Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Film Review: Josh McNary

HtownColt

Ben Gundy of Colts Authority continues his series of film reviews, up next is Josh McNary

"McNary slowly won over the Colts’ coaches. He played four snaps with the defense in week 13 and seven in week 14, playing exclusively on third down and primarily as a blitzer. By week 15, he had won a more regular role, and he started showing up on earlier downs. His playing time dipped a bit in the playoffs, when the Colts went with their veterans more often, but McNary wound up playing 134 defensive snaps in seven games and earned a solid 3.2 overall grade from Pro Football Focus."

continue reading here: http://coltsauthority.com/2014-articles/dregs-of-the-roster-josh-mcnary-film-review.html

"Colts with their veterans more often"

↑↑↑↑

And that's what got us knocked out the playoffs

We stopped rotating guys in frequently like we should. Injuries caught up with us sure, but we still had depth at a few positions

not the reason at all.

I like our linebacker situation this year for the most part!! We have solid depth and some good starters... Also think our D-Line can manage..

Secondary leaves quite of a bit to be desired skill/depth wise.

I agree especially with D Line Chapman healthy add Jones to Redding. Then over all improvement from guys like Hughes RJF etc.

Good draft to get that back end squared away. If Grigs wanted to he could put the back end in pretty good position for the next few years. Depends on what direction he goes.  

I like our linebacker situation this year for the most part!! We have solid depth and some good starters... Also think our D-Line can manage..

Secondary leaves quite of a bit to be desired skill/depth wise.

Besides the obvious guys (Mathis, Walden, Jackson, & Freeman)

I don't see any reason McNary isn't on the 53,we're gonna need more than 4 LB's so I'm sure he's almost handed his roster spot with Angerer & Connor gone now. He made it due to injury of our LB core last season but this year he'll play more since he got the feel of the game back after serving for his country 

:colts:

One reason I believe the Patriots game got out of hand for us late was the play of Toler. To me, it looked like he was trying to tough it out while still injured.

Umm, Toler was on IR so it was kinda hard for him to had been playing that game

One reason I believe the Patriots game got out of hand for us late was the play of Toler. To me, it looked like he was trying to tough it out while still injured. 

Well your wrong because Toler didn't play that game after the KC game he and Moala were put on IR and my reason is simply this luck had a very poor game the O-line was terrible and the defense sucks.

Well your wrong because Toler didn't play that game after the KC game he and Moala were put on IR and my reason is simply this luck had a very poor game the O-line was terrible and the defense sucks.

I kinda disagree on the defense part. they played ok enough to win that game. offense had 4 turnovers putting them in bad situations and we still had two chances to tie the game in the 4th quarter.

before the Blount 4th quarter explosion, all of their RBs were held to 3 yards a carry. Defense did have a less than stellar game but that game was on the offense to me

I agree especially with D Line Chapman healthy add Jones to Redding. Then over all improvement from guys like Hughes RJF etc.

Good draft to get that back end squared away. If Grigs wanted to he could put the back end in pretty good position for the next few years. Depends on what direction he goes.

Yeah I hope he does go in that direction! We will see but I trust Grigs knows what he's doing.

Besides the obvious guys (Mathis, Walden, Jackson, & Freeman)

I don't see any reason McNary isn't on the 53,we're gonna need more than 4 LB's so I'm sure he's almost handed his roster spot with Angerer & Connor gone now. He made it due to injury of our LB core last season but this year he'll play more since he got the feel of the game back after serving for his country

:colts:

Yeah he will make it! I don't see any reason at all he won't! I feel he's the reason they felt so comfortable letting Conner AND Angerer go besides the fact that they didn't produce much

"Colts with their veterans more often"

↑↑↑↑

And that's what got us knocked out the playoffs

We stopped rotating guys in frequently like we should. Injuries caught up with us sure, but we still had depth at a few positions

Luck's picks and NE running the ball on us at will got the Colt's knocked out of the playoffs.