Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Indianapolis Colts will host open practice in Anderson

TKnight24

I've never been to a practice, can anyone fill us in on what it entails, how much (or well) you can see?  Is there cheering/applause for a great play?  Do they usually do some level of full team scrimmage? (and if it only happens some of the time, any idea when?) Is there food there (like hot dogs etc.) and is there a ticket fee, or do you just show up?  Can you usually get a seat (we have a disabled fan to bring who can walk but needs to sit after short walks)?  Lots of questions, I know, but would be great to have an idea so we could plan for logistics and health concerns.  

Thanks in advance! 

I've never been to a practice, can anyone fill us in on what it entails, how much (or well) you can see?  Is there cheering/applause for a great play?  Do they usually do some level of full team scrimmage? (and if it only happens some of the time, any idea when?) Is there food there (like hot dogs etc.) and is there a ticket fee, or do you just show up?  Can you usually get a seat (we have a disabled fan to bring who can walk but needs to sit after short walks)?  Lots of questions, I know, but would be great to have an idea so we could plan for logistics and health concerns.  

Thanks in advance! 

Here's a link to get you started: http://www.colts.com/fanzone/events/coltscity.html

Thanks Jmac.  I couldn't find anything on seating availability or other info beyond times/dates/layout of camp and special events.  Anyone who has been there. could you let me know about seating and do they all practice on the main football field, or on multiple side fields? I couldn't really see on the small picture of the map on that page.  

Thanks! 

Haven't been for couple years... But I would advise getting there early so that you can secure a seat in the bleachers. Practice was on one field, and crowd was pretty heavy. I would try to sit halfway up for better view, although there are security folks there moving people along, there will be a constant flow of people walking by in front of bleachers trying to stop and watch. I would hope that someone would show you some generosity and give you a good seat since you will have someone that's handicapped with you. There is usually loud applause after good plays both during practice and during scrimmage, which was held towards end of practice. There are usually events going on in the side lot for kids like blue crew, bounce houses, face painting, Pictures withe Blue, pictures with cheerleaders, cheerleaders,cheerleaders.........oh sorry about that lol, and yes there is food being sold. If you get there early or stay late I have heard some of the players will sign autographs too! And best part? It's all free! Hope you have a good time!

Thanks for the info...really hoping to make the trip. If not thought maybe preseason game against saints. Really want to make it to LOS sometime.

I still remember my first game at RCA and Lucas, what a feeling! I try to at least make 1 game a year money permitting.

Haven't been for couple years... But I would advise getting there early so that you can secure a seat in the bleachers. Practice was on one field, and crowd was pretty heavy. I would try to sit halfway up for better view, although there are security folks there moving people along, there will be a constant flow of people walking by in front of bleachers trying to stop and watch. I would hope that someone would show you some generosity and give you a good seat since you will have someone that's handicapped with you. There is usually loud applause after good plays both during practice and during scrimmage, which was held towards end of practice. There are usually events going on in the side lot for kids like blue crew, bounce houses, face painting, Pictures withe Blue, pictures with cheerleaders, cheerleaders,cheerleaders.........oh sorry about that lol, and yes there is food being sold. If you get there early or stay late I have heard some of the players will sign autographs too! And best part? It's all free! Hope you have a good time!

Free except the parking fee that is. It was $10 last time I was there.

Heres a link to the training camp schedule. http://www.colts.com/fanzone/events/coltscity.html

Get there early as there is always a line to get in. Keep in mind that NFL bag policy is in place. You don't wanna have to head back to the car. There is handicap seating and parking available and they always have golf carts to the practice field for handicap. I have a sister-in-law that is handicap and we have sat in the handicap seating but really didn't like it. It is on a tennis court in the end zone of the practice field separated by a fence so accessibility to the players is rough after practice unless you can talk the security staff into letting you sit in the VIP bleachers. They have a rope around the perimeter of the field and players will come to them after practice and sign if they are not expected in a meeting. Be very careful when near the rope after practice, it can be very dangerous there from the fans pushing their way in.

Free except the parking fee that is. It was $10 last time I was there.

starting last year if was $5 also $5 this year.  

I would suggest to someone who is going for the first time to bring a lawn chair and sit by the ropes.  

For anyone wanting to get something signed (which is why a lot of people attend) get there early.  Sit right on the rope and at the end of practice see who all walks up to sign your stuff.  There's no way of knowing where any player is going to come so if you want a particular player (Luck) attend two or three practices and sit in the same spot.  I was there a few times last year and Luck signed after every practice but one.  He just randomly picked a side and signed for 10 minutes.  Unfortunately the people that didn't pick the right spot to sit all follow Luck and push to try getting their stuff signed.