Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Arizona 32, Houston 0?

oldunclemark

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Fitzpatrick is the bridge to the next great QB. There wasn't one available in this draft so they made the best of it. They made that defense scary as hell. A great QB will fall to them in the next two or three years and they will immediately become the elite team in the South in my opinion because the Colts have no Oline and the defense is still not very good. It is funny that the Colts are exactly what they were under Peyton. A great QB with very good receivers and problems just about everywhere else.

Ummm stating things as if they are facts when this season hasnt even started and nothing has been proven? And let's worry about 2-3 seasons from now when those seasons come around. The colts took good strides to improve that Defense with Jones and Jackson. Health is the biggest thing that will bite us if anything. Holmes will be back before too long. You must forget too that we had something like 16 guys on IR last year. Yes our D has not really been great in tbe past but that does not not mean the same for the future. Were taking the the right steps and it takes time. As far the Texans go Andre isnt getting any younger and who knows how long Foster will be able to stay healthy plus the have a shaky secondary at best. And no franchise QB. And just because a guy looks great coming out of College doesn't mean he's gonna translate to the NFL. Outside thier Defensive front and and WRs what other real bright spots do they have? Right now its safe to say the colts are pretty much the team of this division. I do see more competition arising over the next 2-3 years though. I dont know I'd be spouting off things as facts as far as the future is concerned when we are not even there yet and there is no evidence.

If the Texans wanted Andre Johnson to get a ring, they'd trade him to New Orleans or Green Bay. Instead they are treating him like crap cause he's sick of losing.

As much as everyone hates Schaub, he was better than FitzHARVARD.

This was their big plan for changes? They got rid of Wade Phillips who was the only thing making their defense work and replaced him with Crennel who we know is a very horrible defensive coach, and Bill O'Brien, what did he do in Penn State?

This team is begging to fail and fail hard. No QB, no coach, no defense, get ready for another 2 win season.

Ummm stating things as if they are facts when this season hasnt even started and nothing has been proven? And let's worry about 2-3 seasons from now when those seasons come around. The colts took good strides to improve that Defense with Jones and Jackson. Health is the biggest thing that will bite us if anything. Holmes will be back before too long. You must forget too that we had something like 16 guys on IR last year. Yes our D has not really been great in tbe past but that does not not mean the same for the future. Were taking the the right steps and it takes time. As far the Texans go Andre isnt getting any younger and who knows how long Foster will be able to stay healthy plus the have a shaky secondary at best. And no franchise QB. And just because a guy looks great coming out of College doesn't mean he's gonna translate to the NFL. Outside thier Defensive front and and WRs what other real bright spots do they have? Right now its safe to say the colts are pretty much the team of this division. I do see more competition arising over the next 2-3 years though. I dont know I'd be spouting off things as facts as far as the future is concerned when we are not even there yet and there is no evidence.

I guess you missed those words "in my opinion" so I was not stating facts and I said so.

If the Texans wanted Andre Johnson to get a ring, they'd trade him to New Orleans or Green Bay. Instead they are treating him like crap cause he's sick of losing.

As much as everyone hates Schaub, he was better than FitzHARVARD.

This was their big plan for changes? They got rid of Wade Phillips who was the only thing making their defense work and replaced him with Crennel who we know is a very horrible defensive coach, and Bill O'Brien, what did he do in Penn State?

This team is begging to fail and fail hard. No QB, no coach, no defense, get ready for another 2 win season.

No defense? Ha! Put Luck on that team and see how far they would go. I would take Houston's defense over Indy's right now and it wouldn't even be close. Crennel is not a horrible defensive coach, he, in fact, is a very good one. He didn't work oput well as a head coach. O'Brien saved Penn State football. What do you read? Why do you think he got this job?

Houston was 2nd in pass defense and 4th overall in yards allowed when they played Denver last December

Im old but Altzheimer's hasn't set in yet..

I know we all talked about how the Texans had a chance to win and they did lead Denver into the 2nd half

That shirt fiekd stuff works both ways. Offenses having to go shorter distances means defenses give up less yards.

Now we all know exhibition games don't matter........and sometimes the score can be misleading...

But getting shut out in an exhibition game means that not only did their 1st sting defense defeat your first string offense..

...and their second string defense shut down your 2nd string offense..

...but their third string defense (guys who may not even be in the NFL in 10 days) jacked up your third string offense...?

Is it too late to rethink that worst-to-first prediction?

Who predicted worst to first for Houston?

I haven't seen any prediction that didn't have Indy winning the AFC south.

I've been away on vacation,   did I miss something?

Personally,  I wouldn't view this as Houston being that bad....   I'd be more likely to view things as Arizona being that good....

But,  your mileage may vary...........

Here is a stat. 2-14 with a veteran team

? What does 2013 have to do with this year? It wasn't too long ago you were praying the Colts didn't go 1-15 when they lost your golden boy. And I wasn't referring to you being the cherry picker but you taking offense to the statement speaks volumes lol.

? What does 2013 have to do with this year? It wasn't too long ago you were praying the Colts didn't go 1-15 when they lost your golden boy. And I wasn't referring to you being the cherry picker but you taking offense to the statement speaks volumes lol.

We have been discussing the 2013 Houston defense. Try to keep up

We have been discussing the 2013 Houston defense. Try to keep up

You try to keep up. I posted a link that you didn't like and for some reason you throw 2-14 out there like it has everything to do with a top 2 defense. If you were anymore transparent you would be a ghost.

You try to keep up. I posted a link that you didn't like and for some reason you throw 2-14 out there like it has everything to do with a top 2 defense. If you were anymore transparent you would be a ghost.

Top two pass defense. Teams don't pass much in the forth quarter when they have the lead

Top two pass defense. Teams don't pass much in the forth quarter when they have the lead

We lost 5 games by three points or less, and nine by a TD or less, so it's not like teams were just scoring on us at will or anything like that. In fact I remember being excited about maybe finally having a win in the last few minutes only for something terrible to happen yet again and we ended up losing instead.

The Houston defense is mediocre by most efficiency stats. YPA, Completion%, and YPP are middle of the pack. Passer rating and YPC allowed are both bottom 10. Missed tackle% is 19th. Dead last in INTs. 29th in sacks. The only stat I see where they finish relatively good is 3rd down% where they rank top 10. 

Don't worry, they have a great coach, a great defense and some playmakers on offense. They just need an adequate QB to get the job done. Fitz can do that until someone else is ready.

How do they have a great coach?

And their defense sucked balls last year.  It's not "great" just because they added Clowney.

How do they have a great coach?

And their defense sucked balls last year.  It's not "great" just because they added Clowney.

No, it isn't. Clowney is just a part of it. Their coach is very well respected anywhere in football. That defense was never as bad as it looked last year. They will rebound bit time this year and Clowney will be a major factor in it. They added a stud to that Dline too.

No, it isn't. Clowney is just a part of it. Their coach is very well respected anywhere in football. That defense was never as bad as it looked last year. They will rebound bit time this year and Clowney will be a major factor in it. They added a stud to that Dline too.

Look at the stats Dustin cited above.  That defense was poor last year.  They looked poor because they were poor.

And you aren't a great coach by any metric if you've never so much as won a single game, ever, in the NFL.

Look at the stats Dustin cited above.  That defense was poor last year.  They looked poor because they were poor.

And you aren't a great coach by any metric if you've never so much as won a single game, ever, in the NFL.

Even if you have never been in the NFL. Pete Carroll is doing pretty well. I sure as hell like Houston's coach better than the Colt's coach.

Those stats don't mean anything. They had a terrible offense that turned the ball over time after time and that defense was on the field way too much. They will finish ahead of the Colts in most defensive stats this year.

One preseason game is one preseason game. Of course Texans fans are wanting to see a better effort, but still... it was one game. After very solid 2011 and 2012 seasons, I don't think the numbers from 2013 provide an accurate reflection of their defense as a whole (in terms of rankings, etc). I don't see them being a top 10 unit but I think they'll be much better across the board than they were last year. I look at 2013 as a bit of an anomaly with that team.

They did not figure out the QB question yet, but I don't blame them for rushing into that. We see that happen all the time, and all it does is set teams back again for years at a time. I wouldn't have wanted Bortles, Manziel, or any of the guys who came out this year. Maybe they could have made more of an effort on a journeyman-type to keep the seat warm for now. 

Even if you have never been in the NFL. Pete Carroll is doing pretty well. I sure as hell like Houston's coach better than the Colt's coach.

You realize this isn't Petes first time coaching in the NFL.

And Pagano has two back to back playoff appearances. O'Brien won't be doing that any time soon

You people drive me insane with worry over Houston competing with the Colts.

Houston doubled up on failed Belichek coaches this off season.

Do you really expect Bill O'Brien to turn these guys into a competitor? I know you act like you're all scared of Houston cause they had a "good draft" but when you look at that coaching staff, it's pretty funny. Romeo Crennel is one of the most overrated under achieving defensive coaches in the league with a lot of hype, and Bill O'Brien went 15-9 at Penn State.

Recipe for disaster.

a8168f0f688637daf1581d3a11bc85746fcccb78

You realize this isn't Petes first time coaching in the NFL.

And Pagano has two back to back playoff appearances. O'Brien won't be doing that any time soon

I think he will and Ariens was responsible for one of those appearances. I think Houston makes the playoffs this year as a wild card team.

Pete Carroll was the Head Coach for the Jets and Patriots before he became head coach again for Seattle. This is his third NFL stint as head coach in the NFL