network has said yes they knew but expected him to play. Or are you assuming?

I am not assuming nothing. Welker's test was taken right after the Kentucky Derby. Welker knew the results right away and appealed it. The appeal did not work and he received his games off. This was talked about all morning on the Mike and Mike show this morning. Welker has known all along and the Bronco's also knew. If and when I assume anything I normally follow it with an IMO. I am sorry you took offense because what your comment was suggesting was that this was something new and it wasn't.