Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Interesting Comments By Polian Just Now....

HarassedOffTheSite

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't know...didn't see his comments...maybe he meant for the money they were expected to get it would be an A level signing. I agree he favors his own...thats been obvious over and over again....just thought it funny those two signings look very good.

I think SD fans don't like it but they don't understand....what happened in the playoffs. Mathews got hurt AGAIN..and suddenly they had to play Broncos and couldn't run the ball. Brown to me is almost a clone of Mathews running style. I think its a perfect fit and perfect price but maybe I'm biased. I don't think people understood how valuable that running game was to SD down the stretch..and it just got better and also a great insurance policy. Perfect fit in my mind.

Also, Bethea is a great fit in SF. He is just as good a tackler as Whitner (maybe not the hitter) and I actually think he can be better in coverage without concerns of run support. We know SF LBs won't need a lot of help with him coming up..and I think its the perfect scheme for him to return to top form. He was cheaper and better option than basically any other safety on the market. Byrd is in his own category...and as explosive as he is...I can't see his value being more than a top corner...but that is what NO paid him....good luck.

I was just teasing you...I almost always agree with your opinions...Bill is biased to his guys...he always compares people to his guys...just like when he compared Clowney to Bruce Smith...it just is what it is.

bp rated the free agents before any were signed. he said the a players get more money and years. he had the colt players rated this way. i always defend bp, but he is very partial to his players. i like listening to him, but you just have to live with the self promoting of his good moves and not mentioning the bad ones. but that's the tv business.

Bill's expertise wasn't FA so of course people will roll their eyes whenever Bill comes out with his opinion on FA.

Bill was good at getting weapons for Peyton, and getting fast guys on defense, through the draft. The only time I remember him getting FAs were all busts, ala Corey Simon, Anthony McFarland, etc. 

He excelled in undrafted FAs and late rounders in the draft.

Bill's expertise wasn't FA so of course people will roll their eyes whenever Bill comes out with his opinion on FA.

Bill was good at getting weapons for Peyton, and getting fast guys on defense, through the draft. The only time I remember him getting FAs were all busts, ala Corey Simon, Anthony McFarland, etc. 

Anthony McFarland was not a bust.

BP didn't turn to FA very often, but your assessment of his results is WAY off.  Simon is the only bust I can recall, and I didn't like the player or the move when it was made, but I could see the logic behind the attempt.  Booger, on the other hand, paid decent returns (or should I say he was a good pick?), as did Vinatieri and Stokely.

BP didn't turn to FA very often, but your assessment of his results is WAY off.  Simon is the only bust I can recall, and I didn't like the player or the move when it was made, but I could see the logic behind the attempt.  Booger, on the other hand, paid decent returns (or should I say he was a good pick?), as did Vinatieri and Stokely.

Well everyone is entitled to their own opinion.

And I have no qualm with yours.