Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Giants add Walter Thurmond and DRC (5 yr deal) in 2 days

chad72

I wouldn't be surprised to see the Giants bounce back and take that division next season. They just added two really good CB's. Ross and Webster are still free agents. I wouldn't mind if Grigs picked up Webster for the right price. We need depth at CB. But DRC is a good pick up for them.

Good for them. They still need to address a lot of other problems besides their secondary though.

They have overhauled their OL. That was their biggest problem....and the run game. Didn't they sign Rashad Jennings....I think they've done a great job below the radar. They still need to address things in the draft and I think they need a WR...but I would say they have leap frogged Dallas since the end of the year....that said I only see Philly making the playoffs out of that division. The NFC West will still have 2 and maybe 3...and NFC North/South probably will get the others.

They have overhauled their OL. That was their biggest problem....and the run game. Didn't they sign Rashad Jennings....I think they've done a great job below the radar. They still need to address things in the draft and I think they need a WR...but I would say they have leap frogged Dallas since the end of the year....that said I only see Philly making the playoffs out of that division. The NFC West will still have 2 and maybe 3...and NFC North/South probably will get the others.

Yeah, I think receiver is what needs to be addressed next and I'd like to see their line in action as well. Just heard about the Trindon signing, so as long as he doesn't fumble the ball away it should be an improvement in the return game. Dallas lost Ware which is big, and are more than likely going to release Miles Austin if they haven't already so I think you're right. We know those NFC East teams always tear each other apart though, and teams we never expect tend to end up division champions lol.

Yeah, I think receiver is what needs to be addressed next and I'd like to see their line in action as well. Just heard about the Trindon signing, so as long as he doesn't fumble the ball away it should be an improvement in the return game. Dallas lost Ware which is big, and are more than likely going to release Miles Austin if they haven't already so I think you're right. We know those NFC East teams always tear each other apart though, and teams we never expect tend to end up division champions lol.

Oh the line last year was awful...but they have brought in a couple solid guys...I think it will be better...and they upgrade their secondary because they still have Prince A...lol..they aren't on the Eagles level but I think them and Washington could both go 9-7. We have always seen though if the pass rush isn't there and the run game isn't working...they just can't hang...Jennings was a good addition but the DL...big ???? They won't be as bad as last year imo...but I still thing they are on the outside looking in.

Only shot we have at the post-season this year is through winning the division, and frankly, the only way to even have a shot at that is to try to strengthen the defense and trying to cover all the weapons Philly will be throwing at us. Keep games low scoring.

Our offense was broken last year, and there was simply no way to completely fix those problems. There will be no shoot outs going in our favor. Sadly, though we strengthened our Oline a little, there are still too many holes there to fill in one offseason.

I don't see a post season return this season unless either the Eagles either collapse or Eli plays like he did two years ago. At this point, I'm not optimistic on that front.

From the best team in the AFC to one of the worst in the NFC. He should have worked more with Denver.

Watch them win the East next year. Everyone loves to rag on the Giants but they rise up every few years and can be a real threat when you least expect them to be.

Watch them win the East next year. Everyone loves to rag on the Giants but they rise up every few years and can be a real threat when you least expect them to be.

Eli tossed 27 picks last year. If they don't make a change at QB they will be out of it by mid-season. I think this is the season that Coughlin finally sees the light and pulls Eli after one of his three pick performances.

Eli tossed 27 picks last year. If they don't make a change at QB they will be out of it by mid-season. I think this is the season that Coughlin finally sees the light and pulls Eli after one of his three pick performances.

That same QB that tossed 27 INT's beat the Pats in the Super Bowl twice.

I know it's the bandwagon thing to rag on Eli and make him out to be bad, but if they got rid of him, they would totally go down the drain. Yes, I know, you all hate him because he has success every few years. Last time he threw 24 INT's, he had a comeback season and won a Super Bowl the next year.

anddddd he still has more rings than his brother who gets all the credit.

That same QB that tossed 27 INT's beat the Pats in the Super Bowl twice.

I know it's the bandwagon thing to rag on Eli and make him out to be bad, but if they got rid of him, they would totally go down the drain. Yes, I know, you all hate him because he has success every few years. Last time he threw 24 INT's, he had a comeback season and won a Super Bowl the next year.

anddddd he still has more rings than his brother who gets all the credit.

It also appears to be a bandwagon thing when anyone calls out Eli for the lousy QB he is to throw his rings in the debate. There is no doubt he had a couple of great playoff runs that were largely led by his defense and his clutch play but his whole body of work leaves much to be desired. I believe he is third on the list of most QBs thrown by an active QB. He is and always has been a turnover machine. Last year he didn't get away with it because he didn't have the D to bail him out like in previous seasons. At this point he has put Coughlin on the hot seat for the third time. I really think his best years, if he really had any, are behind him and if I was Coughlin I would have a short leash on him. They can't come close to repeating what happened last year.