Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Colts Place in the AFC

Jonathan24

Posted · Hidden by Superman, March 21, 2014 - No reason given
Hidden by Superman, March 21, 2014 - No reason given

we were better than the aboved mentioned teams last year lacking our top weapon in a weaker division.  I believe those factors put us ahead.  

We may have been better than Baltimore (I doubt it) but we lost to Cincy and San Diego so they were better than we were. We not lacking out top weapon. Andrew Luck played every game. I love Reggie Wayne too but he is getting older and he is not longer the best receiver on this team. In fact, he is at least third or lower. He has become a slot receiver because the lacks the speed to get separation on the sidelines. Yes, we play in a very weak division but I doubt we will run the table on them again. I expect the Texans to compete for the division championship.

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Broncos

Colts

Patriots

Chargers

Bengals

Some of you have a real short memory about last season.  The Colts were spectacular!!  We saw great games out of them but also very disappointing outings.  I think the key injuries and inexperience was the reason for the inconsistency.  With everyone starting the season healthy and another year under their belts I believe Indy puts on another impressive season surpassing a lot of expectations.  Adding Chud, DJ, AJ, and Nicks, is going to make a huge difference.  If they stay healthy, play with high intensity on defense, and have a balance run/pass game for 60 mins, they can beat anybody. 

I agree with those rankings and most of your thoughts.  Especially that we can beat anybody!   Now that I'm out of the Billion Dollar Bracket...its back to this forum!  :)  

Broncos

Colts

Pats

Pats haven't added to the team as well as we have. .. and the Jones signing is what makes me put us right under broncos. If. We have Arthur Jones in the divisional game we are in the afccc..

Yeah, adding the best CB in the NFL and a great #2 hard hitting CB isn't upgrading at all.

1. Patriots

2. Broncos

3. Bengals

4. Colts

Countdown until the old geezer quarterbacks hurt their arm/shoulder/elbow

They seem to be holding up pretty well. But, they don't take nearly as much punishment as Mr. Luck does. We have to fix that or will be the one with arm/shoulder/elbow problems.

If you think Brandon Browner is "great" then you have low standards.

I think he is quite a bit better than anything the Colts have. Now, he just has to stay eligible to play.

We should be right there with them. We've already improved in areas that we were weak (except the O Line). Luck will have 2 full years of experience as will some of the other guys. We could and should have one of the best offense's in the league. If we fix the O Line I would rank the top 3 like this.

Denver

Indianapolis

New England

We should be right there with them. We've already improved in areas that we were weak (except the O Line). Luck will have 2 full years of experience as will some of the other guys. We could and should have one of the best offense's in the league. If we fix the O Line I would rank the top 3 like this.

Denver

Indianapolis

New England

Its not the O-line that needs fixed.. its the center spot, unless Costa or Holmes can play well

Its not the O-line that needs fixed.. its the center spot, unless Costa or Holmes can play well

You need much more than that. That center spot didn't kill the run game and it didn't allow all of those sacks, hurries and hits.

Denver

Indianapolis

New England

The key word is "if"....

At this point I would the put the Patriots ahead of the Broncos because of Revis/Browner and the fact that Denver has the more difficult schedule playing the NFC West. AFCCG probably goes through NE. Not sure where to put the Colts yet. I don't see a ton of separation between Colts, Ravens, KC, SD and Cincy. And of course have to see what the Texans do with that first pick.

Injuries happen every year, so it's always hard to project.

But going off of what we've added, (Jackson, Costa, Jones and Nicks) and the personnel losses that we've had, (Brown, Satele, and Bethea), I would say that we are looking at an overall better team. Of course, we still have some holes to fill, safety being at the top of the list.

We stood up to some very good teams last year with a depleted roster. I would say that if we can remain healthy, especially along the O-line, then we'll be top 3. Even still, I'm not too worried about the offense--Luck usually finds a way.

The defense must improve for us to legitimately move up in the AFC, and we must be able to rely on the run game--both of which we haven't been able to rely on consistently.

I think Houston could potentially give the Colts a run for their money, last year was just an off year for them in my opinion. 

Why is that?  They have like 20 free agents or people that they've cut.  The team that takes the field in 2014 will look nothing like the one that took the field in 2013 and had an "off" year according to you.

Our offense not counting the O-line is stacked right now

QB: Andrew Luck

WR: Hakeem Nicks, Reggie Wayne, T.Y. Hilton

TE: Dwayne Allen and Coby Fleener

RB: Trent Richardson, Vick Ballard, Ahmad Bradshaw

That's stacked? Good luck with Nicks. Reggie's best years are in the rear view mirror. RB's are mediocre as are the TE's. Luck will elevate them at times but he has yet to carry the team over a entire season and it won't happen this year either. 

The Pats added a lot more in my opinion. Arthur Jones is not an elite player at his position and neither is Jackson. I like the Nicks signing for us but I also like LaFell for the Pats. I think they added the premier CB in the game while we re-signed a young and developing Davis. I like the Davis signing but Revis makes the Pats a whole lot better for the short run. I think Denver added more than the Pats or Colts.

Nicks >  Lafell. Not by a little bit either. 

I'll agree Revis > Vontae not by a little bit either but adding one awesome CB , an over rated one, and a meh receiver? That doesn't equal "a lot more" 

Arthur Jones is a huge upgrade for us as well. Plus Montori Hughes is coming back. Then sub in Chapman, R and Redding. 

That D is looking strong. Plus D'Q Jackson at ILB was a huge upgrade for us. 

I do agree Denver has added more than Colts and Pats. 

Why is that?  They have like 20 free agents or people that they've cut.  The team that takes the field in 2014 will look nothing like the one that took the field in 2013 and had an "off" year according to you.

For starters they have a more efficient QB now, and no matter what moves a divisional team makes they always tend to compete with people within the division. 

Colts are top three simply because of the QB. No QB no winning. The rest comes down to injuries.

Denver has the flashy signings on D but 18 somehow finds a way in the playoffs not to get it done....We checked out one and done after great regular seasons nearly every year. And it was the O that put up 8 pts in the Super Bowl. He is how old 18 this yr I am selling Denver.

Pats signed a great corner don't believe me just ask him. Browner is one toke from being over the line  not sure how they are going to stop the run or who is running the ball? But hey they have LaFell. As long as Brady is around they are always in the conversation. They have holes,

I give the Colts a real shot we brought back our players and added a couple of key pieces on D.  we get some key pieces back from IR. Thomas and Allen should really help the running attack and we have the best young QB. Denver is selling tickets and helping Vegas build another hotel "The Manning" The money Eli and Peyton have made the sport books in different ways they really should.

Broncos and Pats are alone in the top.

Think that Colts, Bengals and Chargers are the next contenders in the AFC.. They all have the "x-factor" to be in the top 5 and on any given sunday they could win the AFC.. ;)

I wouldn't argue against that.  Maybe San Diego will fall..