Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Denver favorite to land Ware

also seem the favourite for jared allen just imagine a defence with drc, tj ward ,Allen,ware,miller,Phillips

I'm not sure how they can sign Ware, Allen and Cromartie because Cromartie's going to want what the Colts gave Vontae..

..and the Broncos need a  linebacker, too

If they get Ware and Allen then Phillips is gone, but I doubt they get both Ware and Allen.

They probably favor Ware but they arent going to sign both...they do have other needs...CB first and LB second....that said they do have a first rd pick to use but I imagine they look at secondary help there and wr.

Denver is the place for good FA's who are aging to take a lower value contract to try and win themselves a ring.  This wouldn't surprise me at all if Ware went there.

They managed to sign TJ Ward for cheap.  

I agree. Allen and Ware might very well be considering making slightly less money to get that ring. Broncos made it to the Super Bowl, and will be competitive next season as well, especially with another beast or two in D.

I'm sure both Ware and Allen, and the next generations of their families, won't exactly be starving even if they played for free for the rest of their careers, so why not go for the ring

Denver is the place for good FA's who are aging to take a lower value contract to try and win themselves a ring.  This wouldn't surprise me at all if Ware went there.

They managed to sign TJ Ward for cheap.  

Yeah, that offsets Talib's contract, IMO.

They need only 1 of Ware or Allen to bolster that pass rush opposite to Von Miller.

But their secondary would still have lost both Champ Bailey and DRC but retained Chris Harris and signed Talib. Depth in secondary is still an issue. However, the pass rush can make up for it, that is why they HAVE TO get a pass rusher.

Personally, I would like the Colts to sign a 1 yr. deal like Michael Bennett did with the Seahawks last year, by bringing in Lamarr Woodley for a 1 yr. deal. Pagano has seen him in his division and should know enough of him. That would give us Mathis, Werner, Walden and Woodley for our OLBs and I feel our pass rush will be improved with Cam Johnson in the mix too if that is how it plays out.