Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Manziel Scores High QB Wonderlic....

Manziel scored a 32....     the only other QB to score a higher number was the QB from.....  Cornell.

Bortles a 28....  Bridgewater a 20.

Here's the story.......

http://nfl.si.com/2014/04/11/johnny-manziel-wonderlic-score-2014-nfl-draft/?xid=nl_siextra

The story notes the highest wonderlic for a QB in the NFL right now is Alex Smith with a 40.

Next are two guys who were drafted more recently...    a 37 for Kaepernick and some guy

from Indy!      :thmup:

Manziel scored a 32.... the only other QB to score a higher number was the QB from..... Cornell.

Bortles a 28.... Bridgewater a 20.

Here's the story.......

http://nfl.si.com/2014/04/11/johnny-manziel-wonderlic-score-2014-nfl-draft/?xid=nl_siextra

Fitzpatrick scored a perfect 50.

The story notes the highest wonderlic for a QB in the NFL right now is Alex Smith with a 40.

Next are two guys who were drafted more recently... a 37 for Kaepernick and some guy

from Indy! :thmup:

Wonderlic has nothing to do with football IQ.

Ah, just looked it up. Never really paid much attention to it till now. Still, having a high score on it isn't too shabby. It measure some interesting things...decision-making being the key thing quarterbacks have to do.

I believe Fitz scored a 48.

The only person to reach the magical 50 is a former punter for the Bengals, Pat Mcnally.   I think he's a Harvard grad from the 70's.

NOTE:   I think I see now what your point was....   that Fitz's score is higher than Smith's score.    Noted.

The story writes that Smith's score is the highest of QB's projected to start.    Guess the author didn't think Fitzpatrick is the projected starter for the Texans just yet.........?

I believe Fitz scored a 48.

The only person to reach the magical 50 is a former punter for the Bengals, Pat Mcnally.   I think he's a Harvard grad from the 70's.

NOTE:   I think I see now what your point was....   that Fitz's score is higher than Smith's score.    Noted.

The story writes that Smith's score is the highest of QB's projected to start.    Guess the author didn't think Fitzpatrick is the projected starter for the Texans just yet.........?

Not so long as the Texans have the #1 pick. Even if they trade down and take Bortles or Carr, I would think there would be a rigorous camp battle for QB1.

Is it just me or does the Wonderlic sound like a new ice cream flavor only available at certain times of the year like the Shamrock shake in March at McDonalds? Probably just me...

How bout instead of measuring analytical thinking among NFL rookie prospects, we devise a test to see which athletes will be broke or rich in 10-20 years? 

Well, I guess no one can say the guy doesn't have a high football I.Q. I thought Bridgewater was going to have a higher score as well but I guess not.

Wonderlic has nothing to do with football IQ. It's only use is to see if you have the capability of learning playbooks.

Wonderlic has nothing to do with football IQ. It's only use is to see if you have the capability of learning playbooks.

Finally, someone explained to me the sole purpose behind the W test. I just figured it was a weed out sequence to downgrade a prospect in the draft like pointless ACT entrance exam tests in college. Thanks BQB. 

Finally, someone explained to me the sole purpose behind the W test. I just figured it was a weed out sequence to downgrade a prospect in the draft like pointless ACT entrance exam tests in college. Thanks BQB. 

Yeah. and it barely even does that. Just because you score a 5 or 6 on the wonderlic doesn't mean you're incapable of learning a playbook. It just means you either didn't try or you're really dumb

Is it just me or does the Wonderlic sound like a new ice cream flavor only available at certain times of the year like the Shamrock shake in March at McDonalds? Probably just me...

How bout instead of measuring analytical thinking among NFL rookie prospects, we devise a test to see which athletes will be broke or rich in 10-20 years? 

Or better yet- see if a high wonderlic score can keep a 6-4 350 lb. defensive player from smashing a rookie QB who is 5-11 and 196 lbs.? He better have enough Drew Brees in him? lol

The Wonderlic probably doesn't mean all that much except when it comes to QBs.  It isn't the best IQ test out there, but it is fairly accurate and easy to administer to a large group within a short time period.  A score of 20 is "average", equating to an IQ of 100, and NFL teams typically look for a score of 26 or better for a QB prospect. A high score doesn't guarantee success, but a low score pretty much means you will probably have a tough time learning the playbook and reading defenses. I believe Luck scored a 37, and it shows on the field.  Morris Claiborne had the lowest Wonderlic in NFL history with a score of 4, but he also has a learning disability that would slow him down and give him a low score on a timed test.