Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Colts Place in the AFC

Jonathan24

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The Pats added a lot more in my opinion. Arthur Jones is not an elite player at his position and neither is Jackson. I like the Nicks signing for us but I also like LaFell for the Pats. I think they added the premier CB in the game while we re-signed a young and developing Davis. I like the Davis signing but Revis makes the Pats a whole lot better for the short run. I think Denver added more than the Pats or Colts.

yea revis was a great pick up for them however if you look deeper into it although Arthur Jones is not as premier a name he caters to what we need more than Revis to the Patriots

I think they will fare a lot better than both the Donkeys and the Pats.

You have a tougher schedule to actually prove yourself on, plus you don't play the NFC West again this year. So thank God for that. We all saw what the Colts were made of last year since they were beating really good teams early in the season.

If the Colts stay healthy, I would pick them for a potential AFC Championship surprise team. I like their chances better than New England and Denver simply because this team is young, where those teams are getting older and relying on players in the twilights of their careers.

And don't fool yourself that they are making moves on defense. New England tends to have good players on D and it rarely makes a difference. They haven't had a real defense since 2007. John Fox (and Jack Del Rio too) on the other hand has proved time and time again that his defenses can be exposed with the right formula, and lately that's been airing it out hard. The Super Bowl loser has not repeated in a long time, I don't see either NE or DEN a real threat.

The Patriots have only upgraded, and will have Mayo, Kelly, Gronk, and (hopefully) Wilfork back.

At this point, the outcome would be at least as much as it was in January.

I doubt that. The Colts will (hopefully) have their weapons at least mostly healthy plus an added Nicks. That means that theoretically it would be Dwayne Allen, Reggie Wayne, Vick Ballard and Ahmad Bradshaw. I'm sure that Browner still has nightmares of Hilton streaking past him. So what do you do? Do you take away Hilton with Revis? Have fun, because Nicks will work Browner over. Think you have them both covered? Well then you have Allen and Wayne taking chunks of yardage with Fleener streaking up the seam. Are you confident that you can stop them all? If you do, then you'll be spread thin in which case Richardson, Ballard and Bradshaw will gash you up the middle with the occasional Luck run. Honestly, if the offense line is productive and Luck and his weapons are healthy then I believe they can hang a bunch of points on anyone. I'll admit that I'm not as excited as others about our defense. I think we need another nose tackle and a safety at least but I don't see us losing convincingly even if we don't win. We have the offensive firepower to compete with anyone.

The Patriots have only upgraded, and will have Mayo, Kelly, Gronk, and (hopefully) Wilfork back.

At this point, the outcome would be at least as much as it was in January.

Sure, Colts get a lot of injured players back with another year for Andrew Luck.

I doubt that. The Colts will (hopefully) have their weapons at least mostly healthy plus an added Nicks. That means that theoretically it would be Dwayne Allen, Reggie Wayne, Vick Ballard and Ahmad Bradshaw. I'm sure that Browner still has nightmares of Hilton streaking past him. So what do you do? Do you take away Hilton with Revis? Have fun, because Nicks will work Browner over. Think you have them both covered? Well then you have Allen and Wayne taking chunks of yardage with Fleener streaking up the seam. Are you confident that you can stop them all? If you do, then you'll be spread thin in which case Richardson, Ballard and Bradshaw will gash you up the middle with the occasional Luck run. Honestly, if the offense line is productive and Luck and his weapons are healthy then I believe they can hang a bunch of points on anyone. I'll admit that I'm not as excited as others about our defense. I think we need another nose tackle and a safety at least but I don't see us losing convincingly even if we don't win. We have the offensive firepower to compete with anyone.

Until Luck can prove he can throw the ball to his own WRs when they play the Pats then the offensive points are moot. Defensively the Pats have quite the advantage over the Colts at this point but the off-season has just begun.