Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Luck very media savvy

oldunclemark

Many of you may have already heard this but I heard a Saturday 1070-AM radio interview that said that Andrew Luck requested to be made available to the media this month because he felt he hadn't been open to the press previously.

Andrew  obviously doesnt need more noteriety and its clearly not his nature to say much in interviews but he thought that he hadn't been giving local press off season access to him to ask questions.

He also said that he asked the Colts to wait until after the Pacers had been eliminated so that any local media who wanted to could talk to him.

Interesting that he would even think about such things, isn't it?

Luck: "Could the local media please wait until the Heat knock out the Pacers again this year before they talk to me. We know it's coming, just not sure in how many games yet."

:)

I don't think he phrased it that way exactly....He probably said to wait until the Pacers were through playing (which might have been who knows when) :oops:

But my point was that he actually had a concept of how he had not been available to specifically local media as much as the QB of an NF team should be..

Whether that's true or not is debatable..but HE thought so..

..and he didnt want to interfere with coverage of the local NBA team. something he didn't actually need to concern himself with...

There's a lot of depth behind that God-awful neck beard

.....and that he created a scenario to give the ,loocal media

I don't think he phrased it that way exactly....He probably said to wait until the Pacers were through playing (which might have been who knows when) :oops:

But my point was that he actually had a concept of how he had not been available to specifically local media as much as the QB of an NF team should be..

..and he didnt want to interfere with coverage of the local NBA team. something he didn't actually need to concern himself with...

.....and that he created a scenario to give the local media..the folks who cover him all the time..some interview time

But my point was that he actually had a concept of how he had not been available to specifically local media as much as the QB of an NF team should be..

.....and that he created a scenario to give the ,loocal media

I guess he realizes he is one of those up and coming QBs and being open to the media won't hurt public perception or anything. Good for him.

good point I think it was smart to be strickly football and earn the media attention

Honestly though I think he earned it in college lol. He just took a different path and waited to embrace it, which definitely isn't a bad idea, I think Wilson did the same thing.

As well as some of the other good points already brought up, my view is that Andrew is also starting to take ownership of the team.

As a 3rd year vet, playing a leadership position like quarterback, I think Luck knows he has to step up and have this be more of Andrew Luck's team.    Not totally,  but more than he has his first two years.

He did the same thing at Stanford.    He deferred to seniors his first few years....   then as his stature and shadow grew,  he took much more of a leadership position.    It was appreciated back in Palo Alto,  and I'm sure it'll be appreciated here.    Luck still speaks glowingly of guys like Wayne and Redding and Mathis.    But now he takes a position more front and center.

And he should.   It's time.

Thanks to OUM for starting this thread.......

Andrew understands what the QB means to a team. IMO, deep down he'd rather keep things low key and not have the attention..that's his personality. But now he is trying to step out of his comfort zone with the media and have to admire a guy for that. So just be yourself Andrew, because he does seem like such a likable guy and everything will be alright :thmup:  

As well as some of the other good points already brought up, my view is that Andrew is also starting to take ownership of the team.

As a 3rd year vet, playing a leadership position like quarterback, I think Luck knows he has to step up and have this be more of Andrew Luck's team.    Not totally,  but more than he has his first two years.

He did the same thing at Stanford.    He deferred to seniors his first few years....   then as his stature and shadow grew,  he took much more of a leadership position.    It was appreciated back in Palo Alto,  and I'm sure it'll be appreciated here.    Luck still speaks glowingly of guys like Wayne and Redding and Mathis.    But now he takes a position more front and center.

And he should.   It's time.

Thanks to OUM for starting this thread.......

Whatever you say about Andrew Luck has been spot on NCF. I have no authority to address his college years at Stanford, but you were right on the money about his comeback capabilities my friend. Generally, whatever you say about Andrew, I accept as gospel because I respect your judgment that has been proven correct over & over again. 

Andrew Luck is just the best at everything.

I'm sure he was also the best son a father could ever have, best husband a wife could want.  I've heard when Luck speaks, E.F. Hutton listens.  Chuck Norris bows whenever Luck enters the room.  Ted Cruz calls him for political advice, he became a life coach for Mama so should could lose weight and therefore not be the subject of, "Yo mama's so fat...." jokes.  He stopped traffic in downtown Indy during rush hour to let the ducks cross the road.  He's saved a box full of puppies from a burning building and then put out the fire.

Man Colts' fans we are LUCKy to have such a QB.

Andrew Luck is just the best at everything.

I'm sure he was also the best son a father could ever have, best husband a wife could want.  I've heard when Luck speaks, E.F. Hutton listens.  Chuck Norris bows whenever Luck enters the room.  Ted Cruz calls him for political advice, he became a life coach for Mama so should could lose weight and therefore not be the subject of, "Yo mama's so fat...." jokes.  He stopped traffic in downtown Indy during rush hour to let the ducks cross the road.  He's saved a box full of puppies from a burning building and then put out the fire.

Man Colts' fans we are LUCKy to have such a QB.

He doesn't always drink beer but when he does, he drinks Dos Equis. Stay thirsty my friends.