Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Our Draft Picks VS Our U.D.F.A.'S....

Burls' Kid's

Who do you got making the team and any surprises? I think that some of our U.D.F.A'S are just as good as some of our draft selections. I think Kerr, McDonald and Cox make the team, with Harrison and Hoover added to the P.S. I can see kerr, mcdonald and cox making impact plays for us. I don't believe Andrew Jackson will make the roster, but added to the P.S. , along john.

I like Jackson as a player, but he does have a big mouth...Brian Cox type of mouth on him, but he usually does back-up his talk, so we'll see how it goes. I don't think he's a bad kid, just immature. If some of our VET'S can reach him and wrangle him in, then maybe we got something.

I definitely think Jackson makes the roster for the simple fact we don't have another ILB like him.  He's really the only "thumper" we have at ILB so I think he'll see some playing time early in our base sets on early downs.  

I like Jackson as a player, but he does have a big mouth...Brian Cox type of mouth on him, but he usually does back-up his talk, so we'll see how it goes. I don't think he's a bad kid, just immature. If some of our VET'S can reach him and wrangle him in, then maybe we got something.

I don't want to wrangle Jackson in too much...the man plays with an 'edge.'  He will hit you and laugh back to the huddle.  I look forward to seeing all 260 pounds of him behind Chapman at the goal line....

Can you say 'bad to the bone?  :spit:

I don't want to wrangle Jackson in too much...the man plays with an 'edge.'  He will hit you and laugh back to the huddle.  I look forward to seeing all 260 pounds of him behind Chapman at the goal line....

Yeah, i agree. He's not really a bad kid. Just cocky. If he plays like Brian Cox, then i think it's all good. He might be just what our D needs...to be honest. I personally like the swagger, and i think our organization needs some swagger type of players. PUNCH YOU IN THE FACE AND THEN LAUGH...I LIKE IT! SIGN ME UP!

Ulrich John will no doubt be on the practice squad but I think he'll be the only draft choice that won't make the 53. I hope Cox makes it but I wouldn't be suprised if he didn't. We put a lot of hype around Price and Dax Swanson last year and they didn't make the 53 or have an impact. (though Price is still here.) I also think Harrison may beat out Austin and put him back on the practice squad (if able) if they keep 2 all around centers.

I definitely think Jackson makes the roster for the simple fact we don't have another ILB like him. He's really the only "thumper" we have at ILB so I think he'll see some playing time early in our base sets on early downs.

Hey don't sleep on jerrell I seen him stand some guys up last year but I agree I saw Jackson fold Eddie lacy up like lawn chair I was at that game

I prefer Jackson to make it over Sheppard, wouldnt  mind harvey being retained. 

Some of the fans do not like Harvey, but I am the special teams guy :)  Harvey is a special teams delicacy...never stops.  I hope he is retained, but I want to see who can beat him out of the unknowns.

Yes from the article just read that Kevin wrote ,IMO Jackson will be here for years to come if things work out and injuries [ catastrophic ] avoided .

Yes from the article just read that Kevin wrote ,IMO Jackson will be here for years to come if things work out and injuries [ catastrophic ] avoided .

Goal line and 4th and 1 to start...working in to obvious run situations...he and D Jackson could really be nice for us with Freeman, McNary and the boys.

Goal line and 4th and 1 to start...working in to obvious run situations...he and D Jackson could really be nice for us with Freeman, McNary and the boys.

Yes gives us flexability as well making our special teams one to be feared for return men,Some of these guys are flat gonna lay you out . :disco:

Some of the fans do not like Harvey, but I am the special teams guy :)  Harvey is a special teams delicacy...never stops.  I hope he is retained, but I want to see who can beat him out of the unknowns.

Agree 100% his motor is relentless, people underestimate how crucial special teams play is.

Yes gives us flexability as well making our special teams one to be feared for return men,Some of these guys are flat gonna lay you out . :disco:

Damn...would I love to coach special teams in the NFL....

I'd be happier than a witch in a broom factory.(Thanks Geico) :)

I think Dewey is a lock, maybe the C from Florida and the DT but I really think you guys are sleeping on Keon Lyn. I absolutely love his potential.

Would have to agree if not for injuries he wouldve been drafted ,probably in the mid rounds.

Would have to agree if not for injuries he wouldve been drafted ,probably in the mid rounds.

I need to look at Dewey a little closer.  I think I had him confused with someone else.

Harrison could end up a PS member for depth at center.

The 2 things I like about Lyn...

• He will hit ya!
  • He can wrap you up...solid tackling.

Yep what I noticed as well and I like people to pay for coming across the middle . Heres a LIKE !!!! lol out of those dreaded things.

Yep what I noticed as well and I like people to pay for coming across the middle . Heres a LIKE !!!! lol out of those dreaded things.

LIKE....

I just got the like boot too :)

You have reached your quota of positive votes for the day  Those pesky likes!  :)

I need to look at Dewey a little closer.  I think I had him confused with someone else.

Harrison could end up a PS member for depth at center.

Just to let you know, Dewey has highlights from Cal PA and Fairmont State. He transferred from Fairmont to Cal PA in his senior year. He wears #5 at Cal PA and #21 at Fairmont St. Both sets of YouTube highlights are sweeeeeet!