Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Kenny Ladler

Yeah, I wouldn't mind him in the 5th, but I would still hope we get a safety in the 2nd or 3rd too. It wouldn't surprise me at all if we drafted two safeties. One early, and one late.

With only 5 picks? Highly doubt it in in my opinion. I'd question that strategy seriously

With only 5 picks? Highly doubt it in in my opinion. I'd question that strategy seriously

Let's face it, our last two, maybe three, picks will have a tough time making the team. Look at the depth chart you did in the other thread. Do you see a 6 or 7 round pick beating out someone there now?

With S being one of our weakest spots, I wouldn't be surprised if we took one in the 2nd and a project in a later round. There's room on the PS for guys like that.

Let's face it, our last two, maybe three, picks will have a tough time making the team. Look at the depth chart you did in the other thread. Do you see a 6 or 7 round pick beating out someone there now?

With S being one of our weakest spots, I wouldn't be surprised if we took one in the 2nd and a project in a later round. There's room on the PS for guys like that.

Our 6th-7th round pick ideally would be a Scat Back or a player whos got upside at a position where we could lose a valuable player through FA....or retirement in my opinion (Jackson, Wayne) not on a Safety in the 6th or 7th rounds after drafting the one you chose to replace Bethea long term in the mid rounds.

I like him in the fifth...I have mentioned him numerous times.

This kid is not afraid of contact...he will lay a lick...he is smart, and yes those long arms help!!

He actually has been compared to Bethea.  A Young Bethea was not all that bad IMO, and the old one just hit the jackpot :):blueshoe:  :blueshoe:  :blueshoe: !!!

cbssportsline:COMPARES TO: Antoine Bethea, Colts: While not as big or athletic as some of the other safeties in their respective classes, Ladler and Bethea's diagnosis skills and penchant for the big play help them project as quality NFL starters.

I like him in the 5th round he ended the run with a somersault. He would be the only S I took. There will be a lot of Defense falling with this huge WR crop. Pass rush and corners are always needed. I think Grigs has us in position to take best player available cap to spare and some more pieces after June 1st.

They might not make the 53,  but they might make the practice squad.   And I think Grigs thinks there's talent to development on the PS.    I think he likes Price, the UCLA corner, the 6'2" kid we grabbed as a FA last year.    So, if a 6/7 doesn't make the team but can make the PS,  I'm fine with that.

You have No Idea how many picks we will have, what our draft board looks like, or what our GM`s long term Roster building stratedgy is.  lol

Most FANS are not excited with ANY of our Safeties for a variety of reasons. So to a logical Colts fan it could make a Great deal of sense that 2 Safeties would be Expected to be drafted at our current Biggest area of Weakness. IMO.

All Griggs needs is, Just Like last year, to LIKE a prospect as a late round pick. lmao that would be a Questionable stratedgy.

NFL.com basically has Ladler not even being drafted

http://www.nfl.com/draft/2014/profiles/kenny-ladler?id=2543875

They listed him as a "priority free agent"

Man, if you look at the grades nfl.com has given out, it is pretty harsh across the board compared to years past, IMO. I remember seeing 9s in the past. Now, the highest grade is 7.5??? I am not sure what to make of that.

Man, if you look at the grades nfl.com has given out, it is pretty harsh across the board compared to years past, IMO. I remember seeing 9s in the past. Now, the highest grade is 7.5??? I am not sure what to make of that.

It means they are too big for their 'breetches."

Ladler will be drafted...most likely in the late 5th round.  Crazy to see him not drafted.  The kid will blast you!  Indeed a priority if not drafted....crazy people.

Yeah I know.  I have to agree it did seem a bit harsh

I liked there old grading system much better, The old one explained what going in a particular round likely means for a player  such as 1st-2nd round day 1 starter or eventual starter. 3rd-4th round long term potential or depth player.....that sort of thing, This new system I have a hard time making heads or tails out of, Let alone trying to decipher where to put some players in my mocks (Though I have cut back on doing them cause I dont want fo gt to attached to a particular player just to watch Colts staff pass on him)

Any SEC/Vandy fans that have seen much of him? If we got him at the right time , he could be a good pick?

Huge Vandy fan! Watched every game but 2 this year!! Great vs the run! Big hitter/okay vs the pass... Very physical! One problem has been his shoulder seems to get stingers a lot in the same one. Good 4th round pick!