Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

I think we should try to trade a RB and a WR for a 2nd or 3rd round draft

choice. We have some very good assets that we can't make full use of, and

some "desperate someone" will be willing to talk about a trade.

Save the "there will be injuries wimping etc." Let's get a more significant

young asset NOW, who can make a contribution.

I could see Brazil being in a package that included another player and picks from next years draft to move up this year. We won't be trading TY that is for sure.

Noticed you have Joyner as our pick at 59 I was hoping he'd slip to the 3rd and we could steal him due to his size issue 5'8" pretty small an uncertainty of his position in the NFL. I really like that kid. S and slot corner is what I'd do with him.

We would have to include pick from future drafts to get anywhere maybe our 2nd this yr our 2nd next year and Brazil and.... it would cost to move up.

I kind of hope we drop back if anything this draft is loaded with potential players that could contribute this yr 5 rounds deep in my opinion

I could see Brazil being in a package that included another player and picks from next years draft to move up this year. We won't be trading TY that is for sure.

Noticed you have Joyner as our pick at 59 I was hoping he'd slip to the 3rd and we could steal him due to his size issue 5'8" pretty small an uncertainty of his position in the NFL. I really like that kid. S and slot corner is what I'd do with him.

I would love to get Joyner. He plays much bigger than his size. He is very strong and durable. I would rather have Joyner than Brooks he was the better DB from that great FSU def. Joyner led FSU in sacks and was second in tackles. No way he makes it to the third. He will go somewhere in the middle to late second rd.

I would love to get Joyner. He plays much bigger than his size. He is very strong and durable. I would rather have Joyner than Brooks he was the better DB from that great FSU def. Joyner led FSU in sacks and was second in tackles. No way he makes it to the third. He will go somewhere in the middle to late second rd.

If we are drafting Joyner, why not trade Landry.  Joyner is a Strong Safety and we need a Free Safety.  Joyner would make Landry expendable

I would be surprised if there isn't a market for Lavon Brazill. The best trade option for him individually, however, may be for a 2015 draft pick based on production. Something like a 5th that can become a 4th if he plays so much, or has so many catches and yards, etc.

This year, we could combine him with a 5th or 6th and maybe get a 4th. His drug usage is sure to hurt his value unfortunately.

OK so I will save the wimping injuries line and get to the reality of the situation. This is a silly thread. The only player of value that other teams would be willing to part with a high draft pick for is TY Hilton and the Colts will not be trading him. Otherwise you have an old player in Wayne's case or an unproven group of players with the others who literally have no trade value or a VERY late rounder at the very best.

Good post jskinnz.  Thanks for not wimping.

I'm not near as informed as many of you are.  Therefore I just throw out ideas and see if there is any value.  Does the addition of a running back change the "value?"

Not at all. Not even close. No one would trade for Richardson now. And Ballard and Bradshaw are both coming off major injuries at a position that has been devalued by the entire league.

There is no value. Draft picks are gold and teams will not take Colts' cast offs in exchange for gold.

Any player on the Colts roster that would draw a 2nd round pick will be needed here at Indy. We don't have a RB on the roster at this point that anyone even consider a 2nd or 3rd round pick for. As far as a WR the only ones who are expendable would not even draw a 5th round pick.

This is so far off. Joyner would actually compliment Landry. Joyner can play either safety positions or nickel.

Joyner played Strong Safety to Brook's Free Safety.  Joyner played more in the box than out from every thing I have saw on him.  Joyner is another Landry or Bob Sanders.

Joyner played Strong Safety to Brook's Free Safety.  Joyner played more in the box than out from every thing I have saw on him.  Joyner is another Landry or Bob Sanders.

Joyner played every position in the secondary at FSU. He was a better FS than Brooks but played SS and moved back to cb for most of last season. Still led FSU in sacks and second in tackles. He's a ball hawk with very good cover skills.

He has been compared to Tyrann Mathieu and Charles Godfrey who both play FS.

Although the kid can bring the wood like Landry he is much better in coverage.

In other words he is a hybrid DB. His size will drop him out of the first rd.

Although I'm sure he will be gone by the time we pick at #59. But If the Colts drafted him he would be the new return man also.

Joyner played every position in the secondary at FSU. He was a better FS than Brooks but played SS and moved back to cb for most of last season. Still led FSU in sacks and second in tackles. He's a ball hawk with very good cover skills.

He has been compared to Tyrann Mathieu and Charles Godfrey who both play FS.

Although the kid can bring the wood like Landry he is much better in coverage.

In other words he is a hybrid DB. His size will drop him out of the first rd.

Although I'm sure he will be gone by the time we pick at #59. But If the Colts drafted him he would be the new return man also.

Thank you for more info.

Anyone who might net us a 2nd day draft pick is someone we can't really afford to lose.  

I don't know that Reggie could even net a 2nd day draft pick.  He has 1 year left on his contract and he's old.  So that leaves TY as the only guy who we could really trade to get a 2nd day pick.  

And personally I think TY is worth more then that.  I don't think I'd want us to part ways with TY without at least 2 first rounders.  

I'd trade him to the Browns for our old first rounder back and their other first rounder.

Anyone who might net us a 2nd day draft pick is someone we can't really afford to lose.  

I don't know that Reggie could even net a 2nd day draft pick.  He has 1 year left on his contract and he's old.  So that leaves TY as the only guy who we could really trade to get a 2nd day pick.  

And personally I think TY is worth more then that.  I don't think I'd want us to part ways with TY without at least 2 first rounders.  

I'd trade him to the Browns for our old first rounder back and their other first rounder.

You honestly believe that anyone would give you 1 first rounder, much less 2 for TY Hilton?

You honestly believe that anyone would give you 1 first rounder, much less 2 for TY Hilton?

Nope, I said that I think he's worth more then that personally.  I didn't say that anyone would give me those picks.  But that's what he's worth to me.

And for the record I think it's possible that a team might give 1 first round pick for TY Hilton depending on where they are selecting and needs.

I would venture to guess with the Pats need at receiver, the late nature of their 1st round pick and the depth of this draft class they might be willing to part with their first round pick for TY.  They could really use a reliable receiver who can stretch the field.