Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Pryor to Seahawks

Dustin

Yeah Pryor sucks. But the Sehawks are the new Patriots. They could trade their first-rounder for Gabbert and people would call it a genius move.

I totally agree.

To be honest, I still believe the reputation is based on 1 blowout SB. Teams like the Colts, 49ers and Cardinals beat them while teams like the Bucs and even Texans gave them all they could handle. I still believe a team like the Patriots, Ravens or Colts would have matched up better with them in the SB. A comedy of errors and a perfect storm of a matchup with the Broncos' blowout and people are jumping on their bandwagon, that is what I think.

I refuse to be in awe of them. Will respect them regardless because they earned that right as SB champs.

Terrelle Pryor is actually one of my favorite QB's. He was wanting a shot at being a starter. I'd wager he was hoping he wouldn't be traded so he could take his chances at free agency with a team who would start him. Now he's screwed.

Al Davis, before his death, said Pryor would be a star QB one day. Pryor said, “I owe Mr. Davis.  This man believed I’d be a star quarterback.  He said that to me multiple times.  He took a chance on me when other teams wouldn’t... Every day I’m thankful for what he did for me." Pryor was Al Davis' final draft pick before his death, having obtained Pryor in the supplemental draft.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1311679-terrell-pryor-al-daviss-last-pick-demonstrates-his-worth-to-raider

Here is my favorite play from his career thus far. He makes this huge 93-yd run look so easy. Seeing this run from a QB is mind blowing to me (video is reversed for copyright reasons):

Btw, if you're going by Madden 25 terms, Terrelle Pryor is the best QB in the NFL. His speed, agility, and acceleration are nearly maxed, which are also three of the hardest attributes to level up in franchise mode, since it has to do with the notion you can't teach speed. The read option is insanely strong in the game, so you can do some crazy antics with him.

Fwiw

Top QBs by PFF Run Rating in 2013: 1.Cam Newton(+12.6), 2.Russell Wilson(+10.8) 3.Andrew Luck(+9.4) 4.Terrelle Pryor(+8.5).

— Pro Football Focus (@PFF)

April 22, 2014

I almost hate to ask but what are his passing stats?

I think it is a good move for Seattle as he should beat out Jackson and will be a quality back up to Wilson. Do you think they also may use him at WR or on STs?

I think it is a good move for Seattle as he should beat out Jackson and will be a quality back up to Wilson. Do you think they also may use him at WR or on STs?

Don't have the grades off-hand, but they were really, really bad. 

If he beats out Jackson I will be shocked. This is more for practicing against Kaepernick. And the Seahawks have said he'll stay at QB.

Don't have the grades off-hand, but they were really, really bad. 

If he beats out Jackson I will be shocked. This is more for practicing against Kaepernick. And the Seahawks have said he'll stay at QB.

Yes that makes sense. I didn't even think of the Kaepernick angle. He torched them with his running in the NFCCG.

In 2013 

156/272 57.4% 1798 yards 7 TD's 11 INTS

I would have passed on him but that's just me.  He is a good running QB and I suppose that if Wilson went down they could just tell him not to throw into any tight spots, when in doubt run, and basically just don't screw up the game for the defense.  

I agree..I dont understand this on any level....

..If Russell Wilson gets hurt..can Pryor win games?  .Not with that offense

Depends on the opposition.  Their defense isn't going to be the elite unit it was last year but they are still going to be one of the top defenses in the NFL.

If you tell him not to throw the ball into any tight spots and to run when in doubt he might be able to win some games against lesser teams by just managing to put up 10 to 14 points and letting the defense win it by shutting the other team down. 

I'm a little surprised by the trade although in retrospect I probably shouldn't be. Carroll loves players with unique size, atheticism, and versatility and Pryor has all of the above. I doubt he'll beat out TJack as the #2 but I could see Carroll cooking up some plays to get him on the field in certain situations for trick plays, the wildcat, or as a receiver. It's something like what the Jets tried with Tebow without much success largely because of Tebow's limitations. If it doesn't work out all they've lost is the 32nd pick in the 7th round.