Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Colts Place in the AFC

Jonathan24

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

With all the moves Denver and New England made to toughen up their defense; how do think the Colts will fair in the AFC?

outside of adding talib and Ward to the secondary in denver...i say denver is still the same looking team....adding Ware isn't really that big of a move IMO...maybe if this was the same Ware from two or three years ago then i would look at it differently....but now i think Ware and shaun Philips are somewhat of the same kinda player since Ware's production has dropped....and adding sanders is now different then having decker.. sanders just may be faster.....

outside of adding talib and Ward to the secondary in denver...i say denver is still the same looking team....adding Ware isn't really that big of a move IMO...maybe if this was the same Ware from two or three years ago then i would look at it differently....but now i think Ware and shaun Philips are somewhat of the same kinda player since Ware's production has dropped....and adding sanders is now different then having decker.. sanders just may be faster.....

I think Ware will take a lot of pressure off of Von Miller and they will be a dynamic pass rushing duo, perhaps the best in the NFL. Ware was a HUGE move. I think he will come back and be close to the Ware of old and he can't be double teamed as much because of Von. The two of them playing together will extend both of their careers. I think Denver is a whole lot better than last year even before the draft.

Im going to say 3rd, The Broncos and Pats aren't playing any games with anyone this season.  I like our acquisitions but I think we need a stud G.  Im willing to give Khaled Holmes a shot at C :goodluck: .  

1. Broncos 

2. Pats

3. Colts

I guess that I don't see the Colts over San Diego, Baltimore or Cincy. I see the Colts at about five or six and in a battle for the South Division title. I think our free agents improved us a little but as you mention the O-Line still needs work and we need a safety.

That thread is strictly about denver and new england whereas this one is taking all teams into consideration in the AFC.

My mistake, I took it that from your OP and your reply regarding you not seeing the Draft making much difference to Denver/NE that the focus was primarily on them. 

I think the Ravens are going to take the division from the Bengals..... They now have a legitimate go to receiver in Smith and Excellent Compliments in  Marlon Brown and Torrey Smith.

I wouldn't argue with that.

Bengals 5A, Colts 5B and Ravens 3

Broncos

Colts

Pats

Pats haven't added to the team as well as we have. .. and the Jones signing is what makes me put us right under broncos. If. We have Arthur Jones in the divisional game we are in the afccc..

The Pats added a lot more in my opinion. Arthur Jones is not an elite player at his position and neither is Jackson. I like the Nicks signing for us but I also like LaFell for the Pats. I think they added the premier CB in the game while we re-signed a young and developing Davis. I like the Davis signing but Revis makes the Pats a whole lot better for the short run. I think Denver added more than the Pats or Colts.

Denver is the best of the group.  New England isn't overly-talented, but has the experience.  The Bengals might have more talent than the Colts, but it's still Mike Brown and Marvin Lewis.  Really, it's the same story of the past 16 years - a number of teams probably have more talent than the Colts, but we have the QB. 

Broncos

Colts

Patriots

Chargers

Bengals

Some of you have a real short memory about last season.  The Colts were spectacular!!  We saw great games out of them but also very disappointing outings.  I think the key injuries and inexperience was the reason for the inconsistency.  With everyone starting the season healthy and another year under their belts I believe Indy puts on another impressive season surpassing a lot of expectations.  Adding Chud, DJ, AJ, and Nicks, is going to make a huge difference.  If they stay healthy, play with high intensity on defense, and have a balance run/pass game for 60 mins, they can beat anybody. 

Posted · Hidden by Superman, March 21, 2014 - No reason given
Hidden by Superman, March 21, 2014 - No reason given

Broncos

Colts

Patriots

Chargers

Bengals

Some of you have a real short memory about last season.  The Colts were spectacular!!  We saw great games out of them but also very disappointing outings.  I think the key injuries and inexperience was the reason for the inconsistency.  With everyone starting the season healthy and another year under their belts I believe Indy puts on another impressive season surpassing a lot of expectations.  Adding Chud, DJ, AJ, and Nicks, is going to make a huge difference.  If they stay healthy, play with high intensity on defense, and have a balance run/pass game for 60 mins, they can beat anybody. 

Not without some big changes in that O-Line. That is pretty basic and they have done nothing to address it.

I guess that I don't see the Colts over San Diego, Baltimore or Cincy. I see the Colts at about five or six and in a battle for the South Division title. I think our free agents improved us a little but as you mention the O-Line still needs work and we need a safety.

we were better than the aboved mentioned teams last year lacking our top weapon in a weaker division.  I believe those factors put us ahead.