Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Colts draft Jonathan Newsome, DE/OLB, Ball State [Merge]

chad72

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah they do. lol  Hopefully that is all it was and I am just over analysing here.  I am prone to that at times. :D

Yeah, I meant kids should get a break, within reason. Men should act like men.

You never know, if he's an outstanding ST player he may make the team. But I doubt it.

Hoping for Ladler, Dixon, Exum, Bailey or Roberson to play safety for us.

Just pointing out that Grigson has a terrible track record in late rounds.

Almost everyone has a terrible track record in the late rounds.

If nearly half of the first round never pans out,  what do you think the odds are in the late rounds?

They're incredibly small.   So, considering you're basing this on two whole drafts, his late round success rate isn't too bad at all....

Almost everyone has a terrible track record in the late rounds.

If nearly half of the first round never pans out, what do you think the odds are in the late rounds?

They're incredibly small. So, considering you're basing this on two whole drafts, his late round success rate isn't too bad at all....

None of them even make the roster after the 4th it seems. Not saying they have to be great players but they don't even work for depth.

I don't know if this is a typo, but the Colts are listing Newsome as 6'3" and 236...

He was 247 at the combine,  so I'm hoping someone made a typing mistake in the front office.....

Otherwise, he's just the incredible shrinking linebacker..........

None of them even make the roster after the 4th it seems. Not saying they have to be great players but they don't even work for depth.

Well...   in Grigson's first draft he took Brazil in the 6th round and Harnisch in the 7th.   There were other guys like Anderson, but two stuck.

Last year, he took Boyett in the 6th and he would've made the team if not for his silly night of drinking....

Otherwise Williams and Cunningham didn't make it.

I'll take those results....   he's got solid hits in each of his first two drafts on the last two rounds....

Well... in Grigson's first draft he took Brazil in the 6th round and Harnisch in the 7th. There were other guys like Anderson, but two stuck.

Last year, he took Boyett in the 6th and he would've made the team if not for his silly night of drinking....

Otherwise Williams and Cunningham didn't make it.

I'll take those results.... he's got solid hits in each of his first two drafts on the last two rounds....

yes I was so excited to see what boyett could do when we released be the a then I found out we let him go because he was caught drunk. What a waste of talent he coulda been a beast.

... he played DE at Ball State...

But at 6' 2 1/3 and just under 250, he's an OLB for the Colts.

Someone here, and I'm sorry, I don't remember who it was, called his name about 3 weeks ago.

Said he'd be a great late round pick for the Colts. Well, Ryan Grigson apparently agrees with you!

T'was me! haha His arrest is defiantly a favourite story.

I think he is a great pick. Very athletic. I like how excited he is. He said he was going to be R.Mathis's little brother even if Robert doesn't know it yet.

Everyone keeps complaining about getting a safety, but we already have 12 DB's on the roster not counting the practiced squad.

I think the team looks great and I look forward to picking last in the first round next year.

He is a situational pass rusher at best, Jonathan Newsome.

Without a 4th rounder, we did not have ammunition to move up to get a difference maker, IMO. Chargers with Telesco, they moved up in round 2 to get Jeremiah Attaochu. In round 1, they got Jason Verett. So, to defend vs Peyton, they got a player for their secondary and a player for the pass rush. But they had picks to move up, especially their 4th.

Not having the 1st rounder would have been fine if we had the rest. Now, Grigson might re-think going bonkers trying to trade away future draft picks in the first 4 rounds. 5th and onwards, you get special teams and PS players more often than not. The first 4 rounds are normally the ones where you get the difference makers, IMO, for a norm.

brady was a 6th rounder

Never fails with this forum, every pick you guys complain

If you improve the front 7, you don't need a top flight safety people

EVERYTHING STARTS IN THE TRENCHES

Win the battle in the trenches, you win the war

It's simple

I'm glad there are a few people in this forum who understand what Pagano and Grigson are trying to do.

I think  Newsome is a very good pick up.  Being very honest I have to say he reminds me quite a bit of  Robert Mathis

This kid is very quick off the snap and has really good agility.  I think he can make an impact this year as a situational

pass rusher.  I think he gives us much better depth behind Mathis than we had last year.

He does a lot of stuff like Mathis if you take the time and watch the film.  He's really disruptive!