Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

o-line system

OLD FAN MAN

I'm pretty sure there are no "systems" for pass blocking.

As far as run blocking I believe they use a power man system as opposed to a zone system.

I believe power man is ment for bigger stronger linemen while zone is better for more moble linemen.  

But I'm no expert on blocking systems.

Colts I'm not sure.

But I like zone blocking systems. (I'm sure Trent Richardson does also! ) They give the back a lot more opportunities to turn nothing into something... That's what we used all through High School and I'm sure a lot do.

Also zone blocking is nice becuase the o-line is technically blocking in a certain direction and they are on "tracks" anyone who gets on their tracks get ran over.. If the hole isn't there in zone then the back usually has a cutback lane or two..

Like I said I'm not sure what the Colts is called or really how it works. It seems they try to put as many guys through the hole as they can but the problem with that system is there NEEDS to be a hole made which the Colts offensive line sure the h*** hasn't been able to make so it ends up just being a huge crowd of people..

The backs only change with our o-line and the way they are blocking is to bounce it outside IF it's there.. (Donald brown did a lot)

I'm no expert just trying to help.

what blocking system do the colts use on the o-line and which is better for pass protection, and which is better for run blocking? or we use different systems depending on the play?

Last year our system was more of a "go ahead and pressure our Q, or sack him if you can" system. Hopefully we tweak that system this year to a "maybe we'll actually slow down the d-line" system 

Last year our system was more of a "go ahead and pressure our Q, or sack him if you can" system. Hopefully we tweak that system this year to a "maybe we'll actually slow down the d-line" system

I remember reading a quote from our Oline coach saying we were going zone or man, as needed per opponent. Words to that effect.

I kept thinking, just block dang it!

What he really meant was we would do anything to hang on by the skin of our teeth with the guys we had on the interior line.

I'm pretty sure there are no "systems" for pass blocking.

As far as run blocking I believe they use a power man system as opposed to a zone system.

I believe power man is ment for bigger stronger linemen while zone is better for more moble linemen.

But I'm no expert on blocking systems.

Colts run both, man and zone blocking