Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Peyton and Cam Newton Commercials [Merge]

Nobody

Funny, I wonder if those were real reactions.

I'm glad someone else asked. Some of these seemed like legitimate reactions and others definitely seemed staged...I generally just assume they're all staged.

These videos brought up an interesting question though. What would I do if a recognized star athlete walked up to me and rubbed his/her sweat on my face with a hug?

I thought it dragged a bit. The girl was kind of lousy with her acting. Should have had Peyton appear sooner. He was great.

Acting? Aren't these simply unsuspecting store customers who just try & buy some Gatorade & they stumble across a famous NFL QB behind the counter? Like a blooper or hidden camera reel. 

I thought that the girl in post #8 with the orange top was funny because her reaction to me said that she had no idea who in the world #18 was. That's always more comical to me when celebrities don't get recognized. 

Plus, I like how she dilutes her demand down to a childlike conversation. "Okay, I just wanna buy this Gatorade. How do we make that happen?" Her tone & speech even slows down like addressing a Kindergardener. 

How come none of these customers get really mad BTW. "Look man, my money is green. Give me the darn drink of my choice ASAP or face my wrath okay. I don't have time for this nonsense." 

Also, how come no customer ever says "Hey Peyton, I despise you as the most overrated QB in the NFL & I laughed my butt off when the Hawks demolished the Broncos." My point is this: Not every fan worships Peyton. I respect him, but 18 is not beloved on every corner of the globe that's all I'm saying. 

Acting? Aren't these simply unsuspecting store customers who just try & buy some Gatorade & they stumble across a famous NFL QB behind the counter? Like a blooper or hidden camera reel.

I thought that the girl in post #8 with the orange top was funny because her reaction to me said that she had no idea who in the world #18 was. That's always more comical to me when celebrities don't get recognized.

Plus, I like how she dilutes her demand down to a childlike conversation. "Okay, I just wanna buy this Gatorade. How do we make that happen?" Her tone & speech even slows down like addressing a Kindergardener.

How come none of these customers get really mad BTW. "Look man, my money is green. Give me the darn drink of my choice ASAP or face my wrath okay. I don't have time for this nonsense."

Also, how come no customer ever says "Hey Peyton, I despise you as the most overrated QB in the NFL & I laughed my butt off when the Hawks demolished the Broncos." My point is this: Not every fan worships Peyton. I respect him, but 18 is not beloved on every corner of the globe that's all I'm saying.

I wonder where the gas station is located.

It was acting. You could tell. Most people would recognize Peyton.

Unreal candy did a spot with Brady in a CVS and had him do a staring contest. Everyone recognized him. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pkp03HdkUJs

I cant tell whether the customers were actors or whether this was a 'candid camera' kinda thing.

....some folks immediately knew it was Peyton and some just thought he was some jerk assistant manager..

.....I thought they were actors but some seemed to know they were being 'punked' when they saw who 'my boss' was...

Unreal candy did a spot with Brady in a CVS and had him do a staring contest. Everyone recognized him. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pkp03HdkUJs

It always amazes me how you always find a way to put Brady in a thread on the Colts Forum board that doesn't even mention him.  :sigh: This thread was about Cam and Peyton.  Been gone for a long time but things never change. :funny:

It always amazes me how you always find a way to put Brady in a thread on the Colts Forum board that doesn't even mention him.  :sigh: This thread was about Cam and Peyton.  Been gone for a long time but things never change. :funny:

Hello to you too Susie.

It was an analogy given SWs comment about the acting. Did you even bother to read the post and click the link or just decided to jump in and criticize?

Hello to you too Susie.

It was an analogy given SWs comment about the acting. Did you even bother to read the post and click the link or just decided to jump in and criticize?

Thought you just don't understand my posts.

Susie is saying you find a way to drag Brady into a thread where the topic is Peyton and Cam. There are so many other NFL players video but you have to post Brady's is her point.

Thought you just don't understand my posts.

Susie is saying you find a way to drag Brady into a thread where the topic is Peyton and Cam. There are so many other NFL players video but you have to post Brady's is her point.

I understood her post in case you missed it but was pointing off she was off-base in her opinion given the Brady commercial is a perfect example of spot where the "every day" people were not acting unlike the Manning spot. I can't think of another one. If you can, please post it.

Here is your favorite.

I agree Shane. Richard tends to get a bum wrap, but I admire his humility, intelligence, calculated bravo, & willingness to play along with NFL fans who take a moment or 2 before they figure out what corner their are actually talking to. LOL! 

I will grant you AMF that yes 85% of the US population could easily recognize Peyton Manning, but I could probably go to some remote corner on the continent of Africa & find a person who doesn't know who 18 is. Not every village has access to the internet, wifi technology, cell phones, & satellite or cable technology though even in 2014. 

I still believe that this woman in the orange top had no idea who Peyton was & she was just perplexed as to why she was not allowed to complete her purchase. Is it possible that she was just dumbfounded about who was standing in front of her? Perhaps, but it also entirely possible that she thought who in the hades is this stranger & why is he throwing my Gatorade across the room? This man needs psychological help pronto.

Yeah, I remember the Tom Brady skit at the CVS store & while most people knew who Tom Brady was there was at 1 woman who had no clue who Brady was or what his occupation was. 

The best part of this clip is the customer who doesn't like the Tony Romo jersey on a rack nearby.  :lol:

The Redskins & the Cowboys fan base do have a strong dislike for each other which always makes for great game day rivalry. I'm sure Tony is a nice guy personally, but the silver & blue star always brings out my desire to pulverize something. LOL! That's my family's heritage: Detesting Dallas like a purple heart badge of honor beaming with pride when they lose. Ha! Ha! 

Another one for you.Same sports.

I like the customer who brings up RB Danny Woodhead. I still have no idea why NE let him go actually. I would never criticize BB but that move was a huge head scratcher to me. I respect Woodhead a lot & I know Philip Rivers loves having Danny in San Diego. I have a fondness for short, tough as nails, thumper RBs like Mr. Woodhead because of their low center of gravity, losing track of them in a pileup, & their legs are always churning & falling forward. He's a tremendous offensive asset IMO. 

the Brady commercial is a perfect example of spot where the "every day" people were not acting unlike the Manning spot. 

I just appreciate athletes like Brady & Manning who can poke fun at their own squeaky clean images...Manning with that Saturday Night Live skit about being a mentor to small children & Brady for enduring criticism over his usual hair styles over the years & Brazilian dance moves.

I know; I know 18 can't exactly light up the disco ball dance floor either...Neither can I for that matter. LOL! 

http://youtu.be/3VbSwJaUeCU

I wonder where the gas station is located.

Good question Shane. You'd think the store owner would want to get some free publicity out of the deal like buy your snacks, beverages, & petrol at the same building where a SB Champion QB & 5 time MVP filmed a Gatorade commercial. 

Whenever you have a sale on items or fuel, call it the "Omaha Special" of the month. Just Kidding!

The best part of this clip is the customer who doesn't like the Tony Romo jersey on a rack nearby.  :lol:

The Redskins & the Cowboys fan base do have a strong dislike for each other which always makes for great game day rivalry. I'm sure Tony is a nice guy personally, but the silver & blue star always brings out my desire to pulverize something. LOL! That's my family's heritage: Detesting Dallas like a purple heart badge of honor beaming with pride when they lose. Ha! Ha! 

I know, it was so funny.

You know Ryan Kerrigan in this outfit reminds me so much of Clark Kent "Superman". He just looks like him :).

I will grant you AMF that yes 85% of the US population could easily recognize Peyton Manning, but I could probably go to some remote corner on the continent of Africa & find a person who doesn't know who 18 is. Not every village has access to the internet, wifi technology, cell phones, & satellite or cable technology though even in 2014. 

I still believe that this woman in the orange top had no idea who Peyton was & she was just perplexed as to why she was not allowed to complete her purchase. Is it possible that she was just dumbfounded about who was standing in front of her? Perhaps, but it also entirely possible that she thought who in the hades is this stranger & why is he throwing my Gatorade across the room? This man needs psychological help pronto.

Yeah, I remember the Tom Brady skit at the CVS store & while most people knew who Tom Brady was there was at 1 woman who had no clue who Brady was or what his occupation was. 

Yeah, I don't think it is just the recognition of Peyton but her willingness to "go along" and do yoga. She said she was hung over and does not so much as put up a fight for not being sold the Gatorade. I would think she would have come off as angry and then when she saw Peyton, started smiling.