Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

LeGarrette Blount and LeVeon Bell arrested for weed in traffic stop

Nobody

That's incorrect. 4 games for PEDS not weed. You have to fail multiple tests to be suspended for weed

But.,.being arrested is different from failing a test...you only have to be arrested one time..

..and I think you might want o check that....violation of the substance abuse policy if 4 games..

..and yes.....no one is every disciplned for failing one test

,..but again...young men will break rules repeatedly as a badge of honor

But.,.being arrested is different from failing a test...you only have to be arrested one time..

..and I think you might want o check that....violation of the substance abuse policy if 4 games..

..and yes.....no one is every disciplned for failing one test

,..but again...young men will break rules repeatedly as a badge of honor

Being arrested is a violation of the conduct policy. First offense can be up to two game suspension (ray rice)

PEDS is a four game suspension for the first offense (mathis)

The fact we are using police time and money for nonviolent and non harmful weed is ridiculous. We are crowding our prisons with people who don't pose a threat to society. Plus taxing it brings in much more money to the government and brings down violent crime associated with dealing it.

Never heard a person say property rights are a reason for legalization because property rights are more upheld by conservatives and weed legalization is more liberal, that doesn't make sense.

Weed for kids is very harmful..it affects the brain

Legal weed arguments are weak because they speak in the abstract...and for adults and their desires

In the real world....High school. Middle school. legal weed is a disaster.

Find any teacher who thinks his or her students should have access to legal wed.

..and if you legalize it for 19-year-olds...15 and 14 year olds who do not have it now will get it.

What's best for kids. Weed or no weed

Legal weed arguments are weak because they speak in the abstract...and for adults and their desires

Find any teacher who thinks his or her students should have access to legal wed.

..and if you legalize it for 19-year-olds...15 and 14 year olds who do not have it now will get it.

Booze is actually more harmful. So your argument should include that as well

jvan1973 posted Yesterday, 07:10 PM

I swear these guys are *s. How hard is it to give up the chronic until you retire in a few years.

i think they can be drug tested year around

From what I understand they could.  But what really happens is, off season testing is fairly sparse until around April.  From then until the beginning of the season , the drug tests check for PED's and recreational substances. Once the season begins, and provided you haven't already been caught with recreational substances before,  if you get picked as one of the 10 out 53 to be tested for that week, you get tested for PED's, not the performance reducing recreational substances.  If you have tested positive for the non PED stuff before, you are in a intervention treatment program at some level (1,2, or 3) and are targeted to be tested for anything, at anytime on the spot when directed.  And if you continue to test positive, the intervention program level goes up and suspensions get longer.  At some point (like Josh Gordon is at now) he is a hair width away from banishment.  Because some folks just can't stay off it even with treatment programs to help them.  GM's want no part of someone like that.

So the formula, when it gets close to OTA's and mini camp stop the using.  Get through OTA's, mini camp, and training camp.  If you are fortunate and make the roster, hold off a little more until game 1 and the game checks begin to roll in.  Don't ever get 'on the list' of testing positive for recreational substances.  Ever. Then you can safely smoke the pain of the game hits away during the season.  But don't try to use agents 'to get better', or you may get tested and popped with a suspension.

No its not most.

We just disagree on that..From someone who has dealt with kids all my life...with respect..you are wrong...

The foundation of anything involving young people is discipline...and young people with fame and money have major problems accepting authority and rules..as they get into their late teens and early 20s

Most of them. It is the first thing that must be addressed in any group work scenario

We just disagree on that..From someone who has dealt with kids all my life...with respect..you are wrong...

The foundation of anything involving young people is discipline...and young people with fame and money have major problems accepting authority and rules..as they get into their late teens and early 20s

Most of them. It is the first thing that must be addressed in any group work scenario

I have worked with young people my entire adult life. Your right, discipline is key. Those who grow up without it are likely to end up in trouble. But it still isn't most. Is some

The fact we are using police time and money for nonviolent and non harmful weed is ridiculous. We are crowding our prisons with people who don't pose a threat to society. Plus taxing it brings in much more money to the government and brings down violent crime associated with dealing it.

Never heard a person say property rights are a reason for legalization because property rights are more upheld by conservatives and weed legalization is more liberal, that doesn't make sense.

Political comments are inappropriate...but...the arguments for why incidents like this should be no big deal generally involve that political issue.  And you're right...the arguments are generally based upon some underlying premise that really has little bearing on the issue.

My position is.....what is the benefit to society of legalizing a substance that has no other purpose than imparing a person's judgment?  And using alcohol as a reason would be saying that achieving pure equality is a higher priority than making reasonable decisions. 

I'll leave it at that and get back to football....

Booze is actually more harmful. So your argument should include that as well

That's a false paralell.....because we aren't talking about legalizing alcohol... its already legal. cant take it back.

The inability to learn and remember things is detrimental to kids..and no one questions that weed hurts your judgement and ability to learn and retain.

The questions are:....do you think weed is good for kids and do you want far more kids than do now to smoke weed?.

If you do.....legalize it...and they will....

I have worked with young people my entire adult life. Your right, discipline is key. Those who grow up without it are likely to end up in trouble. But it still isn't most. Is some

I am a little more hard lined. To me //discipline is the ability (and willingness) to obey rules and laws and authority.

I'm not saying all young people are bad. Im saying almost all kids break rules and laws by nature. Its natural rebellion that must be worked out of them or they will fail in society....legally, professionally and socially..

But getting back to weed. My problem with NFL players smoking weed is that they cannot possibly know its not against rules and laws.

They cannot possibly say they have not ever been told not to smoke weed.

Its not a pain killer or a brain enhancer. They get high because they like to get high.

Its just an effort to break rules for selfish feel good reasons.....and that's why it needs to be penalized...in a work strcture.

The goal is to be able to succeed...not to be free smoke weed.

You have to 'get it' as a player and In a result oriented group like an NFL team..you must be forced to 'get it' .

I am a little more hard lined. To me //discipline is the ability (and willingness) to obey rules and laws and authority.

I'm not saying all young people are bad. Im saying almost all kids break rules and laws by nature. Its natural rebellion that must be worked out of them or they will fail in society....legally, professionally and socially..

But getting back to weed. My problem with NFL players smoking weed is that they cannot possibly know its not against rules and laws.

They cannot possibly say they have not ever been told not to smoke weed.

Its not a pain killer or a brain enhancer. They get high because they like to get high.

Its just an effort to break rules for selfish feel good reasons.....and that's why it needs to be penalized...in a work strcture.

The goal is to be able to succeed...not to be free smoke weed.

You have to 'get it' as a player and In a result oriented group like an NFL team..you must be forced to 'get it' .

Marijuana is an effective pain killer

http://www.m.webmd.com/pain-management/news/20100830/marijuana-relieves-chronic-pain-research-show

What do we think Le'veon is looking at suspension wise? I just drafted him in fantasy, and I'm rather disappointed...

Depends upon what the blood test they took on him shows.  If they charge Bell with DUI, Goodell could use the conduct detrimental clause and punish outside of the Substance Abuse policy that's in place.  Blount likely won't get suspended, unless he already has a positive test result, strike one (which almost nobody in the Public arena know about).  Time will tell, but Goodell isn't in a hurry dishing these punishments recently.  Been really going over them case by case it seems.

You're not suggesting it is OK to smoke and drive under the influence are you? That they are not posing a threat to society?  Irsay is in hot water over opiates DUI, other folks get caught with alcohol DUI.  The public gets riled up to frothing that these folks are wielding a potentially deadly weapon at society.  Why wouldn't being loaded on THC not garner the same response?  Just not quite getting it here...

LeGarrette Blount and LeVeon Bell arrested for weed in traffic stop

Started by Nobody, Today, 01:07 AM

No way. Who would believe this. I can't believe it. I mean who ever saw anything like this coming from these dudes. I'm just flabbergasted.

You're not suggesting it is OK to smoke and drive under the influence are you? That they are not posing a threat to society? Irsay is in hot water over opiates DUI, other folks get caught with alcohol DUI. The public gets riled up to frothing that these folks are wielding a potentially deadly weapon at society. Why wouldn't being loaded on THC not garner the same response? Just not quite getting it here...

oh no no DUI is of course ridiculously stupid and dangerous, not what I meant.

This will be my last post about this because it's not the place for politics, but legalization won't be for kids, and kids can get the weed if they want to legal or not.

Legal marijuana you have to be 21 or older. But yea weed is fairly easy to get your hands on if you want it legal or not

That is a fact...no doubt.  But it doesn't justify legalization.  It would have to be prescribed...not grown in a backyard.

So if legalized as a medicine, the parallel would not be alcohol.....it would be other prescription pain killers.....and we have seen the problems they cause.  We probably have enough legal pain killers already.

That is a fact...no doubt. But it doesn't justify legalization. It would have to be prescribed...not grown in a backyard.

So if legalized as a medicine, the parallel would not be alcohol.....it would be other prescription pain killers.....and we have seen the problems they cause. We probably have enough legal pain killers already.

I agree somewhat Where marijuana differs from most other pain killers is it doesn't have physically addictive qualities.

Yes, indeed it is.  So is Hydrocodone, Oxycodone, Fentanyl, Tramadol, and Codeine, etc...  I can't see the FDA letting any of those be sold OTC in your local CVS/Walgreens, let alone conjure any of these up in ones own residence.  Same with THC / Cannabis. If they legalize it, it should be as a controlled substance and with strict dispensing rules.  Fines and sentences should be largely increase for black/grey market manufacturing and distributing.

I agree somewhat Where marijuana differs from most other pain killers is it doesn't have physically addictive qualities.

While not like alcohol or opioid's, that's true, it has been proven to have some physical and psychological withdrawal effects.  A great read on the herb can be found at the Brown (private Ivy League research university) web site- here:

http://www.brown.edu/Student_Services/Health_Services/Health_Education/alcohol,_tobacco,_&_other_drugs/marijuana.php

Sorry, Ganja isn't the all innocent analgesic many of its supporters would have us believe.  With this post, I am signing out of this particular segment of the thread. Concentrating only on Bell and Blount and their circumstances..

While not like alcohol or opioid's, that's true, it has been proven to have some physical and psychological withdrawal effects. A great read on the herb can be found at the Brown (private Ivy League research university) web site- here:

http://www.brown.edu/Student_Services/Health_Services/Health_Education/alcohol,_tobacco,_&_other_drugs/marijuana.php

Sorry, Ganja isn't the all innocent analgesic many of its supporters would have us believe. With this post, I am signing out of this particular segment of the thread. Concentrating only on Bell and Blount and their circumstances..

The physical dependency from THC is real, but fast less impactful then opiods and alcohol. Withdrawal from alcohol or opiods can cause brain damage and death. Withdrawal from THC is more like caffeine, leading to irritibility and cravings.

There is some evidence for harmful longterm effects of marijuana, especially with heavy or high potency users. It's unclear whether this association is causative, or if people prone to psychosis tend to be more likely to seek it in the first place.

Still think it should be legalized, or at least should be reclassified to a lower schedule.

While not like alcohol or opioid's, that's true, it has been proven to have some physical and psychological withdrawal effects. A great read on the herb can be found at the Brown (private Ivy League research university) web site- here:

Sorry, Ganja isn't the all innocent analgesic many of its supporters would have us believe. With this post, I am signing out of this particular segment of the thread. Concentrating only on Bell and Blount and their circumstances..

As always, I learn a lot from your posts.

I have a different question for you, Professor. :) One poster here suggests that "most" NFL players smoke marijuana. I don't believe that but I have nothing to back that up. What are your thoughts on that?

As always, I learn a lot from your posts.

I have a different question for you, Professor. :) One poster here suggests that "most" NFL players smoke marijuana. I don't believe that but I have nothing to back that up. What are your thoughts on that?

I don't pose to know that answer. Pressed to give an opinion, I would guess that once the season has begun, better than 50%, but by how much I do not know.  Those who have tested positive are trying not to, because the get another level of intervention and a longer suspension if testing positive.  Some would never do it anyway.  A few would succumb to peer pressure.  The rest seek it out. But As I mentioned in a previous post, in season testing of players that are not currently on the substance abuse list are tested for PED's during the season, not performance reducing drugs, stuff like THC etc...  So more than likely, they can get away with it.  And as long as they aren't driving around with it in their systems, and it isn't broadcast publicly, I don't care.

That sounds a little like racial profiling to me. 1pm hot and humid no AC in that car? Who smokes weed with the windows down?  A good attorney will get the charges to go away but the damage is done. 

How is that racial profiling? It don't matter what time of day it is. They had weed in the car. When the cop smelled the pot that is all he needs for probable cause. They even admitted they had the weed.