Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

I am happy for Latimer...

rising up the draft boards while playing for a school not known for football is something you can hang your hat on. However, it would have been cool to keep him in state to play for the Colts. He would get mad support and undoubtedly help sell tickets.

I agree, I'm very happy that he is one of the top WR in this years draft. I would love to see Cody a Colt but that's not going to happen.

He was the strongest WR at the combine and his pro day was off the charts.

I will be a huge fan of his at the next level unless he goes to the Pats. lol

Id have to confirm this but I'm 99% sure every football game at LOS has been a complete sell out, even during the Painter administration

I remember the talk about being blacked out against the Chiefs last season. Meijer stepped up and bought a bunch of tickets so it wouldn't happen. Wouldn't it be nice to think those tickets can go to enthusiastic and paying fans? I like a free handout too, but, just because the games are sold out does not make my statement any less valid.

I really don't understand why we would get a player for the main reason that he is from indiana and we could keep him home. That has to be the most ridiculous thing I've ever heard. He's a WR, which isn't even close to one of our bigger needs anyway. This would be like the Texans taking Johnny Manziel because he's "from Texas" and they wanted to keep him home for their fans when they were interested in bridgewater or bortles potentially or maybe even clowney or Mack. They just brush that aside and say, lets draft Manziel becuase he's a Texas kid, lets make the fans happy. See how ridiculous that sounds. The way to sell out games is to win, and the Colts are back to being a winning organization already. Colts fans will cheer whoever we draft.

I really don't understand why we would get a player for the main reason that he is from indiana and we could keep him home. That has to be the most ridiculous thing I've ever heard. He's a WR, which isn't even close to one of our bigger needs anyway. This would be like the Texans taking Johnny Manziel because he's "from Texas" and they wanted to keep him home for their fans when they were interested in bridgewater or bortles potentially or maybe even clowney or Mack. They just brush that aside and say, lets draft Manziel becuase he's a Texas kid, lets make the fans happy. See how ridiculous that sounds. The way to sell out games is to win, and the Colts are back to being a winning organization already. Colts fans will cheer whoever we draft.

Well I have watched Latimer play, and I think he will be an absolute beast, and our future replacement for Wayne. 

I'm not saying that is why we would want to draft him but, it helps give a sense of connection to a player and the team he plays for. There are many people in Texas who would love to keep Johnny Maziel in the state to play for the Texans(Dallas too!) and there is nothing wrong with that. You say it sounds ridiculous but, I bet you will find that it crosses the minds of some GMs, owners, fans, and players no matter how ridiculous you think it is. Whether they act on it or not is irrelevant seeing as my original statement said nothing in regards to the Colts ACTUALLY going out of their way to draft Latimer.

I remember the talk about being blacked out against the Chiefs last season. Meijer stepped up and bought a bunch of tickets so it wouldn't happen. Wouldn't it be nice to think those tickets can go to enthusiastic and paying fans? I like a free handout too, but, just because the games are sold out does not make my statement any less valid.

Yeah it does. The Colts have one of the highest attendence rates in the league. There were a bunch of other factors as to why the playoff game wasn't selling out.

rising up the draft boards while playing for a school not known for football is something you can hang your hat on. However, it would have been cool to keep him in state to play for the Colts. He would get mad support and undoubtedly help sell tickets.

You did say you thought it'd be cool if the Colts drafted Latimer. He'll get support anywhere he goes and we're going to sell tickets easily as long as we win. It is ridiculous to even think that being a hometown boy could be a factor in drafting someone. That's like if Cody Latimer and Jordan Matthews were available at 59 and the Colts were at a standstill, and Ryan Grigson said "we can't decide, lets just go with Latimer since he's from Indiana." You know how bad that would look? You don't take a player because of a feel-good story.

Yeah it does. The Colts have one of the highest attendence rates in the league. There were a bunch of other factors as to why the playoff game wasn't selling out.

What other factors? Attendance rates have nothing to do with what I am trying to convey. I could buy every ticket for a home game and give none of them away. I could be the only person in the stands. People would see this and think that the Colts couldn't sell the tickets based on your argument.

I was simply trying to say, just like if Maziel played for the Texans(or Dallas) that his presence on the team could IN THEORY increase ticket sales. At the end of the year the number crunchers would say "ticket sales were up/down this year". They would never say "Every game was sold out and the attendance ratings were the best in the league so I guess that means there is no room for improvement in ticket sales..."

Stop trying to pick apart what I am trying to say and accept it for what it really is... just a random thought. I am not trying to debate with you on this so do us both a favor and just stop being difficult.

You did say you thought it'd be cool if the Colts drafted Latimer. He'll get support anywhere he goes and we're going to sell tickets easily as long as we win. It is ridiculous to even think that being a hometown boy could be a factor in drafting someone. That's like if Cody Latimer and Jordan Matthews were available at 59 and the Colts were at a standstill, and Ryan Grigson said "we can't decide, lets just go with Latimer since he's from Indiana." You know how bad that would look? You don't take a player because of a feel-good story.

You are right I did say that. I, however, did not say anything about where he would be drafted in this random thought I was sharing with the board. I never said Latimer being a hometown boy would be a reason or factor in drafting him. As a matter of fact I never said anything about drafting Latimer in the first place. I did say it would be cool to keep him in state to play for the Colts but, drafting him is just one of the ways it could have happened.

This was a random thought people. Stop trying to fill in the holes to support your flame war.

What other factors? Attendance rates have nothing to do with what I am trying to convey. I could buy every ticket for a home game and give none of them away. I could be the only person in the stands. People would see this and think that the Colts couldn't sell the tickets based on your argument.

I was simply trying to say, just like if Maziel played for the Texans(or Dallas) that his presence on the team could IN THEORY increase ticket sales. At the end of the year the number crunchers would say "ticket sales were up/down this year". They would never say "Every game was sold out and the attendance ratings were the best in the league so I guess that means there is no room for improvement in ticket sales..."

Stop trying to pick apart what I am trying to say and accept it for what it really is... just a random thought. I am not trying to debate with you on this so do us both a favor and just stop being difficult.

You're wrong.

That is not a stand still that is a sprint to the podium to call the Colts take Cody Latimer with the 59th pick.

You are making in sound like he can't play some kind of feel good story???? We would be doing him a favor by drafting him. He is 6'3" 215 doesn't drop anything he gets a hand on and his fastest 40 time was 4.39 sounds like the second coming of Josh Gordon. He won't be there at 59 he won't make it out of the first day. He is not a feel good story he is an extremely talented player. For the record he is from Ohio not Indiana

Colts needing help selling tickets? You go try to get season tickets come back and report what you find out. We do not need help selling tickets. This entire post is silly the Ohio boy that you think is from Indiana with first round talent we draft out of the kindness of our hearts to sell tickets. Child please.

Cody being from Indiana among other things makes you comment invalid.

Not trying to win but the hometown kid to sell tickets is from Ohio man come on and we don't need help selling tickets. He doesn't need help being drafted the whole thing was off the tracks from the get go. Didn't mean to pile on