Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

colts vs broncos

CR91

Can we or will we? 

Sure it's possible.  

Is it likely. . . I don't think so.  Whoever replaces Mathis for the first 4 games is gonna have to put a serious rush on Manning.  Otherwise he will slice and dice us.

And Bronco's defense is even better now then they where when we played them last year.

Interesting.  Never thought of it that way.  So if the Colts score more points then they will win?  Crazy.

Mathis won't matter if the Colts O does not put up 30+. The key to last year's game was turnovers as well. Denver can  be sloppy so I wold think the Colts can still get some of those. Being in Denver though will be tough. Very tough place to play and win. I think they only lost once there all last year to the Chargers on the short week.

Mathis won't matter if the Colts O does not put up 30+. The key to last year's game was turnovers as well. Denver can be sloppy so I wold think the Colts can still get some of those. Being in Denver though will be tough. Very tough place to play and win. I think they only lost once there all last year to the Chargers on the short week.

The key to last year's game was the Mathis strip for a safety, and the TD that followed after the free kick. Without him in that game, we don't win.

The key to last year's game was the Mathis strip for a safety, and the TD that followed after the free kick. Without him in that game, we don't win.

Meh, he will be replaced. One guy won't determine the game. You should already know that give all the injuries the Colts had last year and still 11 wins and a playoff win.

Meh, he will be replaced. One guy won't determine the game. You should already know that give all the injuries the Colts had last year and still 11 wins and a playoff win.

You don't simply replace one of the best defensive players in the NFL, and you chose to ignore a specific example of why we don't win that single game without him.

You don't simply replace one of the best defensive players in the NFL, and you chose to ignore a specific example of why we don't win that single game without him.

Sure you do. Teams do all the time. Denver played without Miller last year for the first six games and went 6-0. The Pats played without Wilfork and Mayo and still went 12-4. Colts lost Reggie and still won 11. Good teams figure it out. Have more faith.

Sure you do. Teams do all the time. Denver played without Miller last year for the first six games and went 6-0. The Pats played without Wilfork and Mayo and still went 12-4. Colts lost Reggie and still won 11. Good teams figure it out. Have more faith.

I never said they couldn't beat them this year without him. I said they wouldn't have last year without him.

I never said they couldn't beat them this year without him. I said they wouldn't have last year without him.

Really? I remember other TOs besides the one that Mathis caused and Luck putting up four TDs as well. It was a total team effort. And not sure what last year will have to do with this year anyways. The Broncos have completely revamped their D and their O will still be one of the best in the league. I still think the Colts can beat them but it will be very tough playing in Denver whether you have Mathis or not. They have barely lost there the last two years.

Posted 17 May 2014 - 11:24 AM

oldunclemark, on 17 May 2014 - 11:45 AM, said:snapback.png

Everybody knows the reality of beating Denver on opening day in Denver..ask the Steelers (2012) and Ravens (2013)

Yeah, that's what I was thinking even before the Mathis ban.

Ditto.